2010 Unicron and Primus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaiwera05, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Are they worth getting over the Cybertron Primus and the Armada Unicron? I know they look cooler and everything, but that's really the extent of the differences that I've noticed. I'm not an avid collector or anything, but I do want some form of Unicron and Primus, so input on which ones are better is appreciated! :D 

2. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unicron - DEFINITELY worth it, but he's getting harder to find, so if you are on the fence, I suggest you find one quickly.

Primus - Don't know. I have the 2010 version, but never owned the Cybertron one so I can't really direct you there

3. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron = 100% worth it. It slays the Armada/Universe release.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^

Same... never had the other Primus but the 2010 versions are amazing.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Unicron is amazing! Definately get him, you won't be disappointed. Primus isn't really worth it IMO. He's just a straight repaint, even if a better one, it wouldn't be worth spending almost double, unless you have alot of money.

6. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    yeah i'm probably gonna gift one to myself for finishing my first year at college and it seems like Unicron is the one to get.

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went with Primus, 50% because of the deco, 50% to go against the current. Despite the QC problems I had to deal with, it's gorgeous in person. Another plus is now I have a planet Cybertron!

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

2010 Unicron looks more G1-accurate as far as the paint-job goes, so I would definitely go for him.

2010 Primus... I'm not sure about him, if he's worth it or not. I own the Cybertron Primus, so I'm really not looking into getting the 2010 repaint of him.

9. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Stick with cybertron primus the 2010 isn't worth the money for some grey and blue paint.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I am planning to buy a Primus soon, hoping to get the cybertron version to save some cash but may end up going with the 2010 version due to lack of other available options as i do not use ebay.

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ebay's got an open but complete Cybertron Primus but it's $80. If you can find 2010 version for around $100 I'd go with that.

EDIT: Aargh!!!! I meant BBTS not Ebay.

12. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

The 2010 Unicron is much nicer than the previous releases. I want to echo that if you want to avoid a heavy mark-up then I would buy NOW. Stock is dwindling and secondary market prices are beginning to rise.

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I LOVE my 2010 Unicron. Primus... Well... I don't own him. I have the Cybertron release and I'm happy with it. But I think I'll get the 2010 version too and do some part swapping.

14. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I grabbed Primus because I never had the Cybertron Ver. so that was a definate buy, I had the armada Unicron, but caved in and bought the 2010 ver. too.

15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I don't have any version of Primus (probably should have bought one of the glut of them sitting on the Walmart shelf about 18 months ago), but I picked up the 2010 Unicron about two weeks ago and it is an amazing retool/deco. It puts the Armada one to shame. I could have gone without the clear hand, but the paint scheme really improves the mold. As others have said, get it before it completely dries up, cause this thing is going to start going up in price in a hurry.

16. decor1

decor1 Hey, take it easy!

I'm not an avid collector either, so I went with Armada Unicron (this was before 2010 Unicron existed). I'm repainting him to look like a G1 Unicron, so I feel it's a $50 well spent and wouldn't splurge to get a 2010 Unicron to replace it. I am more than happy with him. It all comes down to your personal preference. I'm on a budget, so when a figure comes out that has a Hasbro version and a Takara version, I tend to go with the Hasbro version to save money. Also, I like to add paint apps to figures that are lacking paint, so if you're not willing to do that, maybe getting Takara versions are more your style.

17. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Point of note: Unicron sold out long ago, where as BBTS still has in-stock, over 200 of the Primus toy.

18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I own all of the versions of each (besides the Lucky Draw green Unicron).

Unicron is definitely worth it as he has a new head and G1 color scheme.

Primus has a beautiful planet mode and very nice looking robot mode. He's definitely a big improvement, but as to whether he's worth it if you have the Cybertron figure, I'd say he's only worth it if you really like the figure and want a version of it with an extremely nice deco.

Randy

19. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you don't have a Unicron, go with the 2010 release. I already have the Armada release so there was no way I'd buy the same toy (even though it looks so much better) twice.

As far as Primus goes, the Cybertron release is good enough for me. The newer Primus would be awesome if it had black hands instead of blue.Someone in the Primus feedback thread swapped the hands/ black bits on Cybertron Primus with the blue hands on 2010 Primus and it looks much better imo.

20. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Optibotimus brought up the parts swapping in his video review. A degree of swapping does make a difference, but it's a shame you need to buy 2 Primuses to do it. I was lucky enough to score a cheap Primus (with, importantly, rubber spires in tact) on ebay several months ago.

I left the hands blue to create a "bluish parts are robot, black/grey are planet" dichotomy. I also left the pauldrons droopy and legs untransformers to further minimic Don Figueroa's art.

[​IMG]