Kmart(R) Celebrates the Theatrical Release of 'TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen' w

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by frenzyrumble, Jun 1, 2009.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Kmart(R) Celebrates the Theatrical Release of 'TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen' with Multi-Dimensional Marketing Partnership

Linky to TF Kmart site:
    http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/dap_10151_10101_DAP_Transformers+2

Kmart(R) Celebrates the Theatrical Release of 'TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen' with Multi-Dimensional Marketing Partnership

HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., June 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Kmart(R) announced today its upcoming multi-channel entertainment marketing promotion supporting the June 24 release of "TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen" from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, in association with Hasbro, Inc. The promotion launches June 7 and runs through July 4, 2009.

The program kicks-off with Kmart's most robust Father's Day promotion to date; themed to the film. Beginning June 7th through Father's Day on June 21st, Kmart will encourage consumers to "TRANSFORM YOUR DAD" with a variety of merchandise and will offer 2 free movie tickets to see "TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen" with a $50 menswear purchase, exclusions apply.

Kmart is supporting the promotion with a national television spot (in both English and Spanish) highlighting men's apparel, the movie ticket offer and the film. The micro-site (Clothing, Toys, Electronics, Jewelry, Jaclyn Smith - Kmart.com) is where consumers can redeem codes for movie tickets, download "TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen"-themed content, watch movie trailers and purchase TRANSFORMERS merchandise.

For the second half of the promotion, June 22 - July 4, Kmart teamed-up with Hasbro to create a dedicated Transformers destination boutique. "Headquarters for TRANSFORMERS will be located in the front of each Kmart retail location and will house everything TRANSFORMERS: toys, video games, men's and boy's apparel, bedding, and much more.

Kmart also created synergies with fellow "TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen" movie partners: Burger King Corp. and Mars Snackfood. Participating BURGER KING (R) restaurants will distribute TRANSFORMERS toy and footwear coupons, redeemable at Kmart stores through its BK(R) Kids Meal. Kmart will also be featured in its kids-directed "BK(R) Adventures" newsletter and email newsletter. Mars Snackfood will bring the cross-partnership with Kmart to life by creating "TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen"-themed window displays and hosting in-store events at both Penn Station and Astor Place, New York City store locations.

Additional support includes: circular advertisements, email blasts, signage, in-store radio and TRANSFORMERS-themed gift cards. And for the first time ever, Kmart created a 24-page movie-themed comic book which will be distributed in select theaters during the promotional period. The comic book is the movie adaptation of "TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen" and includes several Kmart ads highlighting the movie ticket offer and TRANSFORMERS licensed merchandise. It also contains a page of coupons designed to drive traffic both in-store and online.

Paramount Pictures releases "TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen" on June 24, 2009.

The Kmart partnership was executed by Norm Marshall & Associates.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    About "TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen":

In the highly-anticipated "TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen," debuting June 24, 2009, Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) again joins with the AUTOBOTS against their sworn enemies, the DECEPTICONS. Michael Bay directs from a screenplay written by Ehren Kruger & Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman.

TRANSFORMERS is a brand of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS). Hasbro is a worldwide leader in children's and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at Hasbro Network. (C) 2009 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Cool. It sounds like K-Mart is the go to destination for TF movie stuff this year. I remember with movie #1 the go to destination was Target.

I wonder what K-Mart's display looks like. With all the promotions and heavy invilvement with Hasbro, I'd hope to imagine it to be pretty damn good.

4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That nice, but I don't have a K-mart.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I wouldn't have imagined. Most of the Kmarts near me have closed, and the one that's still open is so dirty and disorganized, I make it a point not to visit there. I thought the whole company was on the way out.

Regardless, I dig merchandising stuff and am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

6. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Kmart, to put is nicely, is not exactly the strongest of the retail chains in the US, so it's curious to see them end up with such a deal. Still, it's nice, since we have a Kmart, so I'll be keeping an eye out. I can dig free ROTF tickets.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    K-Mart is the new KB Toys in my area. Their prices are higher than Walmart.

8. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    K-MART = Trash-Mart.

it's become even more Craptastic than Wal-Mart.

Besides I seriously doubt this deal is for "All" K-Marts.

9. elkkthunder

elkkthunder Well-Known Member

the have leader jetfire listed as shipping in 2 days

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  11. Starkenator

Starkenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of ironic since I went to my Kmart on the 30th and they had ZERO ROTF figures out.

12. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    My city is pretty much the same, so I'm a little surprised that Hasbro is hitching their wagon to K-Mart. Of course, by that same logic, you could argue that K-Mart NEEDS this more than Target or Wal*Mart do.

I'm surprised that K-Mart didn't get an exclusive figure out of this partnership though. (At least, I don't remember one being mentioned in the BotCon coverage.)

13. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

hmm i go out of my way to avoid K-mart shopping..

14. Laughing Man

Laughing Man Not crossing the streams.

News Credits:
    Same here, the K-Marts all closed in my area, and they were pretty crappy before they did.

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    K-Mart is still around? :confused: 

16. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Awesome!

17. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I just got back from the Franklin, TN K-Mart. They did not have a single piece of ROTF merchandise. Nothing, nada, zilch. Definitely not the "go-to" place from the looks of that.

But then my expectations were low to start with. K-Mart is a nice match for Transformers though, as their stores always look like they are in the middle of transforming (shit all over the place).

18. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Blue light special, mayne!!!

19. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    The press release would seem to imply that K-Mart isn't putting the toys out until the middle of June, when the "second phase" of the promotion starts. They've really, ah, missed the boat there.

20. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    I just checked my local K-Mart at lunchtime for Toys and what-not. They have started the "Transform your Dad" promotion with a few ironically small signs stating as such. Understood the promo is not in full swing, but still, it was pretty weak.

Onto the toy aisle.....this is probably the saddest, most feeble attempts at sales I have ever seen for TF toys. There were 6 (SIX!) deluxes in total priced at 12.99...4 Voyagers (1 of each from wave 1) priced at 24.99 (!!!!!!!)....No Leaders, and 8 legends priced at 6.27 (*faints*). That...was...it. It was pitiful. I feel sorry for K-Mart. There is no way they will compete with Wal-Mart or Target with toys unless they blow our minds with their Front of Store Displays with waves 1, 2, 3, AND 4 out at the same time.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Legends Devastator Giftset was a K-Mart exclusive! HAHAHAHA!

Either way, though. Can't argue with free tickets when you buy clothes.