2011 Botcon Minicons Named

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by x BlackMagnus x, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Those are awesome! Although Leader-1's presence only reminds me that I'm still in need of him for my junker Armada Megatron (who is in great shape, he's just missing all the parts you can possibly loose!:lol ). At least I have the original Street action team in decent played-with condition.

Also, I love "DUCK-E". I can't tell if it's supposed to be a nod towards WALL-E, but I am pretty sure he's a reference to the infamous rubber ducky from Beast Wars.

Also, who is "Reachout"?

Transformers is ALWAYS about bringing in more children (even the movies), it's just that Animated was trying something new with the wacky proportions and all. However, the guys who were behind Animated were really big Transformers fans, and that's why there's been so many references and homages and cameos of numerous things and people from the franchise's history in the series. If you want your 'Formers to look more blocky ala G1 and A/E/C, that's perfectly fine, but Transformers as a brand must constantly reinvent itself if it is to keep going, and that means moving away from things already done, such as blockyness.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Oops fixed. Aaron Archer..I'm living in the past. lol

3. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

In the last panel of the BotCon comic, Oil Slick is shown looking a bit different than normal. He has larger gauntlets with a sort of double-barreled blaster on the back of the hands, connected by a hose to a tank of acid or something on his back. When asked about this on FormSpring, DJW said he got a sidecar upgrade like Prowl.

4. muffinhunter

5. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool.

6. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    I don't like the mini-cons.

However Oil Slicks upgrade is the kind Of thing that makes me sad we'll never get.

7. muffinhunter

All together now: third party. :)  If those guys are really making the Powermaster upgrade we saw in the Allspark Almanac, no reason they can't eventually do this as well. :) 

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
  9. muffinhunter

Yeah, I think scans of the BC comic would be frowned on here. Plus, I don't own a scanner. :) 

10. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In that case I won't post a link, but if anyone's curious it's on Tfwiki's page for The Stunticon Job. :thumbs2: