20th Anniversary Prime - On clearance again

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Darkprime, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got back from my walmart in Dumfries, VA where the 20th Anniversary Prime is now marked down to $50. There's no signs of it being a clearance or sale. The other day it was $69. Take it for what you want, but I think he's going to be clearanced out everywhere soon.

2. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

if i could just find him, when i had cash,,, id pay full price for him this time

3. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

what a suprise! I have no idea why they even re-released to begin with. Ah well, good luck for those who want him this is your chance to get him.

4. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Now if only they would drop him to $30. That is the only way I see myself buying this one since I have two of the original 20th Anniversary Prime's, gray and black guns. I like the colors but can't see myself paying a lot, and this is coming from someone that has just about every repaint from Armada, Energon, Alternators, and Cybertron.

5. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Well I know I'd buy, well I would if those fools were gonna keep Lay-Away it help a lot on that guy alone.

6. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

see thats why i missed him the first time around... he ended up getting bought out from under my nose by my local scalper, while i was waiting for him to drop, or to get ahold of my brother n law that worked there to get me his little discount...went in 2 days after deciding to wait to get a little more money and all 4 off the shelf were bought up , wich always happens if i wait for toys...and i only have wal-mart around so theres no hope of TrU or anything like that

7. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    The only stores around me are Wal-Mart and K-Mart, if they should really count since they rarely have anything, for about a 120 radius so I feel your pain there but I have seen 12 or more DVD Prime's per store setting on shelfs in about three or four Wal-Mart's here for months. If I can't find him it is not a big deal for me but I hope you have the chance to get him this time. If I did not have the first I would have jumped on it the first time I saw it but right now with so many ofter Transformers on the way and not as much money as I once had to spend I will wait. I may decide to pass on him but I will wait until the right price or he is gone.

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I'd totally buy it if it's at $30. I got the black gun Prime but can't hurt to have another one right?

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Yeah, VERY wise of Wal-Mart to get 20-30 of those per store but totally ignore the Classics... yup... I don't even think even one has sold at my local Wal-Mart since they started stocking them. I remember a dad and mom shopping for their kid just a few days ago while I was in the aisle, their conversation went something like "Well, he said he wanted Optimus Prime... that one's $40, the other one's $75, not sure why... we'll go with the $40 one."

10. racnruin

racnruin Decepticon

:eek:  I would be willing to buy it for $50.00 Time to hit Wallmart!

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    This is nation-wide markdown, not "store by store".

Most WalMarts won't mark down 20th Prime (or any other over-stock TF) until after Christmas, when they are given a budget by corporate to "eat the cost" of items and mark them down.

I have a lady in Brighton that will knock the price down to $15 ... she did it last time, and she can't wait to do it this time, they just don't sell over here.

12. MoreThanMeetsTheEye

MoreThanMeetsTheEye Well-Known Member

I have the 20th anni. Prime, but I didnt know that it released before. Could someone please explain.

13. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I suppose, then, you have the new 20th Ann. DVD edition?

This Prime mold was first released in late '03 or early '04 (can't recall exactly) by both Takara (as Masterpiece Prime, MP-01) and as 20th Anniversary Prime by Hasbro.

Somewhat recently, there was a re-release by Takara, Masterpiece Prime MP-04, which includes a trailer. And, Hasbro re-released him as DVD 20th Ann. Prime (the version you apparently have) with a talking base and brighter and more vibrant colors. There are more differences between all four releases than what I've listed here, and at least one variant on the first Hasbro release (gray rifle vs. black rifle).

Hope that answered your question!

14. TSFC

TSFC Banned

I'll just wait. He'll steadily decline, further in price. I ain't gonna pay $70.00 for his plastic and metal ass.

15. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Him...for $30, I'd buy the DVD edition, just to keep MISB. And I'm not even a MISBcollector!

-Tony!

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I posted in the Toyark last week that I spotted it on on sale at WM for $37.99.

17. linch

linch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought one from walmart about 2hours ago for 19.67.....might be a price error.
    they put a yellow sticker on it says "19.67". when I check out, the scanner shows normal price at 69.88 but eventually I got it for less than 20. if anybody want to see it, I can take some pictures.

18. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i don't know what happened, but about 2 years ago in october, i was searching through wal-mart and they had the 20th prime on clearance for $40
    my wife was embarassed by the fact that i was freaking out over it and said she'd buy it but i couldn't get it till christmas

i remember it sat in our bedroom for a long time, and she never wraped it up, and i would just sit there for hours at a time just analizing every detail of it.........waiting for the moment i could transform him

19. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    A lady?

Anyways, if they're going to be 15, pick me up one. lol That is dirt cheap!

20. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I paid, I think, $75 for mine back in '04, but a bargain hunter friend of mine held out and got one on clearance for $25 at a WM, and he said they had a buttload of them at that price.

I already have two 20th Ann. Primes (one w/black rifle and one w/gray rifle), and don't really need another...though I'd get the DVD Prime, if it drops to <$40. I couldn't believe TRU is trying to sell them for $90!!!