Minor/Repaint: 2007 Leader Megs G1 Style (First Radicons Entry)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Omega Magnus, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Omega Magnus

Omega Magnus Can’t deal with that right now

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hey all, some of you may have seen me on here leaving feedback on all the awesome work you all do. I've been doing some customizing over the years, but until now haven't posted it due to lack of cojones and lack of a digital camera. So here we go...

I started this Leader Megs when the first movie came out, and I recently came back to add some more paint detail and the cannon extension. He was disassembled and painted in a base of fusion black and then hand-painted with Tamiya acrylics. My goal was to replicate him using his G1 color palate. His hands were removed and replaced with Cyber Spawn hands, the arm cannon extension was taken from a Tallgeese Gundam from Endless Waltz. I got rid of the stupid red blade things on his back as well. I gave him standard reprolabels once again trying for a G1 vibe. Comments and crits welcome of course. I'll try to post some more of my other work in the next coming weeks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Cyber Spawn hands work really well for this figure, and fold up nicely in alt-mode.
    Tallgeese's gun almost looks too thin, but fits the aesthetic pretty well. Especially in jet mode.

3. cyclonus666

cyclonus666 target master

thats awesome, keep posting them man

4. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Great paint apps. The spawn hands are a nice touch too. You can tell you've done this before.

5. Omega Magnus

Omega Magnus Can’t deal with that right now

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Yaujta, I'd agree the cannon is a bit on the skinny side, was trying for something like how his cannon extended in the movie without requiring putting both arms together. Everything else I had around that had more bulk just didn't seem to fit the movie aesthetic.