2005boards vs Allspark

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I have a difficult time reconciling with many of the earlier comments, because to me it's the same song and dance just about everywhere all things considered.

Each board shares a nearly identical laundry list of problems that are rarely addressed. Token support for artists and Not-Invented-Here attitudes are two I've run into, suppression of critics and degrees of cronyism (neither of which we have an exclusive on as far as communities go) come up from time to time as well. When I want news, I flip a coin because the blurbs all read the same. Sometimes you guys seem to treat it more like a job you tolerate than the great opportunity it is and that's too bad.

Truth be told, I think the online fandom felt a bit more personal and had more character before the advent of these super boards which are the other extreme opposite of that environment. That's my personal take on the subject, your mileage may vary. Pat yourself on the back for what you do well and strive to improve what you don't.

2. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Hehe, Kickback got pwnd :p 

3. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

I've lurked since 2003 (mostly because my account wouldn't activate).

I think we're all good people and we should, like, cuddle and stuff.

I've only been posting at the Allspark since last July, though. I'm more of an Archive-guy.

4. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually like that the admins here treat this board like a job. They come across as a very profesional group who deal with problems in a fast and fair manner. I've been to too many boards where if you weren't part of the right group or didn't kiss the right ass, you weren't made to feel too wellcomed. (and I'm not talking about Allspark)

2005 works because these guys work it. They deserve alot of credit and never ask for it which makes this site my home away from home. :thumbs2: 

5. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

2005boards all the way :rock 

...just stop changing the damn formats every two months!

6. limabean

limabean Well-Known Member

i like both sites. and i love this smile :horse:  D

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That doesn't count QH! :p 

All but one are from my buddy Pete from the TFGen3 days. I'm sure he'll get a talkin' to for those too.

(I guess I should read more carefully the news blurbs over there, yeesh!)

Paypal addy? :p 

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    News reporter: "In other news today, Kickback got served."

Tiny mouse: "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUMN!"

9. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I came here for the news, I stay for the Pie. (And KA has really soft lips)

10. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

Mmmmmmmmmm....KA's lips *shivers*.

Anywho, I generally stay around the TFW2005 boards, because I've been around here under one pseudonym or another since, oh, about the dawn of time, or shortly after the apes descended from the trees. I like the Allspark OK, but I like the layout of TFW better, being the internet moron that I am.

There I said it. TFW is better for morons.

And KA's lips, keep the morons a-comin'.

11. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    YES! :lol 
    But I never visited the Allspark forums. Now I'm curious to see it.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thank you, lip balm! mmm, cherry.

13. SAJse

SAJse Well-Known Member

I think he's definitely getting the 'knee in chest' treatment when he sees the movie. Although I won't bother with the murky details since they're not very interesting.

And I usually drop by here for news since I don't see the point in scouring five gizillion sites when one of them does the job consistently enough. Plus I usually keep tabs on the art forum...always watching...waiting.

The Allspark is okay aswell until * says something. Although I usually stick to the movie forum or TF general discussion, again...watching...waiting. I don't really post much.

That said, I didn't even realise they had an art forum until I saw this thread so though all the creepy watching and waiting I'm not really paying attention.

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    My topic crossed sites. I was at the Allspark today and saw that my topic made it to thier site as well. Amzingly TFW2005 has 121 replies and the Allsopark has 181.

I think a lot of people think Im asking what site is better because people are getting way to uppety and defensive about the question.

Either way as most are saying all the sites are basically the same with a few different topics here and there. I come to TFW2005 because I am use to the set up here, Ive been here for a few years now and although my post count should only read 1000 I am on this site every day and lurk more than post. I also go to other boards to get pics that wont be posted here. Tformers is a sure bet to getting leaked pics that Hasbro asks not to post. Cosmic rust is another.

All in all after reading everything the bottom line I see is this. High post count means you get in with a clique. No biggy , thats how real life works, hang out with people enough(post alot) you become friends and part of the inner circle (clique if you will)
    Now each board has its own attitude. This is also another fact of life. People gravitate to what the are used to. So Most members of allspark(im generalizing with high posters and popular posters) will act the same have the same kind of humour and all in all same sorta personality. The same holds true with TFW2005. But then again this is true in real life. Look at your group of friends, you all are unique individuals but there is a basic set of character traits you all share which is why you are friends.

Thats just my thought, Im not looking to start web rivalries I was just curious that peoples outlook on different boards with the same topic was.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

15. Seibertron

Seibertron Owner of Seibertron.com

Shhh ... don't let everyone know I'm fun. And what's this about phone sex? I feel left out. My phone does 3 way. :wink: 

16. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I originally started out at Seibertron when I started collecting back in the RiD/Armada time period, and was there for awhile under the handle of "Scourge"(RiD inspired). But the overall atomsphere was mostly negative. Whenever first looks of new toys(prototypes or otherwise), or reviews/galleries/etc. of new toys are posted here, it's always roughly 50/50 how well it's received. But at Seibertron, it was like 90/10 in favor of the Negative Nancy's. Seemed like nobody liked anything, and if you posted that you did, you sometimes got insulted for it by some of the more unsavory members. Then Energon came out, and I got Prime fairly early on(I have an original one with a mouth). I liked the figure so much, that I made a gallery of him one night for the hell of it, and posted it. Got nothing but pages of negativity, a couple insults, and a few positives. That was it, I'd had enough. So I left. Came here and saw that E.Prime was more well received, even one of their mods liked it :eek:  I still remember Kickback's great Insecticon colored digibash of it :p 

I liked TFW and had been lurking for a little bit, so I decided to give TFW a try. Been here ever since. The atmosphere's much more positive, and openminded. I've never registered at the Allspark, but I've been there a couple times. Just don't like the forum layout, or the purple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.