Customs: 2012 Charity auctions and custom showcase

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by thielmj, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To interested customizers
    I’m currently work on doing a custom showcase month that I’m going to be reviewing several customs that will all be put online in july or august.

Sense I’ve enjoyed doing this project so much and I wanted to continue to do it again next year, but I felt like the customs could serve a better purpose than just adding to my collection. So as I’ve begun planning for next years and with next year, I will still be doing a review of each custom for the month giving general reviews and information on the customizers, but after the completion of the reviews showing the customizers work all, but one will be going to several charity auctions.

The charities I’ve select are each charities that have effected my life in the past. My family was effected very heavily when I was younger by a car accident. After which left my sister paralyzed and bed ridden. During her long months in the hospital the Ronald McDonald house gave my father and myself a place to stay close to the hospital my sister was in due to it being several hours form our home. Latter on the Make a wish granted her a wish. Because of these situations I’ve selected these two charities to do for the first auctions in the custom month and have selected themes that I believe will generate interest in the collectors community as well as relate to the causes in some way. The final theme is just something I felt would be fun for the customizers, viewers and myself.

Theme 1(days 1-10) Shattered glass- the auction will go to make a wish(putting pieces back together)

Theme 2( days 11-20) G2 Redux - Auction going to the Ronald McDonald house charity(ronald mcdonald and g2 made sense to me).
    This theme is the same as Botcon 2010, but also can include classic style RID characters like sky bite and sideburn are for FunPub

The theme 3(days 21-25) is going to be a originality contest/voting event-
    each customizer participating in this can do anything they want and think would be interesting and original, providing I can fund it or if it is donated .
    From there A review will be up each day for each custom, the more intricate the design the longer the review
    After all 5 reviews have aired a poll will be put up on either tfw2005 or procustomizers, for those who have watched the reviews to vote on the one they think is best/most original
    After the winner is picked that will be the one custom I will keep(mainly as a momento from the event).
    The designer of the winning custom will then be given a trophy as well the customs that were not victorious will go up for a final charity auction with the proceeds going to the charity of the winners choice in there name.
    If you have any interest in participating please let me know any of the following information.

Which theme(s) you would like to participate in.
    What customs you want to create
    What parts/transformers you will need to make them, I would like to help the customizers find parts if I can.
    Prices

Finally the amount of the proceeds going to the charities I would like to be 100 percent however due to the generally high cost of having custom work done, I don’t believe I can do that so I currently intend on having it be all the proceeds after I exceed at least half or 75 percent of the expenses of the custom work being done. This number will not include base figure cost. And is depended on how large of a project the 5 customizes wish to do for the contest portion. My hope is to be able to have as much as humanly possible go towards the three charities, would love to do 100 percent, but i also don't want those who compete in theme three to be doing original work complete free of charge.

Also any donated customs for the project would be much appreciated(would prefer if this was mainly themes 1 and 2), and the more that are just donated the more that will go directly to the charities, sense as of now, even though I want to do a full 25 its going to begin to get very costly.

2. thielmj

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    customizers/custom slots by theme
    shattered glass(4 remaining slots
    1)primo- shattered glass thunderwing(tenativily)
    2)Azdragon- sg Ricochet
    3)myself- arcee
    4)Hotwire- undecided
    5+6)Altitron -runabout/runamuck

G2 redux (8 remaining slots)
    1) azdragon- g2 dead end
    2)myself- G2 grimlock

Original work/ custom contest (3 remaining slots)
    Thyvypera- unannounced
    Rattrap- something beastwars oriented

zildjian- theme/figure unnanounced but sounds as though he will be entering something

more than enough room for anyone interested, only one i would like to know if someone is interested early about is theme 3 because i would like to provide many of the parts for this theme
    If for theme 3(or i guess anytheme) you wish to do a combiner, the review will be broken up into multiple pieces one for each figure then one for combined mode, possibly and extra if combining is very lengthy.
    Also if anyone wants to attempt something but doesn't have any character ideas i have alot of ideas of stuff that i'm considering attempting for to repaint for themes 1 and 2 and have just alot of ideas i think would be fun for theme 3

3. thielmj

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update with current status, and relating to a question i was asked.
    Shattered glass is starting to fill up so glad we're making some headway still hoping we can get some more in the other 2 themes but glad customizers are looking to help.Actually i'm happy to say none of the ideas i've considered have been used so they are all original and interesting(4 more slots left hopefully we'll see some more good ideas aswell)
    A reminder G2 redux can included, g2 characters, action masters, euro exclusive figures, and RID characters, or any idea you think would be what a character would have looked like in g2 (i have plenty of ideas for all themes)
    Also as much as i'm not trying to push on way or the other I'm really hoping to see some more for the original work theme, because i can't commision the trophy till i know whose going to be involved with that them, i don't want them making their own trophy it could be weird.
    The questions i've been asked so far:
    Also orginal works can relate to one of the other themes, if for an original work you wanted to do a sg predaking or g2 devy it could count as eithor theme, but its fully welcome i just need to know which charity auction its going towards, the one based on it theme or the contest.

Also i will be doing voting for the contest as poles on 2 different sites that i am a member of so the final numbers will be averages of both those sites so if you really like one make sure to vote on it on both sites.

Also if i have more interest in one theme than just the 10, because i'm not going to deprive someone of helping a charity though i would like the other themes filled before i do this i will open more spaces, specially sense sg is so popular, but customizers will have to be okay with sharing review days, and some of the reviews may get shorter because possibly 30 plus reviews and getting the auctions/pole/ ect may make wear on me alittle.

4. thielmj

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The contest trophy has been figured out for the most part, just need to fill the gaps in the roster but there is plenty of time for that.
    I would like to thank everyone again that is participating thus far.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just so you know, members can not use our forums to promote his./her own personal contests where exchanges of goods are involved. Members cannot ask, in any way, for money for donations. If you wants to review customs, that's fine.

If you wish to get people to donate money, or and if prizes are promised through here, or for contests run elsewhere, then you cannot promote it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.