25th Anniv. Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OrionPax9, Nov 4, 2008.

1. OrionPax9

OrionPax9 New Member

So I was at our local Wal-Mart last night when I happened upon a 25th Anniv. Prime. I was pretty shocked to see one, I knew it was coming out soon thanks to this website but really didnt know when we would get it in my town. Anyway, I put it in my cart and continued on about my business and got back to the toy isle to find that the thing costs $69.99! I was even more shocked at the price! Man hasbro has really figured out that collectors are willing to pay out the nose for some things. I put it back on the shelf, I couldnt afford a $70 toy last night, I'll have to start selling my plasma again to buy it, no joke. It seems kinda outrageous that they want $70 for it, if it was $50 or $60 I would probably have bought it, but when a toy is costing me more than a brand new Xbox360 game I just cant seem to justify it no matter how much I love Optimus and the Transformers. I mean thats like $50 for the toy $15 for the DVD and $5 for the comic!
    Does anyone else think thats a little much for the 25th Anniv. Prime? or am I just being tight with my blood money?

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i thought u wouldve noticed the price on this site too...yeah it is kinda expensive.. but as u say, it does have a DVD, comic, and the voice thing...so although its not cheap, its not THAT expensive...and its got a special value, being the 25th anniversary edition n all...i have a g1 prime from the encore line but i think i'll still pick this up...maybe once it goes on clearance though....so no, its not just u, a lot of people think its costly too :D 

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Welcome to last month...

but yeah its a rip-off and there is no excuse for that.

4. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

Yeah $69.99 is a bit much for that. Heck, you could almost get a complete loose G1 OP off of e-bay for that price.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just wait for it to go on sale.