2008 Botcon Location Rumors and Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by gen1fan, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As some of you know I went to the Joe Con this weekend in Atlanta, GA. For starts dealer floor was 1/3 of the space of what Botcon was this year, And no where the turn out that we have for the last 2 botcon.

I was able to talk to 3 different staff members that I know personal. Every tho I could not get the dates or city location. I was able to get the section of the country or state if want to say.

1st one I talk to told me that he was being keep out of the loop cause he released to much information about the 2007 botcon. But he know 100% IT IS NOT WEST OF THE ROOKIES. Cost of the show would be to great and too many dealers wrote that they would not attend a show on the west coast. Plus No hotel will give them the 129.00 hotel rate.

2nd and 3rd staff member I talk to basicly said the same thing about a show on the west coast. Both askedme where do I want the show? I reply with it does not matter to me cause I will go not matter where it is made just not as a dealer if the driver is more than 8 or 9 hours. Then I was ask how long did it take me to get to Atlanta, I said just under 9 hours. The Reply to that was " youwould not driver any more IF the show was father south? Neither of them would conform that Flordia was the hosting state. But I do not know of anything other state that is south of atlanta other then them having it in Savannah, GA. BUt not sure if that city could host the con. One last thing was do not get upset if we do not hear anything until allmost thanksgiving time frame as there are more detail to work out for the con. Also the spring time table is not 100% set in stone either.

PLEASE NOT REPLY ABOUT WHY NOT IN MY CITY/ TOWN / BACKYARD. THERE ARE OTHER TREADS ALREADY STARTED FOR THAT.

QUOTE=SwineTrekkie;1633761]Okay...I'm going to try to summarize this....gen1fan, please reply and correct any mistakes...

-The convention will not be west of the Rocky Mountains (no west coast) ***Correct***
    -The hotel rate of approx. $129.00 is a deciding factor in where the convention will be held. *** Not sure on that, All he told me was none of the hotels would go that cheap on hotel rooms for a con. I know from what I have seen on the boards some people do not to pay 129. a night for a room well at BOTCON***
    -The 2nd and 3rd person said that you would not have to drive any further South than Atlanta (this one is confusing since you mention the possiblity of Florida)
    ***I have reword that, For me 9 hours is the max I want to drive, since I'm in Va Beach. WE made it to Atlanta in just under 9 hours. The way he said it to me was if the show was further south you would not go***
    -Spring timeframe is not set in stone. *** it's an idea but with the turnout from last show they want as many people to come as possible, MAy is a spring month but College is breaking out, and it's easyier for people to get the time off, vis summer months****
    -Do no expect more info until around Thanksgiving. *** For all major detail information. We could get the location dates and city next month Maybe, but hotel information could be held well they would out the details wiht the hotel

Is that all correct?[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  2. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I can handle Florida, we shall see.

3. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    please let it be Florida that's just my game.

4. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm picking up on the keyword SOUTH, which make me feel better about the location. If they go West too much, I may have to pass.

Wait until Thanksgiving, huh? I can handle that. I'll need the time to save up for registration.

5. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Florida......... What the heck is there to do in Florida. I mean besides Disney World, The beach, all that Sunshine.......

Nice pick IMO

6. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Y'know, the more I think about this...

IF (big if) one of the next two shows is going to be West Coast, I'd rather it be this next one. Otherwise it's a movie-year con that I have to fly to, and I'm really thinking that if I have to fly, I am not going to set up as a dealer at that show.

Plus with this next show being moved up to the spring, I may not have enough to sell anyway. Because of the movie hype, TFs are almost impossible to find at flea markets right now.

Speaking as an East coaster, I was all ready for this one to go West.

7. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Sounds like midwest-midsouth to me. Maybe Memphis or something. If I were going to hold a convention I wouldn't do it in Orlando where most people would rather be doing something other then the convention.

8. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Well from what you said, Florida looks to be out. You said, that they said, you wouldn't have to drive "any more South". I wonder if they are thinking of doing it in Atlanta. Just a guess. I am not a big fan of the town, but if possible, I am going.

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Well that combined with the shortened time table (Spring) means you can count me out.

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Florlando is ideal for me. Because it's 30 minutes away. :lol 

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Somewhere East would be great; it's a lot cheaper for me to get there that way.

12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Sounds like I can pretty much write off ever being able to go to a nearby convention again, then. :( 

13. gen1fan

News Credits:

last time I checked Memphis was North Of altanta not south, But if they did have it in tennessee one year I be there.

14. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

come to St. Louis god damn it! Nothing ever happens here!

15. gen1fan

News Credits:

No you not understanding atlanta is just at 9hours drive for me and that as far as I'm willing to drive but if the show is in Flordia I would drive to it as I have many frineds station in jacksonville I could crash at for a night and then drive the rest of the way back.

16. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Your foreign geography confuses me. Somebody draw a map!

17. SwineTrekkie

SwineTrekkie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay...I'm going to try to summarize this....gen1fan, please reply and correct any mistakes...

-The convention will not be west of the Rocky Mountains (no west coast)
    -The hotel rate of approx. $129.00 is a deciding factor in where the convention will be held
    -The 2nd and 3rd person said that you would not have to drive any further South than Atlanta (this one is confusing since you mention the possiblity of Florida)
    -Spring timeframe is not set in stone
    -Do no expect more info until around Thanksgiving.

Is that all correct?

18. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Hell, it's confusing me. The guy said you wouldn't have to travel any more south, to someone who drove from VA to Atlanta, GA. To me, that says "not Florida," if not subtly "Atlanta also." Not like I can go anyway though, so..whatever.

19. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah the first post is rather confusing.

I thought that "wouldn't have to travel any more south" means not past Atlanta.

20. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for the report from FP... but, to be honest, I can't really make heads or tails from what you said in your post.

Looks like it won't be on the West Coast... probably. ("100% not" from a guy "being kept out of the loop" and "basically the same thing" from 2 other random staffers doesn't completely cinch it for me.)

And I can't tell whether they said you wouldn't need to go south of Atlanta, or asked if you wouldn't be willing to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.