2010 Camaro now available for preorder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Santoanderson, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Hey all, I assume this is Transformers relevant, since Bumblebee introduced the model. So this morning I got a notice in my e-mail inbox saying the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro is up for order. Here's the e-mail I received, (with some parts changed for privacy's sake.)

Here is the link to the preorder page:
    Chevrolet Camaro| 2010 Chevy Camaro Convertible & Coupe

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    2010 Camaro

So, I just ordered my 2010 Camaro today (first day of ordering). Anyone else take the plunge?

3. BJT!

BJT! Well-Known Member

Ehh... That way cheaper then I would have expected...

4. Primus

News Credits:
    Yeah, I just started a thread about this in GD. I placed an order this morning.

5. BJT!

BJT! Well-Known Member

I want, I want!

But.. I cannot afford on a college budget! Haha.

Congrats, however!

6. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Got my email this morning as well. Unfortunately, total bot transformation was a feature that didn't make it into the production model... so I will pass.

7. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been waiting for this! A brand new car is my graduation present probably to my self. I was suppose receive one after I finished my B.S. in '06 and now that I finished M.S. in '08 its definitely going to be mine. There have been other cars I like but I waited patiently for this one.

8. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i cannot afford that either..I'd probably go take it for a test drive once the dealer down the road gets them!

Congrats d00de!

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    The new Camaro is cool but I'd rather get the new Challenger... too bad it has a $30,000 mark up here.

10. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Is anyone actually going to get a V6? I mean it does have 300hp standard for only $22K, but a V6 Camaro?

11. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Hell yeah! i wouldn't personally but have you actually seen the amount of v6 Mustangs out there?? It'll probably sell more than the v8.

12. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OUCH. A buddy of mine just bought a new Impala two months ago because this was nowhere in sight of being released. He's gonna be pissed. But being the smug bastard he is he might still go for it. Maybe I can get a fairly used Impala out of it.

13. Primus

News Credits:
    This is funny. I remember back in 1998 I owned a 1994 V6 Camaro. After I bought that I told myself I would never buy a V6 camaro again. Since then I've owned a number of cars, including two Pontiac Firehawks, a 2004 mustang GT, 2006 Pontiac Solstice, etc.

That having been said, I ordered a 2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT RS. Yes, a V6 Camaro. I'm not even sure they should be calling this car a Chevy. I honestly think they could have called it a Cadillac. This is such a different car from previous Camaros it's hard to compare them.

I mean, look at this and tell me it doesn't appear to be a quality product.

Jay Leno's Garage

14. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

Great ! ...

Now I just need to turn 18, and pay for the Camaro, and then pay 150% to get it into Denmark ... where it eventually will rust due to our climate ...
    :banghead: 

15. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Meh, the Camaros are nice, but I still like the look of the Challenger more.

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. I would perfer the Dodge Challenger myself. I've owned number of Chryslers during my life.

17. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i want one sooooo bad, but right now i can't afford it. but once i get my new job and move to (insert new home location here not exactly i'll end up in the next year....) i am defanetly getting one! my wife was like, your getting the 4 door so u can fit the kids in the back, right? i said heck no! they have never made a 4 door camero. but i'm probebly going to get the LT1 RS. i have no intention of getting a v8 minly because i have no intention of dogging it, i'm not buying it because of the speed, i'm buying it cause it's a camero/bumblebee!!!!!!

only question, what's "TAPshift"? is it like being able to manually shift an automatic?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  18. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Seriously? Find a new dealership, they can be had for below MSRP. But I definitely agree, the Challenger blows the Camaro away (yes I know the Camaro has more HP, but it doesn't look nearly as good. Not that it looks bad.)

19. gil

gil Godmaster

The reason why Mustangs are still around is because of the number of V6s that sell. I have a 95 V6 Mustang. I just couldn't afford a v8 at the time. So I settled for the V6. All 145 HP of it. I still own it, and it's still my main ride. And I vowed never to buy a V8 down the line.

Anyway, 2010, the 95 will turn 15 years old, and I hope I can retire it at my terms (not the car's terms, like it deciding to die on me), so I'll buy something else. But the V6s seems like better deals now. I don't race, but I want a ponycar. So, looks like a 2010 V6 Camaro in my future. But, I am a Mustang guy, so I'll see what Ford ends up with in 2010.

20. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

Yeah, I guess their excuse was because demand is so high. I wasn't even serious about getting the car myself. I just accompanied a friend and his dad as they were the ones car shopping.

The sales man tried so hard to sell me the car too. I just told him why I would buy it now for such a ridiculous price when i can just wait a while and get it for retail... he didn't really have a response.