20th anniversary Optimus Prime help!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nawhaley, Mar 26, 2008.

1. nawhaley

nawhaley Member

I recently found a newly packaged 20th anniversary prime for a really good price and so picked it up. I opened the figure a few days ago and noticed upon going through the transformation that the left headlight piece on the truck mode was missing. So knowing the product was likely clearance at Wal-Mart I contacted Hasbro customer service immediately to find out if I could exchange or get the part from them.

Sadly their response was that the product has been discontinued and they no longer have even parts in stock to send me for the figure. They also stated they would send me a box for the figure and exchange it for one of equal value. While this is a nice offer on their part I don't really want to exchange the product since I already have the starscream they offered and nothing else really stacks up well vs this product in my eyes.

My question in all of this to you here on the board is does anyone know a third party that I can obtain parts from. Its a very small part and it looks simple enough that even someone like me who has done no kitbashing should be able to glue the part into place relatively easy. If anyone here could be of any help I would appreciate it!

2. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Replacement part

Normally,I would advise you to check e-bay but you might end up paying more for the part than you should so here's a suggestion;try checking the discount toy stores for a junker semi thats the same size as Prime or ask about a replacement part from the dealer and if you cant find it there you could also try a hobby shop.Hope this helps!

3. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Don't EVER send anything back to Hasbro.

They will never, ever actually give you something you want.

Notable instances of Hasbro's equivilancy:

Exchanging 08 Movie Bumblebees for Legend Class figures
    Exchanging any Energon figure for Energon Ironhide
    Exchanging for smaller size class figures.

Baaaad ju-ju there.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe ask around TF kitbashing forums. Must be lots of people that hacked up an MP/20th Prime for projects that would be happy to send you the bit you need if they have it kicking about spare. :) 

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Send a message to TheTransTorture , he's turned a couple MP Primes into custom dead bodies and zombies and might have that part.