2011 Razzies

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Deceptijohn, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    No surprise here, but the last airbender got brutalized by this year's razzies. It deserves all the vitriol it gets. I still can't believe such an amazing show got such a horrifying movie. Oh well at least we get some more avatar action this year with the spin-off/sequel!

I'm posting this link rather than a direct link to the razzie site, because this list is formatted better. Links to source in the article for those interested.

The Last Airbender Leads 2011 Razzie Award ‘Winners’ - Screen Rant

2. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Pretty sad they couldn't find a worse movie. Pure laziness IMO. TLA would probably rank in the top half of movies I saw from last year. Not that it was good or anything, but it wasn't bad, and there were tons of movies that weren't as good.

And I haven't seen much of the series, but I have sat down to watch the first few episodes after I saw the movie, and so far I'm not sure what fans of the show are complaining about as it's almost identical to the beginning of the movie (movie is shortened up for time obviously).

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Worst movie I've seen all year. And I saw The Room for the first time this year. But The Room was at least fun to watch. After watching The Last Airbender, I had to take a cold shower to wash away the regret and sadness.

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

Compression is acceptable, making the show's signature feature, Elemental Bending, look like total shit on the other hand is an unforgivable sin.

Casting actor's based on skill of presentation, fair enough thats how it works. Playing Katara, a character with great emotional range and inner fire, as if she were a love child of Keaunu Reeves and sock puppet is also not cool.

These are my two major complaints, the rest are just shit that bugs me. The Firebenders needing a source of fire (despite one of Iroh's big lessons being that it comes from the breath).

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm going to have to side with the Ain't It Cool News take on this year's Razzies. It just seems like a bunch of butthurt over getting a not-awesome movie. If The Last Airbender and Sex in the City 2 were the worst movies you saw last year, then pat yourself on the back because you missed some utter trash.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Isn't that all the Razzies ever was? Just a bunch of angry hipsters butthurt at hollywood in general.

7. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This +2.

9. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Gee, you make it sound like the Oscars or something.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The thing about Avatar: The Last Airbender is that it's a story that's close to impossible to fuck up movie-wise. The show itself is so well-written and characterized that all you'd need to do is cut out some sidetrack stories and maybe change a bit of dialogue here and there.

Shaymalan found a way to completely screw the pooch and turn it into an idiotic, incoherent, poorly acted and poorly written hour and 45 minute waste of time.

It's not like A:TLA has a cult following. It has a ton of fans, both young and old. The show deserves every hint of praise it gets while the movie deserves every bit of scorn and insult it gets.

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Even ignoring that it's an adaptation and the changes made, it is still an absolutely shit movie. Bad acting, bad writing, poor pacing, bad character motivations, dull camera work, poor narrating...It didn't have one good thing whatsoever. It really was the climax of Shyamalan's declining career. I disagreed with the 2009 Razzies (Legend of Chun-Li was FAR worse then RotF), but this year? It was ABSOLUTELY DESERVED.

12. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

The Razzies are not actually about the absolute worst movies of the year; it's always about what bad/mediocre movies were most popular. That's why ROTF won over the Chun Li movie. The Razzies don't care about really bad movies that nobody saw.

13. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    It boggles my mind how anyone can defend A:TLA. If you saw a worse movie than that last year you need to stop watching "Syfy original" movies.

14. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. The Last Airbender was just plain boring.

15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Funny that only bad Blockbusters get nominated for this "price" and win it. There are often much more bad movies out there, but they don't get nominated, because no one knows about them.

B-Movies, anyone? Or C-Movies? Or tv-movies?

16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The Razzies are for the mediocre to bad movies that recieved just as much advertisement and publicity as the good. Movies that made money. That's why you don't see B and C movies. Any why even bring up TV movies if this is about THEATRICAL releases....

If they don't care then why was Chun Li on the nomination list to begin with?

17. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Because even crapfests like Gulliver's Travels and Furry Vengance didn't evoke a big enough slam on how big of a disappointment A:TLA was for me. And I guess that's my issue. There may have been worse movies last year, but there were no bigger disappointments.

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This: one of the most epic fails to capitalize on the subject matter the movie is based on. It deserves every razzie it gets.

19. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Robert Pattinson wasn't bad in Rememebr Me...

... just sayin.

20. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    The Last Airbender was awful. That said, it's hard trying to make a movie that compares to the awesomeness of A:TLA