2010 TF Annual

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Gingerchris, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Half-considered posting this as news, but I did the same for the Animated annual last year and didn't get a single reply.
    Spotted these in WHSmiths yesterday. It's BayFormers-based this time (obviously). Got some nice pictures of the Fallen in it but for the most part it's very kiddie. I wish for the good old days when TF annuals weren't seemingly aimed at six year olds.

Anybody still buy the annuals? Some American people I talk to don't understand what they are. Are annuals not something that comes out Stateside? Maybe that's why I didn't get any replies to my thread last year: some apparently simple UK book just isn't that interesting or important outside Blighty. I remember annuals being a must-have part of any British kid's Christmas wants back when I was a nipper. Dunno if that's still the case. As it is, now I generally just wait until New Year when they get discounted. WHSmiths wanted something like £7.99 for this year's annual. I saw them somewhere else for £6 but I'm buggered if I can remember where. Might've been Tescos.

And since I'm here I also spotted ROTF chocolate advent calendars in The 99p Store and Poundworld.

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    I always get the Doctor Who Annuals but I've never got any TF ones

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    post a pic dude, i wanna see what you're talking about...

and most annuals are now connected to the larger stories...supergirl just had an annual that gave some background on the superwoman arc that ended a few months ago, and setup some cool stuff for the next year...

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It might help if you explain what annuals are, as, you noted, they don't seem to exist outside of the UK.

5. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I haven't picked up this year's yet but they're basically an A4-sized hardcover book that comes out once a year near Christmas for various telly shows, toylines, comics and films. Pretty much anything popular really. They're not really anything special, but for people like me they're just a tradition since as long as I can remember. :) 

Revenge of the Fallen Annual 2010 (Transformers 2): Amazon.co.uk: Books

Marvel UK once did that to end a Galvatron arc. I remember at the time many people being kinda pissed off they had to buy the annual to get the end of the story. But then most kids would've been asking their parents for the book anyway. :) 

I grab the Doctor Who ones for my girlfriend. I've also been picking her up old ones from car boot sales. Also picked up an old Gobots and a Terrahawks one a while back. :) 

6. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember that story.

I use to get the annuals when I was a kid but they have all vanished since then :( 

7. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Sadness. Take a poke around car boot sales maybe - a few months ago someone at one here had the first six for sale. If I hadn't already got them I'd have nabbed them. Hmm... maybe I should've picked them up anyway. Just looking there's quite a few of the old ones on ebay if you ever fancied dipping back into them. Some people are asking daft prices but there's also ones for less than a quid.

8. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have all the old annuals, I loved them and still do. The ones released over the last three years though have been utter crap. Just a load of pictures and puzzles to simple for even a young child to get any entertainment out of. When I was a kid I got the annuals for the story anyway, if I wanted puzzles id have gotten a puzzle book. As I love my old TF annual collection so much I cant help but keep adding to it which is stupid really as they are so rubbish I really shouldnt buy them. No effort seems to go into them what so ever.