2014 summer movies

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by RyLegacy, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Since we're apparently skipping a year, I'm just going to list all the movies I'm currently planning to see both next year and 2014.

2013:
    -Texas Chainsaw 3D
    -Carrie
    -Iron Man 3
    -Star Trek Into Darkness
    -After Earth
    -Man of Steel
    -The End of the World
    -Lone Ranger
    -The Wolverine
    -Thor: The Dark World
    -The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    -The Worlds End

2014:
    -Maleficent
    -Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    -Ninja Turtles
    -The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    -Godzilla
    -Dawn of the Planet of Apes
    -Guardians of the Galaxy
    -James Bond 24
    -The Hunger Games: Mockingjay p1
    -X-Men Origins: Deadpool
    -Green Lantern 2
    -Voltron: Defender of the Universe

Well...those are movies I would like to go see, might not actually see some of them in theaters depending on how I like their trailers. There's also a couple in the 2014 list that I imagine might get pushed back to 2015, or might not even make it to production, let alone release.

Also, it's a complete coincidence that both lists contain twelve movies...:inquisiti 

2. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

My most anticipated movies for 2013:
    1. Iron Man 3
    2. Thor 2
    3. Man of Steel
    4. Pacific Rim
    5. Fast and Furious 6
    6. The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
    7. Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    8. Star Trek Into Darkness
    9. Kick-ass 2
    10. The Wolverine

Some honorable mentions that I am cautiously optimistic for:
    Texas Chainsaw 3D- I'm not a fan of the horror genre and the main actress was a terrible Annabeth in the Percy Jackson movie (she is still extremely hot though), but the trailer for this movie was pretty good. The movie will probably suck, but I really liked the trailer.

Speaking of Percy Jackson, I don't know how to feel about the Sea of Monsters movie. On the one hand, they are fixing a lot of the problems the first one had. On the other hand, it would have been a better choice to reboot it with younger actors. The movie also is going to have Nathan Fillion as Hermes and Mark Hamill as Tantalus. I'll probably see this one even though I strongly dislike the first one.

The Carrie remake has a lot of great actors and actresses and I'm interested to see what they're going to do with it. I don't know how or if they're going to do the shower scene though.

3. RyLegacy

RyLegacy Well-Known Member

Are we so certain of GL 2 and Voltron? I haven't heard anything, unless it slipped under my radar. I hope you're right tho!

And the reason why I skipped 2013 is that while we are getting iron man, superman, thor and star trek.... i personally feel that 2014 has a better more exciting collection of epic big budget movies.

4. Mister Chef

Mister Chef Mister Chef

Godzilla, TMNT reboot, Pacific Rim and Guardians of the Galaxy are my most anticipated.

And Thor 2 and Captain America 2 also have my interest, but TBH I could wait for the DVD. And I can't really say I care about ASM 2 because I haven't even seen the first.

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well blow me down, I never knew Carrie was getting remake or Voltron was getting a movie at all......

6. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

1. The Hobbit: There and Back Again
    2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

That's about it for me. Pretty light summer.

7. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Same here. I mean, I kinda get that Hollywood has been planning a Voltron movie for some time but Carrie getting a remake? When did this happen?:confused: 

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say certain, more like....hopeful. I've heard WB REALLY wants to get another GL movie out there, so they can do one right, lol...(though honestly, I do enjoy the one we've gotten...). As for Voltron...it might be a bit of a long-shot, and while I've never been a fan of the series (had the toy growing up though....it was a hand-me-down from one of my sisters, lol...), I would enjoy watching a modern live-action movie for it.

I'm also not certain of the Deadpool movie. It's something I'd like to see made, but...I'm not exactly counting on it actually happening...yet.

Personally I'm more psyched for next year's movies, overall anyways. There's still a good handful of 2014 movies I'm really looking forward to (CA:TWS,NT,TASM2,THG:Mp1)

Voltron might not happen, but Carrie definitely is. It's got that girl who was in the Dark Shadows remake....the bitch of a daughter, lol...

9. gil

gil Godmaster

Well, you got all of 2013 to save money. But remember, ticket prices are ******ed now, it's gonna only get more ******ed.

As far as what I want, just the Marvel movies for me for 2014. in 2013, it's the Marvel movies plus Superman,Star Trek, and Fast Six.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I care mostly about the Marvel films.

11. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

I hate the title for Captain America 2. The Winter Soldier ?? What the fuck. It sounds like a Christmas special.

12. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Are you aware of the comic storyline? The title takes its name after The Winter Soldier storyline in the comics. It is considered one of the best Captain America stories around. It is easily my number one favorite Captain America story. Winter Soldier is also a military term just google it and see all the things that come up.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I take it you're not too familiar with certain story arcs within the Captain America comic books (this coming from someone who's never read a Marvel comic book, lol). After you see the movie you might like the title, or it'll at least make some sense to you. If not after seeing a trailer, as I doubt they'll be able to keep certain major spoilers out of them. Though it would be nice if they could. Would certainly make the.....revelation all the more surprising for those who don't know.

14. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is my most anticipated 2014 movie. Man of Steel for 2013.

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Rusty and Raven nailed it. The title makes perfect sense.

My first guess for the potential title was Captain America: Agent of SHIELD. Seemed like it could fit with the motif of Cap trying to exist in the modern world/how he'd probably be taken under SHIELD "custody". They could play up the fact that he really has no other place to go other than to SHIELD. He is now their poster boy.

16. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

1. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    2. X-men Days of Future Past
    3. The Amazing Spider-man 2
    4. Captain America 2

^2014 movies I am most looking forward to, based on the previous movies

17. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Maleficent, with Angelina Jolie. It should be cool and fun

18. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    Captain America 2, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Godzilla and Guardians of the Galaxy are the only ones that I definitely will see in the cinema. I'm reserving judgement on Transformers 4 and X-Men: Days of Future Past until I see a trailer for both, but I'm not particularly excited for either. I have no interest at all in seeing The Amazing Spider-Man 2, because I didn't like the first one and I just don't really like Spider-Man in general any more.