2009 Botcons removed from eBay by fun publications

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by GenZhao, Mar 20, 2009.

1. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    Ok I guess this is news, I cant think of where else to post it.

But my 2009 botcon listings on eBay were removed by fun publications while I was sleeping last night.

Funny though, only mine were removed, how come they didnt get eBay to remove the other sellers who are selling the new botcon jets?

Will they be getting all 2009 botcon items removed? Do I just have to change my listing title and description so its the same as the other guys (one of whom stole my picture for leozack, the fucking bitch)

Why havent they removed the others by now? does ebay take the weekend off?

Dear yayabeee,

You recently listed the following listing:

280324148636 - BOTCON STARSCREAM REPAINT TRANSFORMERS 2009 GREEN
    280324167668 - BOTCON STARSCREAM REPAINT TRANSFORMERS 2009 BLUE WHITE

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

The rights owner, Fun Publications, Inc., notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

A listing or item may violate intellectual property rights if the seller:
    - Uses a manufacturer's photo or item description
    - Lists a counterfeit or fake item
    - Lists illegal copies of media such as music, movies, computer programs, and video games.

For more information on this eBay policy, please visit:

How eBay Protects Intellectual Property (VeRO)

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:

eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.We encourage you to contact Fun Publications, Inc. directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: savagebm@aol.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page:

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:

Why eBay May Remove Your Listing

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. We rely on reports from our members to help maintain the safety and security of our Community. We encourage you to report any items by using the REPORT THIS ITEM button on the listing so we can quickly remove any other items that should be removed.

Your listing(s) may be eligible for relisting through My eBay. If your listing is eligible, you will see the listing in your Unsold Items page within My eBay. Listings that are not eligible for relisting will not be visible in the Unsold Items page.

To relist your item, sign in to eBay, go to My eBay to your Unsold items, and select the item that was canceled -- it's highlighted with a yellow banner. Before relisting, please make any changes necessary to ensure that your revised listing is in compliance with the law and eBay policies. You might want to check your other listings for similar violations as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H5265

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Give em time dude the others will come down, chances are you can sell em here on the boards thou. Or the other sellers reported you, I had this happen to me last year when I tried to sell my boxset early mine and several others auctions were shutdown over and over but one seller had several of them listed and nothing happened to his auctions. Hang on to the until botcon ends and then the price is gonna go up :p 

3. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

Its probubly for the best. Don't need scalpers buying up multiple BotCon sets and selling them off real quick.

4. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Might just be that FunPub has eyes checking ebay all the time. TF fans can be quite the ebay whistle blowers if they're set on it. The forums members over at tfcc are probably on the lookout for pre-botcon stuff. I wonder how much stolen chinese toys affect the numbers FunPub sets out for their sets

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    FunPub did this last year as well.

They are FAR more vigilant than Hasbro in getting auctions removed.

6. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    pm sent to you...

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering this myself

8. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    i would say zero...because even if place a order for X amount of units...there are going to be extras made for either testshots...or extras ran off by workers...these "extras" have no way of it being argued they are stolen or not...they could simply be extras made by factory workers to sell for $$$...

9. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

ya, I bet they make/order wayyyy too many BOTCON box-sets to sell, they always have extras left over after the party to sell on collectorsclub.com or the like.

I think its wierd that the Deception set of thrust thunder and dirge is the only sold out set evar. heh. maybe Im wrong, but that was the killer set to get.

I bet an individual funpub person doesnt have an ebay bidding name/account per-say to email the "REPORT THIS ITEM" link hahahah. maybe they do, but I doubt it. You think they have a name in the REPORT department that he can actually CALL AND TALK TO ON THE PHONE PROBLY. Nah, I doubt it, cause Ebay is so locked up, I bet they have to use Email and 24hr help to get the answeres they need too hahahahha. Until they send them a subpoena. Hahahaha, oh the almighty dollar.

I doubt they even check ebay cause they got lil fan-punks and "numba une fanz" to do their dirty work for them. Hahahaha, they dont even HAVE to work at it, all you true fans bust out each other! all funpub does is sit back and laugh at ya, and think about what kind of crazy concoction of overppriced clear yellow plastic they will make next year lulz. And give you just enough, but not too much, and make it seem like you are getting a rally good ecperience, when in reality, youre a dork, waiting in line for this toy, only to be told some bs reason to come back later, and when the ridiculous drama ends, youre still a dork with a 2 dollar toy, that hasbro still owns, and you cant sell. becuase its trademark infringement. but hey, thats Transformers. You think its great one way, then it totally transforms into something else. I get it now. I really do. ahahhahahahah.

10. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    :wtf:  stay off what ever you are on...

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, which ones did you have? All I've ever seen are the jets... If FP has the jets removed, that means they're admitting to them being Botcon exclusives.

Chris

12. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Funpub look at this site and I think the fact you post early reviews (which I like BTW) probably doesnt go down to well and thats why they hit you first, the others will suffer the same fate as they did it last year :)  dont worry too much I'm sure demand wont dip and you can still get rid of them at some point.

13. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Either FP decided to search for Botcon items or someone reported them. Since only you were targeted the latter seems more likely. Have any enemies? Any of the other sellers?

BTW, what was the reason for the takedown?

14. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Drunk posting strikes again!!!!:drunk 

15. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Ya but in a nutshell's head, it makes perfect sense.

And ill be the first to admit im an idiot. So everything I say is really retarded.

16. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    It would seem as though my account was actually targeted by fun publications as none of the other listings have been removed... strange...

17. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    Dear yayabeee,

You recently listed the following listing:

280324148636 - BOTCON STARSCREAM REPAINT TRANSFORMERS 2009 GREEN
    280324167668 - BOTCON STARSCREAM REPAINT TRANSFORMERS 2009 BLUE WHITE

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

The rights owner, Fun Publications, Inc., notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

A listing or item may violate intellectual property rights if the seller:
    - Uses a manufacturer's photo or item description
    - Lists a counterfeit or fake item
    - Lists illegal copies of media such as music, movies, computer programs, and video games.

For more information on this eBay policy, please visit:

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:

eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.We encourage you to contact Fun Publications, Inc. directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: savagebm@aol.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page:

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:

Why eBay May Remove Your Listing

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. We rely on reports from our members to help maintain the safety and security of our Community. We encourage you to report any items by using the REPORT THIS ITEM button on the listing so we can quickly remove any other items that should be removed.

Your listing(s) may be eligible for relisting through My eBay. If your listing is eligible, you will see the listing in your Unsold Items page within My eBay. Listings that are not eligible for relisting will not be visible in the Unsold Items page.

To relist your item, sign in to eBay, go to My eBay to your Unsold items, and select the item that was canceled -- it's highlighted with a yellow banner. Before relisting, please make any changes necessary to ensure that your revised listing is in compliance with the law and eBay policies. You might want to check your other listings for similar violations as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H5265

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    that blows. So many haters on ebay. WTF, let people just sell their stuff. You'd think ebay would let you sell anything after the cuts they take for themselves....

19. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    funny that they were not piling on the smack down last year when 100's of alpha trions were on the bay......

20. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    it's usually 1 or 2 people who have an itch to go attack other people's auctions out of greed. I constantly have to deal with ebay's customer support and hasbro's legal with my auctions because people actually go out of their way to try and hinder auctions that aren't benefiting themselves.