2011 Awards - Best Photography/Artwork Nominations

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Autobus Prime, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Ladies and gentlemechs:

It's nomination time, get the picture? What are photocomics made of, if it isn't photography, and there is some fantastic camera work done here. I know you've all got favorites, so now let's collect them for a vote!

...but photography isn't all there is. What about the drawn artwork? We don't want to leave that out, but we can't really compare the two directly, either.

So what I'm going to do is collect nominations for both, and make two polls - one for photography, the other for drawn art. I think that's the best way to present...the big picture.

:cool: 

And now, the rules...

- No self nominations
    - The comic material being nominated MUST be from 2011
    - Send the nominations via PM

Please title your PMs "2011 Best Photography Nomination" or "2011 Best Artwork Nomination" or something similar to that, and include the following in the body of the PM:

- Title of the comic
    - Name of the comic creator
    - Provide awesome image links. (Hit the QUOTE button, copy-paste everything between the tags)

- It is very important for the images to be incredibly awesome.

(It would also be good to tell me what post number in the thread, in case I want to grab an extra image or two.)

I've cleared out my inbox, so feel free to nominate more than one!

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Nomination sent. :) 

3. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

You can reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally tell that Autobus is having a blast writing these nomination intro speeches ^^

Bet he's having even more of a blast looking at the pics he request to be "awesome" xD

4. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

Sent a couple nominations! Woohoo!

5. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    That is a fantastic idea! In past years, some rather grainy images with interesting special FX have been nominated in this category simply because they have special FX. Taking crisp, interesting pictures is a skill unto itself, and I'm glad to see it having a chance to be recognized this year!

6. Autobus Prime

Ladies and gentlemechs! As of right now, there is an automatic winner for photography and all of two nominations for drawn art! This situation cannot be allowed to stand! What kind of poll is it, when you can't choose a candidate you really want...and unless your favorite is in there, how do you know you'll have anything to vote for?

We're so keen on nominations right now, that for a limited time of one Planck time, the first to nominate will automatically get to see their nominations in the poll! That's right! It sounds great, doesn't it?

Don't stop and think about it, get those PM's in, folks!

Right! Great FX are covered in the FX contest, as well as the Best Panel and Best Fight contest, to varying degrees. This is the contest for the people with the coolest composition, the sketchiest sketches, and the Dutchest angles...basic photography and basic artwork. There will be some blurred lines, of course, but if there's any question - nominate anyway, better to err on the side of safety!

7. Lock Cade

Sent in a second nomination, will try and send in a couple more. :) 

8. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Nominations sent

9. Autobus Prime

Thanks, everyone! The poll's now up to 5 for photography and 2 for drawn artwork, but we need a lot more than that, and I know they're out there! Only two days left, so PM those nominations today!

10. Lock Cade

Bumping this back up onto the first page.

C'mon, guys. Today's the last day to send your nominations to Autobus Prime.

11. Autobus Prime

Still 5 for photog. and 2 for drawn! If ya got more, don't wait! Digitally drawn counts too, as long as it's the base art, not primarily FX.