Minor/Repaint: 20th Anniversary Pepsi Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys! I just finished my custom trailer for 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime. I always thought that the Pepsi promotion was neat for the G1 Prime, so I thought I would do something similar for the 20th Prime. I wanted it to have G1 roots (the idea and some of the design), but as with my preferences with the BT/Alternators line, I wanted an updated feel to it too. Also, I added a gun storage underneath the trailer so Prime can haul his rifle in vehicle mode. I found a Kenworth truck at TRU and I feel it works with Prime very well so I used that and then made the labels for the sides and the back in addition to the rifle storage. The trailer doesn't transform, but that's fine with me, especially since the geewun "accurate" trailer doesn't either. Mine cost me $15 and I got another truck as well.

[ATT]16926[/ATT]

[ATT]16927[/ATT]

. . . and a custom storage rack for the cannon

[ATT]16928[/ATT]

Let me know what you think! Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Airraid

Airraid Well-Known Member

The gun thing is genious but the pepsi trailer isn't so great. Lowers value.

3. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

That Pepsi trailer looks just fabulous. You know I hate the larger size class, so that says a lot.

Good for you that it was cheaper and you are happy with it.

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    The gun storage was a last minute addition after I started seeing where the project was going. As a kid, I always used the hole on the inside of the trailer to store Prime's gun. I wanted something similar after I started doing the lift and hitch modifications. What is really cool is that the gun doesn't just sit i the storage - it locks in! I thought that was really cool. You insert the gun and then just pull forward slightly and instant lock! you can turn the trailer on its front and the gun still stays in place!

In terms of the trailer design itself, I didn't just want a geewun copy of the trailer; I wanted something a bit . . . diferent. I love Pepsi anyways and the Pepsi promotion in 84-85 just started to get me thinking on ideas. At one point, I was playing with both Coke and Pepsi ideas. Just in terms of color palette and design, I thought the Pepsi trailer just looked better. :thumb 

5. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

I think it looks awesome

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    It looks great. The trailer looks really natural with the cab. Great work!!

7. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Looks great, One question though do the trailor doors open at all?

8. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Brilliant...
    I am gonna keep an eye out for cheap trucks with the right scale trailer!

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Yes the doors open but the trailer is a tad too small to fit any Alts in it :cry 

10. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I like the rifle storage idea!
    I also looked at your other pics. May I ask where you got those nifty Meister stickers?

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I made those nifty Meister labels (as with my Pepsi Prime and the Hot Pursuit labels). :) 

12. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, those look really professional. :thumbs2: 

Darn I was kind of hoping there was a store that sold stickers for cars. Does it take a long time to make your own custom stickers?

13. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Can I ask EXACTLY what Kenworth model you got, brand name and everything? I'm assuming it's 1:24th scale. And did the whole thing really only cost $15?

It looks really sharp, and I have an inkling that I could work up a pretty accurate (at least to my tastes) rendition of the old trailer. But most trailers I find run $60 and up. :redface2: 

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    TRU actually madee it, so TRU is the brand name, and yes it cost $15 (even comes with a black cab). It being exactly 1:24 I am not sure of. I do know that none of the Alts will fit in it though :(  I created a lift alteration and a hitch alteration on the trailer for Prime as well.

I could have made a geewun accurate version of the trailer as well, but I wanted something more original and more fun. As much of a G1 fan I am, I'm tired of seeing the same old things over and over. Part of my fascination of the BT/Alt line is that they are modern TFs with updates. That's my side of things though.

Either way I went, this way was a LOT cheaper than the KO trailer that was made (I haven't seen one + shipping for less than $60). This toy was $15 then I factor in my ink and paper. Plus this way was more creative and fun! :D 

15. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can find. :) 

And personally, while the Trailer isn't "accurate" it's refreshingly different with still a touch of familiarity (mainly the cornering stripe) Not everyone has to do it exactly the same way. You really did an excellent job with it. :thumb 

EDIT: Hmmm. The only one I'm finding online is a 1:32 scale T2000, which might be it. My local TRU didn't have one (I'd checked that earlier on) and they don't have control on their ordering in this area.

Still, I appreciate the information. My only concern is the width versus Prime's in cab-mode. Eh, I figure for $15, I can give it a try at least. ;) 

16. Superquad7

News Credits:

I am glad you like my custom. I had a lot of fun designing it and making it! I thought the Pepsi G1 Prime was a neat idea, so I thought I would use those elements and update it a bit (honestly, the oldskool Pepsi logo would look goofy on that trailer! haha). Again, I wanted to stay characteristic of the BT/Alt (and even MP) lines but using familiar elements but new, modern designs.

The only other info I can give is that the package says "Kenworth W900" and that the line seems to be named "Fast Lane." It is a TRU product and there are actually 5 different models. The ISBN # is 09357711936. That's all the info I have. Hope that helps!

I have added a couple more photos to my gallery, one of which that "transforms!" :D  I hope to add a few more soon too! Enjoy!

17. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

That remake of the 'Pepsi' Prime is awesome. Impressive work. :) 

18. Icebergman

Icebergman Well-Known Member

Looks cool!! :D 

19. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    When I read the title I was hoping to find pic of a Pepsi can transforming into Prime but your pics are goods too.

20. convoyprime

convoyprime soundwave¨kid¨from tfcon

you know I still think I coke megs would rock!