24 deluxes at once for rotf??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HAILTHEFALLEN, Apr 12, 2009.

1. HAILTHEFALLEN

HAILTHEFALLEN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro states there will be 24 deluxe class 11 voyagers and 3 leaders. Is this going to be all at once, or split into diffrent waves??? God i hope its split. That could be costly if its all in one whack!!! Anybody know what the deal is on this?

2. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    split obviously. no way would there be enough shelf space in the shops for all at once

3. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats why they have waves

4. HAILTHEFALLEN

News Credits:
    I really hope so thanks for the input thats a relief.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    The general waves are 4x2 deluxe figs then 2 in each later wave,

2 voyagers and 2 leaders in the first wave after the previews(Bumblebee and Soundwave)

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

A good number of those Deluxes are coming on release day.

Skids (green twin)
    Mudflap (orange twin)
    Breakaway (fighter jet)
    Sideways (Audi)
    Sideswipe (Corvette)
    Smokescreen (Jazz repaint)
    Rampage (Constructicon)
    Chromia (blue bike)
    Barricade (remold)
    Bumblebee (preview)
    Soundwave (preview)

Now, they're probably going to do what they did the last time and release waves 1 and 2 at the same time. But, they may just stick with wave 1. (Although the list of figures would be a tad too big for just one wave, unless they're changing the size of the case assortments.)

7. HAILTHEFALLEN

News Credits:
    I CAN MANAGE IF ITS ABOUT 12 DELUXE 5 VOYAGERS AND MABEY 1 OR 2 LEADERS. BUT I FLIPPED WHEN I SAW 24-11-3 HECK I THINK MOVIE 1 HAD A TOTAL OF MABEY 28 DELUXES OVER A SIX MONTH SPAN IN ALL. IF THEY TREAT IT LIKE THE FIRST THEN IM ALL IN. I THOUGHT I COULD GET ANSEWRS HERE. THANKS:thumbs2: 

8. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

It was said somewhere (I believe here on TFW actually) that the preview wave would come a couple of weeks to a month ahead of the official release date, followed by the official release on the 30th (31st?) and then the second release (technically wave 3 if the news on the figures is legit) was due sometime around June 27th (after the movie hits.)

So we'll have some time to save up our dough and be prepared for the wallet onslaught.

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    This, I've got an ROTF fund saved away worth a couple hundred, hopefully it'll be enough for the first big "hurrah".

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if those figures mean for the deluxe class there are 24 molds or 24 characters (including repaints). Movie one had 18 deluxe molds, 7 voyager molds, and 3 leader molds, so I'm leaning towards there being 24 deluxe molds, 11 voyagers, and 3 leaders. Gosh, I really hope they don't do too many re-releases from the first movie.

11. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I'd imagine they're saying repaints, remolds, originals. But, that's just for 2009, we haven't seen 2010's offerings yet.

EDIT: we're told there's upwards of 60 bots for the film, but I sincerely doubt we'll see all of them (and most of them, I'd imagine, are cannon fodder.)

We've already seen the breakdown of the cast listing from official sources, and while it was incomplete, it was darn close to the final tally.

I've a feeling we'll see plenty of remolds, repaints, repacks, etc.

Especially in such a shitty economy.

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards. Unless something never before done before happens, the figures will come in waves. Maybe six at a time? Not sure how far apart. I'm guessing every month and a half??

13. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Last movie we got a ton of repaints, retools and repacks because Hasbro wasn't prepared for the demand. They've said that there WILL be more "new" product for ROTF though on the flip side, that could all get repainted just as much (as long its a decent repaint I'll buy it though... :/)

14. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:

Accutually, I think the first wave (besides previews) is:
    Skids
    Breakaway
    Sideways
    Sideswipe
    Rampage

THat would make wave 2:
    Mudflap
    Chromia
    Barricade
    Bumblebee (with sholder turrents)
    Smokescreen

Those list make sence to me.

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

That wouldn't work either. The figures come in even numbered assortments.
    2x4 for a total of 8, or one of each, plus a double of one character.

Now, if they did 5 characters at two per case for a total of 10, that line up you've suggested would work. But it doesn't jibe with what we've heard on the lineup.

http://www.Goldenagetoys.com (I believe?) has the case assortments listed and they show a slew of Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders for the initial release.

Optimus Prime and Megatron (Leader Class) will be packed together. Jetfire will be rotated into the case assortment on the second Leader Class wave. (My guess is Megatron will be repacked in the second case assortment to help get him sold. They had to do the same thing last time.)

16. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    According to the GoldenAgeToys case assortments (whose wave numbers aren't correct, they list the Preview wave as Wave 3, so their numbering is out) its-

Preview-
    Bumblebee (retool)
    Cybertronian Soundwave

A wave (don't know which ones hit in what order)-
    Skids
    Desert Brawl
    Smokescreen
    Chromia
    Wheelie

Another wave-
    Bumblebee (doesn't say which)
    Sideways
    Sideswipe
    Rampage
    Breakaway

A different wave-
    Cannon Bumblebee
    Barricade retool
    Ravage
    Mudflap

Now we can deduce Preview Wave hits first of course. I'd say the first wave is the one with the repaints, followed by the one with all the new fancy sports cars, and then the wave with the retools in it, but I could just as well be wrong. Either way, totally looking forward to these.

17. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

They won't be all at once becuase you can't fit that many packages in one shipping box. I worked for Toys R' Us and KB, and when we got our shipments in there were usually 8 units per box, so they'll probably be 4 at a time, 2 each per box.

18. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I doubt the first wave will be full of repaints. They want this line to sell, sell, sell. They'll throw the repaints into the mix (at least hardcore) around the 3rd to 4th waves. I'm sure we'll see a repaint or two in the beginning to help fill the cases, but I doubt we'll see wall to wall repaints at first.

Give it time though, they'll clog the shelves soon enough.

If Jetfire's any indication (and up until recently, Mixmaster) they seem to only have the first and second waves of figures made *and* readily available. (Though, if I recall correctly, Preview was considered wave 1, Wave 1 was considered wave 2, and Wave 2 was considered wave 3 as the cases were labeled...but my memory's a bit fuzzy on that one, so don't count on that one.)

So my guess is we'll definitely see:

Bumblebee (Preview)
    Soundwave (Preview)

Rampage
    Smokescreen (Jazz repaint)
    Desert Brawl (Brawl repaint)
    Skids
    Mudflap (maybe not on this one, I don't think we've seen a single leak on him yet.)
    Breakaway
    Chromia

I dunno though. I guess we'll just have to wait until the release day to know for sure.

I would love it if Hasbro would give us a checklist for the first wave, telling us what's available on release day so we know what we have and what's to come. I had to order Megatron from Amazon the last time because he was supposed to be out, but wasn't. Along with Bonecrusher and Brawl.

I think Hasbro likes to get the core figures out asap and then fill out the rest of the line with the second stringers and further lower on the foodchain folks.

You are correct sir, however, some cases only have one of a figure, with doubles of others. (BBTS is my go to source for case assortment information. Too bad they have jack shit on info this time around...)

19. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I figure some of the Deluxes will be just repaints/ remolds of movie 1 (Bumblebee, Barricade, probably the drone / non movie figures. Keep in mind that Walmart will probably do their own exclusive during ROTF life span (from release to the cut off date if and when Universe returns. I hope that the WM figures we get some more Classic era repaints, like a Seeker (either orginal or conehead) or a Autobot car (Prowl, Sunstreaker, Hound, even the Cybertron Crosswise again)

20. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you guys mean by "preview" figures? Like mentioned with Bumblebee.