2010 Unicron Teeth Trading?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by karaokeninja, Nov 8, 2010.

1. karaokeninja

karaokeninja Well-Known Member

Hey, what's happening, everybody? So, I was just rocking out to some Spectre General, and I decided nothing was gonna stand in my way. Not tonight.

See, my 2010 Unicron warms the cockles of my heart... but apparently, like many of y'all out there, mine was afflicted with identical dental...itis. In other words, the damn teeth are the exact same, so instead of smoothly meshing, they gnash. My solution? Well, I honestly just swapped 'em with the grey teeth on my Armada Unicron (who's now rather sadly moth-balled).

But then it occurred to me: if *lots* of people are having this problem, then surely, SOMEONE out there has an extra one of the doors *I* need (and vice versa, of course!). So, anyone interested in trading?? Disassembly is real easy, and the parts are flat enough to wrap in some bubble wrap or even paper towel and awkwardly stuff into a envelope. Boom... problem solved!

Just take a look at the image below of my teeth/doors (remember, I swapped 'em...so that's why they're currently mounted in Armada planet shells/wings). If you have the opposite set, just PM me! And, by all means, if y'all dig this idea, post pics of *your* identical teeth and let's all get a-tradin'!

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I was unaware that this was a common problem.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
  4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Now I'm just imagining them trading their prosthetic teeth... o_O 

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If it's a case of most everyone having the same side be a duplicate then probably be worth hitting up someone that makes repro parts and see if they'll add these to their parts list. Very simple part to make repros of I'd bet. Perhaps better supplied as a set of two so the plastic colour of both teeth parts matches.

6. karaokeninja

Oh damn...I just caught up with the main Unicron thread. *Everyone* with this problem has the SAME 3-tooth problem!? Haha...crazy!

Well, I went ahead and e-mailed RobotKingdom (where I ordered Unicron from). They replied back promptly asking for a photograph of the problem. That's encouraging! I'll zap 'em a pic and post any feedback I get from them.

Again, I won't die if they don't come through. I like the gimmick--certainly more than the light-up hand or the chest missile--but I don't mind sticking with my salvaged Armada Unicron doors...

Now...what I'd *really* kill for is a stand for planet mode that doesn't blow...

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine doesn't have that problem:rock 

[​IMG]

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Regarding a stand, I've seen some Gundam stands that have been used for FP Defender in chopper mode. Anyone have luck with those and Unicron?

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That ain't happening. The Action Base stands aren't designed to hold something with as much weight as Unicron. And they certainly don't come with a clip capable of securing him.

That said, if you were to link four of the bases together, you could probably arrange the arms in a way that's capable of supporting him without too much trouble. It wouldn't exactly be pretty, though.

10. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

shouldn't takara send out a set to those with the problem? Is there any reason why they wouldn't?

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about that old Unicron.com display stand?

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's what I thought. I had the Armada version on the Unicron.com stand and the main bar snapped on me. It had a second bar that served as a spare, but I'm not risking the 2010 version on it.

13. karaokeninja

The Unicron.com stand sucks.

14. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    If anyone ever has 2 of the 4teeth parts, I hereby claim dibs!

15. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was trying to decide which Unicron to open up and display. The black Energon one or the 2010 version. Now it looks like this teeth problem has made my decision.

16. karaokeninja

Well not everyone has the teeth problem, so make sure you check before.