2011 Botcon box set value...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Jun 3, 2011.

1. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

This set did sell out quite fast initially.

I think animated is well loved and stunticons are well loved so the set should always hold value. It is also a wonderfully cohesive set and that tOo should ensure it's value.

I don't think the set is a bad investment as far as transformers go

2. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    considering how rapidly these sold out, and how many people i still hear wanting them, there's a chance that there demand will continue for a bit.

3. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

gonna agree withthis guy.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you wanna call it that, sure. I've been on the sidelines for years watching people make money off sets and figures like this, so I figure - why not try it myself? I've been in this game too long, may as well start making some money to help pay for it in the process.

It's not like I'm buying up all the local store stock or anything greasy like that. It's one set, already bought second hand. BBTS still has them if you want one.

I grabbed a clear protector today from BBTS as well - probably going to flip it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  5. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

You didn't follow TFs around the 90s, I take it? Around 1994, the TFs brand was a mess. G2 floundered and the brand was on the brink of disappearing. If you don't think BW rescued TFs, then you are kidding yourself.

As for the Unicron Trilogy, we're lucky that didn't sink the brand. It certainly didn't endear itself to fans. The show was terrible and a good portion of the toys were mediocre. I will admit that the Bay movies' success has reinvorigated the brand. Probably far more than anything Animated did.

6. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz I LIVE

News Credits:
    If anyone gets one of these and doesnt like it message me so we can talk price

7. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I believe the fact that this year's set is TFA-based is why it won't be going for insane prices in the years to come. Let's face it - Even a TFA fan doesn't need this set to complete their collection. They can live without it.

On the other hand, those Autotrooper 3-packs are gonna be hot-property... :lol 

8. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    I think the attending figures will hold more value than the actual Botcon set. Maybe not all of them, but a few.

As far as the OP, I used to try and do the same, but then I met a lot of cool people who were willing to help other fans out. I figured I could do the same every so often. Besides, all the stuff in my collection worth money, I have no intention of selling.

That being said, I have and will sell items at market value so I do not see anything wrong with trying to flip something.

9. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I have been around Transformers since the start in 1984 but all BW did was add another line to the brand and another way for Hasbro to make $$ selling toys to kids. That is what most of the fandom just does not get, the $$ is in selling toys to children, the fans are just a bonus. They will reboot time and time again to sell more toys to KIDS. The movie was inevitable since G1 was so popular, BW had nothing to do with it but provide another way for them to make $$ off the line.

Animated died because Hasbro knew that a reboot makes them more $$ and Prime is more movie like figures that kids will recognize. Bays movies made Transformers more successful then they could ever dream. Without the movies there would probably never had been an Animated series or Prime.

10. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    Let's see if they mass release them in a year or two. I hope not, they're too many people who shell out lots of $$$$ for these exclusives. I would like some of my Botcon Exclusives to hold some value.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see it getting crazy high, the souvenir and gift figures are where the money is at this year.