2012 Funnies Awards: Best Effects

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Strarf, Feb 3, 2012.

?

Best Effects?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2012.
  1. The Toys Will Play

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Transforming the Unknown

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Ripoffs Anonymous

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. The Kingdom of Evan

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Transformers Homeworld

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Beyond Your Wildest Imagination

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  7. Time Shinki

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have to tell you what to do, do I?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Hold on, Pol didn't get a nomination. :confused: 

I guess I'll have to consider carefully who I'll vote for later. I'm leaving soon.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Crystal Convoy mentioned that he didn't get many nominations, so maybe that explains why nobody hasn't nominated Pol's Warring At Play.

Hmm... who should I vote for? Hmm...

I know, I vote for Toys At Play. Those effects Autobot Spike did are just... :bay 

4. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know I couldn't believe it either.

As soon as that nomination was sent in, I was like: "I know who I'm voting for."

5. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

KP:

Why didn't you nominate him, then, KP? :) 

We had some similar situations last time, where a highly notable contender didn't get nominated. I think, paradoxically, Pol is so well-known for effects that he didn't get nominated - everybody assumed somebody else had already done it.

Remember, these contests are not a thing handed down from some ivory tower, they're from our community, and we're all community members. If you want someone in the poll, please please please nominate that person!

6. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

The choice is clear for me. Hype1 has this unbelievable skill of giving each and every panel in his comic this dark atmosphere of which I have not seen the equal.
    From the eye glows, to the clever interactions with the speech bubbles, there's always a visual treat in his updates!
    Dude takes pride in his work.

And yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is indeed the pinnacle of my special effects. One of my favorite comics, too. I am continually honored to continually be nominated for such lofty awards!

7. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Heh, I don't mind at all not making the cut this year. Nice to see what other comic artists are doing without the emotional baggage of seeing them as competition.

Now... who to vote for...

8. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Man, there are some fantastic contenders this year! It was a tough decision, but I've cast my vote.

9. Lock Cade

And of course, we have to keep in mind that we're only doing this for fun, so there should be no hard feelings if nobody got nominated or didn't win.

10. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hype1 has the best effects. They look so perfect, especially in dark lighting.

11. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Had to vote for The Toys Will Play. I'd never actually read it so I had no idea I was missing such an awesome looking comic.

12. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

Thanks for the nomination and the votes! Awesome line up but I have to say I am just as surprised Pol didn't get a nomination. I was thinking about it and honestly I think nominations should run pretty much all year...hear me out with this, lol

So set up a thread or something for each category at the beginning of the year and just let readers put in their favorites as they see updates thru out the whole year. Then count them all up and pick the 10 with the most nominations as the ones that will be voted on for the actual category. Of course find a way to make it so you can only nominate a single given comic once.

I just think the nomination period is WAY too short. It's hard to keep up with so many comics even thru out the year. I am subscribed to nearly 50 comics and honestly, I do have to play catch up a lot of times with a lot of them...so if I've only stayed up to date with 5-6 the entire year, it's impossible to find the time to catch up with even half of the ones that are left.

lmbo, I have enough trouble keeping up with my own comic, lol. Just my thoughts, but I'm not volunteering to do ANY of the leg work for this, smh. Regardless, I enjoy the yearly awards if for nothing more than the review of so many comics from the past year.
    Maybe THAT is a thread that could be made - The Funnies Year In Review!

13. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    I considered it, but then made an update to my comic, which took my URL mining time & then some (& I knew where I put those). Plus, I wouldn't know which panels to nominate... Granted, this year hasn't updated as often. &, like everyone else, I figured someone w/ fewer limitations would've.

I'm also quite behind on the comics I subscribe to, due to not being online for a while... Think some I may be months behind on. :( 

A bit of forward thinking: in the off chance I ever get a nomination for anyting, I put where this year started in my Link Index (in my first post), to make it easier for people in the future to find posts (not that I really expect a nomination anytime soon).

14. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

This vote goes to The Toys Will Play. Man Autobot Spike, those effects are phenomenal.

Wait, I'm in the lead? :sly2:  Well, thanks to whoever nominated me and whoever's been voting for me. Though, I do wonder how it would've turned out if Pol had been nominated for this category.

15. Lock Cade

I'm sure if Pol got nominated, he would easily be the one everyone votes for.

16. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    Actually managed to vote. ^_^ Had to vote for Kingdom of Evan. Anyone who can do materialization effects like he does for those Shinkis the deservse the award.

17. Lock Cade

Congrats, ECR Former!

18. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I'm still not sure how I managed to beat The Toys Will Play, especially since no one who voted for me actually commented on just why they thought my effects were better than those of Autobot Spike or Hype1 or Purdue. Still, thank you for voting for me. Its an honor and I hope that everyone will continue to support me and the other vastly talented comic makers on this forum.

19. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Congrats, ECR Former! Well done.