20th Anniversary '86 good but...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nemesis91078, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Nemesis91078

Nemesis91078 SAY cheeze!!!

Ebay:
    What about the 7.4.7. soundtrack anyword on that yet i have heard some sinpets over at transformersgame.com but no work on that does anyone have info on that???

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

3. Nemesis91078

Ebay:
    i'll check that out LMS

4. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Folks:

Would it derail this thread too much if I said that, to my ears, the music really hurts the 1986 movie? It's good music for sanding paint or pounding nails to, but it's just so *intrusive*, and it really detracts IMHO from the very nice animation and, well, adequate storyline...it's a better soundtrack for a 30 second commercial, perhaps, than a feature movie.

I think the film would have been a lot more enjoyable if the music had been a somewhat more like what the show had, which was very good background stuff. In fact, I think it's such good background stuff that I play it on my computer at work while designing stuff. :) 

To be fair, the music doesn't always intrude. In the big moments it often works well. My absolute favorite scene, Prime's last ride, works wonderfully well with "The Touch". The mood it builds is one of awesome strength and yet sadness. He's Prime as always, but he's not coming back today. The music for
    Prime's death, too, is quite fitting, and somewhat of an exception. I think it's the 'quiet moments' in the movie (few thought they be) that tend to be hurt most by the rockin' out. :) 

Maybe I just need to wash down 7 bowls of Fruit Loops with Jolt Cola before watching it. :D 

I'll love it if this TF movie has something big and orchestral. That would Kick Axe.
    *aircello*

5. Nemesis91078

Ebay:
    no no one has posted anything about the soundtrack for the 7.4.7 movie the Bay film soundtrack no word on that, last i heard stan bush was supposed to do something for the bay film after that nada

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Only think I've heard about the new soundtrack is some crappy rap duo claiming their song was going to be on it. They had the song up on their MySpace page. It was terrible. Really, really terrible.

7. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Sb:

Retro-Beastie-Boys terrible, or French-rap terrible?

Or even "Tell Laura I loooove heeer" terrible? :hookday 

8. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    I think the 86 score does nothing but assist the film...
    Dare I say, it complements it perfectly.

IMO, the animation is the worst thing about the film.
    Inconsistent in numerous spots.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I love the 86 movie FOR the soundtrack...it's to deliciously campy:D  I can;t wait for it's re-release I've been wanting to get it on CD.

10. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Terrible like... there's not even a word for how terrible it was. I'd have to teach myself seven differant languages, combine the worst words in each one, and then the light from that would still take over 8 million years to reach it, Terrible.

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Everything about the 86 movie is terrible, including the soundtrack. The whole thing is an unmitigated disaster. I like it in a nostalgic way, but I understand that it's purely about the nostalgia, because the animation, story, dialog, character development, and music are all woefully inadequate. So in this sense, no, the soundtrack doesn't detract from the movie, it's awfulness fits right in perfectly with everything else. :) 

12. Nemesis91078

Ebay:
    when your 5 years old in 1986, like i was you really dont care to listen to the music it just drives the action, but only one song for the 7.4.7. movie? jeez everything with this movie has been well silly i hope its not a bay-bomb... the music for ghost rider was cool and they could only give us a score geez i mean come on hollywood you guys are slippin on the peel here

13. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

say what you would about the soundtrack people,

bout the only songs i find that truly work for the movie are these

ground zero for primes fight to the death with megatron

never surrender as an optional song for the touch when it comes to unicron blowing up

and lastly faith of the heart when it comes to the final moments of the movie.

can anyone else add on to the list here people?

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I'll eat my hat if at last some of the music isn't like the music played on the TF Movie Game website.

15. Nemesis91078

Ebay:
    well i love 80's hair metal... so this soundtrack is awesome... i just would like to know if anyone has any news about the 7.4.7. movie soundtrack

16. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

I only care if the new soundtrack for 7.4.7 has the theme. That's it!

17. Eitheta

Eitheta Well-Known Member

They've re-released the movie soundtrack, but I wish they'd release a soundtrack to the TV show. The closest thing we have are the iffy rips on TFcog. I personally loved the background music in the TV show, and it's really a huge part of G1 for me.

And yeah as far as the new movie goes, the only thing I really care about is the theme song. If it doesn't have a remixed version of the theme song... man, will I be disappointed. It would be like the final nail in the coffin. It just wouldn't be transformers to me without it.

And well... The Touch would be a nice... um... touch. It would be funny as hell to hear it in the movie, but I don't think it really fits with the time, tbh. So no Stan Bush, no big deal to me.

18. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think since they've got Bumblebee "sampling" different songs, it wouldn't be too hard to insert something (esp "Touch") somewhere as "background" music, as another geek/fan nod.

But while I like the 86 soundtrack mostly for nostalgia as well, I agree that other than Stan Bush's 2 songs, and Weird Al's (the scene of which in TF:TM is just Gods-awful), I only liked the instrumental ones. I got the CD on eBay about 5/6 months back. I think I'll probably plop down more $ if there is addl songs on the re-release.

Hopefully, other than a re-tool of the theme, which I coulda sworn Bay or DiCola(?) said there would be, all of it is instrumental - I don't really WANT a "theme" song for the new movie. Of course, any re-tool may be in the ending credits, similar to what they did for TMNT - the ending song has all KINDS of references to the original comics, cartoon & whatnot. While the song itself was "eh", was nice to see the moviemakers nod to the older fans who came, either on their own/with adult friends (1st time) or with kids (2nd time w/ 3 of them - I borrowed my sister's).

19. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    We may never know "WHip it" will make it into the 2007 movie sound track.

20. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    ...which is decent, but it's 100% synthesized. That's definitely not what I want to hear in the movie, and hopefully the film had a budget for a live orchestra to provide the score.

Synth music is pretty standard for video games though. The clip looped on the TF game site reminds me a lot of the early Warcraft game scores.