20th Anniversary DVD - Retailer Exclusives UPDATED

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Dayvcon

Dayvcon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a pic of the litho i got (thaks 2 my sister) she picked it up when she paied for the dvd at the register (it was at Suncoast)

[​IMG]

2. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have updated the front page and will update the first post of this thread with all of the findings thusly.

We still need photos for the Costco pack ...Please anyone who is able to provide some images, feel free to PM me and we can host them for you.

EDIT: Thank you much Dayvcon, post edited and credited :D 

3. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

News Credits:
    Same here. I didn't check all the area Circuit City stores, but the one closest to me had no copies out either. Turns out they didn't receive any to begin with, according to employees there. So, off to Wal-Mart I went.

4. OldSchool80sKid

OldSchool80sKid Banned

If you have a decent printer you can just make your own iron on. However, you will need imaging software to reverse the image before you print it on iron on paper.

5. meh_cd

meh_cd Well-Known Member

I got my copy from Amazon.com. No lenticular cover. Kind of lame, but eh oh well.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apparently some Circuit City's received the Lenticular shipments, and some recieved the non-Lenticulars. Which is odd since the Lenticular version is featured in this week's ad...

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Circuit City, no lenticular cover...

[​IMG]

Was also by a Target and didn't see lenticular covers on the ones there, either. Can't say I'm all that broken up about it, given that I never save DVD boxes.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I got mine today at target, and it DID have the lenticular cover.

9. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I bought mine at a Walmart here in Austin, TX and it did have the lenticular cover and iron-on symbol. I did not see any without the lenticluar cover on the shelves.

I stopped by Best Buy and did not find them anywhere in the new releases. I gave up looking after getting distracted by the Guitar Hero II demo for about 10 minutes.

10. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Man those shirts rule. I got the Wal-mart edition with the iron on. Sweet deal.

11. Lio_Convoy

Lio_Convoy New Member

i got mine at suncoast with no linticular cover but will only cost me 9.99 after a mail in rebate

12. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ^Yeah, that Lithograph Dayvcon posted from SUN-COAST says "Rhino" as in "Rhino Entertainment" and is not "Sony." I'm curious as to if that promo was leftover from a previous Rhino Transformers DVD release. Can anyone post info to back up this theory?

Dayvcon, did the lithograph come sealed with your packaged DVD or did the people at SUN-COAST hand it to your sister when she purchased it at the register? I'm thinking that Litho is old leftover Rhino promo stock since it is labled "Kid Rhino" and dated "2000."

The dvd WAS available at Circuit City with the lenticular cover. My brother and I each bought one(that's 2 for those keeping count), and we counted 10 others without the lenticular cover. Don't know if they had more. We paid the $12.99 promo price.

Toy's 'R' Us all had the lenticular cover $17.
    Best Buy - same as TRU (all lenticular covers)- $17
    F.Y.E. entertainment (Strawberries/Coconuts, etc.) all had lenticular covers, $20, marked down to $17, then a $7 mail in rebate bringing the final to $10.

Oh btw Sears has the "Transformers: Armada" spin-off video game for the Ps2 marked down at $9.99 *NEW* if anyone is interested.

13. Schnafe

Schnafe .-. --- -... --- - ...

News Credits:
    I stopped by my Suncoast before I purchased my DVD to see if they had the lithograph. The lady there kinda looked at me weird and said she wasn't aware of one for this release but she seemed to remember one a few years back. I assume she meant the Rhino release.

I went to Circuit City to purchase mine but they didn't have any in stock so I ended up taking the flyer to Wal*Mart and they priced matched!

14. Style

Style Well-Known Member

Got mine from Best Buy in Canada for 9.99 with the Litho cover. I bought it with the 20th Anniv Prime package. Going to return my 20th anniv to TRU since I paid 90 for it and you could get the DVD and Prime for 99 from Best Buy and the boxes are MINT! They are sealed in plastic with the DVD and have great corners, plastic etc...only draw back is that they taped the DVD straight to the side of the box inside the shrink rap...got mine off carefully and all is well!

15. Dayvcon

Dayvcon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my sister said that they took it out of a just opened small ups box and gave it to her when she bought it (she said they had about 25 of them) and the DVD had the lenticular cover.

16. Ondoher Prime

Ondoher Prime "And then..?"

went to HMV just to get one of those nice shirts. i got it along with a non-lenticular version of the DVD. bummer. headed straight for work but decided to visit cheapies in downton hamilton, ON just to see if they had some. they did - and they had the lenticular cover version. bought another one there. :) 

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Saw Lenticular-covered ones at Toys R Us near me (Dayton, Ohio)

Bought at Wal-Mart myself, went to Circuit City first, but was put off by the lack of lenticularness and that they only had one on the shelf (I was buying for myself and a friend)

Funny thing, some guy with his wife/girlfriend happened to see me grabbing the TF movie off the shelf at Wal Mart, and had his own private little "OOOOH!" moment. He grabbed a copy and showed to his lady, apparently expressing his desire to get the DVD. The woman said "Oh, do you want to get that movie, little boy?" which gave me a little chuckle as I took my two copies to the checkout. :) 

18. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Circuit City I went to here in Louisville, KY after work yesterday was totally sold out. I was able to take their ad across the street though, and get the movie from Wal-Mart with the iron-on for the same $12.99 price. All the ones the Wal-Mart had were lenticular cover.

My coworker went to the Circuit City on his way home too, they didn't have them with the lenticular cover, just the regular cover.

Anyone else slightly annoyed that the lenticular cover isn't attached to the case itself, and cannot fit into the image sleeve on the case to cover the non-lenticular cover?

19. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so lenticular-ness is a YMMV situation...gotcha, thanks to all who have reported

20. panda

panda Well-Known Member

i picked mine up from HMV canada and had both the shirts and the cover was 14.99