25th anniversary prime diff from other reissues of prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by miasboytoy, Jan 3, 2009.

1. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    does anyone know if the 25th anniversary prime diff from other reissues of prime, other than the comic and dvd? or can forward me to a link to an existing thread on this topic. thanks

2. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aside from it having the circumcised smokestacks, his red is of a more "orangy" shade than the original's darker red, and his blue is quite a bit brighter and lighter than the original. Hasbro did reissue G1 Prime not too long ago with the short stacks as well, but I think this new one is the first to have the different shades of blue and red. I've heard it said that the trailer's gray color is also a shade different, but I can not say for sure, personally. 25th Prime is certainly different from Pepsi Prime, hehe. :D 

3. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Besides the cab colors being lighter, the trailer is a lighter shade, roller is blue (in the commemorative reissue Roller was silver) the Autobot symbols are painted on the shoulders, and the trailer spring for Roller works.(They took out the spring for the comm. reissue for some reason.) I also think he has the longer missiles for the trailer drone thingamabob that the comm. reissue had, but the original and takara reissuses had shorter missiles.

4. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Rodimus Major nailed it right above.

5. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does Hasbro plan on fixing this or are we screwed?

6. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Actually I just picked one of these up to harvest donor parts. There are a LOT of differences.

Of course Im comparing my original Diaclone Battle Convoy to the 25th Anni Prime.

First thing noteworthy is that the rub sign location on the head has a square recess for the rubsign decal.

The grill/bumper is redesigned only noticeable differences are in the rear which you wont really see unless you remove it.

The chrome legs have reinforcements inside where as battle convoy is hollow.

The chrome gas tanks on the legs have thicker posts that plug into the body.

The chrome headlights are a slightly different diammeter. for the fist hole and the actual outer diammeter that plugs into the arm.

The spring on the trailer is very weak. Diaclone prime literally launches roller across the room. Same for the Uber KO repro primes. like my Clear G1 prime. it has a super launcher.

there are a few other smaller differences. color and missile length being a few of them.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One minor difference (at least for the Takara Collection reissue) is Hasbro didn't bother to add the energy axe for this Prime either.

8. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Now that would have put the icing on the cake!

9. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, this pretty much covers it.

Fixing what? If you mean the colors, it's doubtful. I don't think they'll do another production run after the current one. Between ROTF and Animated (with sprinklings of Universe), Hasbro's production lines are going to be very busy.

Most of the other changes were done to comply with current safety laws (short stacks, longer missiles, etc). I am still curious why the axe wasn't included, though.

10. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    the short stacks is a debatable topic on safety. such as, are american children that dumb to poke their eyes out on a protrusion? more than likely not. they could poke their eye out on the gun too.

No possibly it is that kids might break off the longer stack and put the broken piece in their mouth. which opens a much bigger can of worms. why is it that parents blame toy manufactures for "chocking hazards" if choking really was an issue, they should just put lots of warning signs. heck they could choke on the fists of prime. or the little gas pump nozzle.

No more than likely they dont want to replace broken stacks. But all Hasbro needs to do is like TFCC. mark the toys as adult collectible. adults are responsible for their actions such as breaking stacks.

anyway I digress and and im sure many of you know these issues.

11. OldsCut78

OldsCut78 Laser Rod

I found some on clearance at Target. I took a good look at a few and the quality is horrible. I seen cabs with paint rubbed off. Trailers that looked like the sides were slightly different spots. (the seams did not match) I can go on and on. I passed on him. I want a reissue Prime but like me you are most likely better off with a Encore or earlier reissue.

12. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    As I understand it, the short stacks weren't because of a choking hazard per se, but that was part of it. They are due to the long-stacks Optimus failing the current drop tests. The drop test states that when a toy is dropped from a given height, it must always break into pieces that are too large to be considered a choking hazard.

All reissues of the Prime have the "Choking Hazard" warning on the packaging, so if that was the only reason, Prime would still have his long stacks. But the rationale behind the drop test is that parents who read the choking hazard warning would look for little pieces like the hose, gas pump or fists. They wouldn't know about a small piece of smokestack that broke off months later when little Timmy took Prime "cliff diving".

13. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I don't mind any of the changes except:
    1: The stacks. I wish A3&Up were still here. :( 

2: Those missles are WAY too long. Thankfully, my brother gave me his 2 leftover short missles. :) 

14. d*r*j*

d*r*j* Active Member

Hehe the shortened smokestacks are pretty lousy... but I like the long missiles. They are heaps cooler than the original short ones.
    [​IMG]
    The 25th is in the middle... encore on the left. I really like the differences in the trailer colours.

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

The new 25th looks more like the old G2 Prime.