2010 Predacons/Predaking

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by GogDog, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mines finally hit to where you can't make changes so hopefully it will ship today I hope so I can have mine around friday.

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You always wanna have the last word do you? ;) 

(kinda reminds me of David Caruso in CSI: Miami Lolz)

3. jbilly

jbilly Member

So I just got my Predaking and he's awesome,

It looks like the gold isn't gps gold

however,

the grey plastic for predaking's feet/hands/etc...

plus the orange and red plastic on all the predacons, has metallic swirls in them like gps plastic does

will this cause them to crumble like gps plastic, or is it just the gold type of metallic plastic that crumbles

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So far I havn't heard of any issues with the silver and other colors crumbling. Only gold-tones (gold, copper, bronze, that range of colors) seems to experience this issue.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's no GPS issues with... gold paint. Razorclaw's head is the bare color plastic of the parts with gold paint on them, and it's a safe color.

As for the color of the feet and hands, it's never been a problem. G1 Prime's trailer and the Dinobots are still doing great. They're pretty similar.

The orange and red? No idea. They should be fine, though.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got mine today, which makes it the third time i've owned Predaking (I brought the original reissue twice).

[​IMG]

Comparing the two.... I like the paint on this one better. However, the joints are rock solid, you really gotta push to pull arms/fists out. However, after a couple of Transformations it started to loosen up, which is good.

My only complaints are

Rampage
    - His beast tail and left foot are super loose

Combining
    I had the same problem with the previous reissue but its really HARD to plug headstrong into the right leg position, whereas Tantrum just plugs in super easy to either port.

Stickers

Those eye stickers, to quote the Sopranos, "fuggedaboutit"
    I only managed to apply Razorclaws and Divebombs before giving up lol. Divebomb was a bitch!:bay 

[​IMG]

Worth the money, no paint chipping and I'm not sure where all the GPS talk came from but this guy doesn't have that problem. You wanna see GPS, Check out Black Zarak and Killbison!

7. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Damn, that box makes me want to buy it again!!!

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Got my Predaking. First time I've so much as seen these molds in person.

Few problems right away. After the first transformation, Razorclaw's golden upper legs are showing tons of scratches where the black lower legs fold up and cover them.

Tantrum's shoulder stickers are peeling, fresh from the box. They're the kind that has a plastic overlay. The overlay is red, the bottom is silver. So I've got to fix this. I just don't know how to yet. I might just settle for tape.

Both Rampage and Razorclaw's tails are extremely loose, to the point that I'm just not comfortable displaying them in robot mode, if you know what I mean. This frustrates the hell out of me.

I do have paint chipping, on Razorclaw's lion head, and Headstrong's chest. Luckily it's really hard to see because of the plastic color underneath.

Other than that, it's a very solid set with absolutely no other problems that I can find. I especially like the unique shade of gold that's on Headstrong's back.

The only eye stickers I put on were Razorclaw's beast head's eye stickers. I was going to put his robot mode eye stickers on because I thought they were the same gold as his face plate. His eyes look like they're green instead, so I think I'll hold off.

9. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

I totally agree on the eye stickers, only applied Razorclaw's. The others I left alone, as well as Divebomb's wing stickers, not going to attempt them anytime soon. I'm so glad that this is my 1st Predaking, probably my last transformer for 2010, unless I can find the PCC Dinobots. If not, the king will definitely go out with a bang for this year. So tempted to buy another set and keeping it sealed.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Divebomb's wing stickers actually weren't hard, and they didn't take that long for me.

Razorclaw's mane stickers were the troublesome ones.

11. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    Well, I got the first QC issue, my rampage was missing a spring in its robot leg, so one of the leg wont click like the other one....

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I fixed one of the 2 QC issues on my Predaking set.

Some nail polish and Rampages foot is now fixed:thumbs2: 

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

Now... how do I get into the waist area to fix his tail?

[​IMG]

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only really the ones that have to tuck behind his ears for me, and only just slightly.

I've got a set of tweezers from applying decals to Gundam models, so those certainly help getting smaller stickers into tight areas, so I didn't really have any trouble at all.

Yeah, the clear overlay on one my Tantrum's shoulder stickers is peeling a tiny bit at the edge. I'll have to stick that down somehow. Otherwise, great set. No real QC issues for me. Tight joints all around (almost too much so for Razorclaw's shoulders), and I haven't noticed any scratched paint after a few transformations back and forth.

14. Me Grimlock

Me Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've got to get one of these, the gold looks really nice!

15. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    anybody happen to have a pic of how the CrazyDevy head looks on this?

16. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    Not too keen on the gold but still glad they reissued the King for all to enjoy.

17. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Well after having mine sitting in the local post depot for over a week due to the crazy snow in the UK, I finally got my hands on it last night.

I have never had any version of the predacons before but I always wanted them as a kid which is the main reason for buying them this time around.

They are huge !!!

I never knew just how badly the dwarfed the other gestalts from G1. They make stunticons, combaticons, protectobots, constructicons, technobots, aerialbots and the others seem tiny in comparison.

And they are heavy !!!

But I suppose thats all the metal in their construction.

I had almost forgotten how bricky the old stuff was... we are spoiled these days with better engineering and more inventive designers but these predacons are still lovely.

Just need to find some space to display predaking now :) 

18. DamienK

DamienK Active Member

Has anyone ever seen or heard of any diecast version of Headstrong missing the hole for the foot in beast mode and just having an empty square? Mine came that way and its not really that big of a deal since it'll be displayed as Predaking.

[​IMG]

19. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What a beautiful piece. Even the box oozes class.

With the price the only sensible thing to do was cancel the pre-order...plus, I don't usually go for the huge pieces anyway...still, jealous of you guys who could get it. :D 

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Huh?

I saw it as exactly the opposite. The price is only going to go up, and they probably won't reissue predaking again for a long time, if ever. If I was going to get him, it had to be now, or never.