2005boards vs Allspark

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Im just curious. I was reading the Allspark got hacked page and saw that many people suppost the allspark.

Now I realise that the allspark is a rival board to this one but is there a rivalry between the two boards??

Im sure that there are people that strictly go to one board or another but Ive also seen people on both boards.

What is the feeling towards this. Are we all one big TF community that can have different sites with the same format co-exsist peacefully? Or, Are you considered unloyal by going to both?

Give me your thoughts I've always been curious about the relationship between the two boards.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

P.S. This is my home board:D 

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I doubt the people here consider it a rival board, and personally I'm glad it isn't. If you read the article about the history of the TF boards you'll understand why (don't have a link to it though).

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    this is unnecessary and will only open a can of worms.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll let this go forward so long as their is no flaming, bashing or insulting.

My take is that their will always be competition between the sites. It's the nature of the beast. But I am also a firm believer in competition being a very good thing. It gives people something to strive for. While I've never personally met anyone from there staff, I have talked to Quantumhawk (one of their admins) a bit. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the work they do.

5. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I frequent both boards. In my opinion, they're both great places to hang out.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I only post and read here, because frankly, no where else matters (to me). We have it all.

The only time I will ever bother to visit another board is to look at pictures that aren't allowed here.

7. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I don't frequent the Allspark boards anymore, but really only because their boards have less features. Allspark really only has a couple of sections actually devoted to TFs, while TFW2005, TFans, Seibertron and others have many different boards (TF gen. discussion, Toyark-type forums, News forums, Funnies, reviews etc...)

That's my criteria for choosing which boards I frequent.

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I only stick around here, cause I'm not registered at Allspark, and I have TFW bookmarked. I found TFW first. Everything I need is here, so I have no real reason to go elsewhere.

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i used to post there. It grew hostile towards me after several years and I made the smart move and switched here. Love it here far more than over there. This board is more open and friendly. You are fine over their if you fit their perfect little mold and way of thinking.. And i had been around since a month or two after it first started..

But that is all in the past. I've moved on and no longer harbor any ill will towards them. I may lurk on occasion to see a post or two (like DVDs for the week of.., etc) that are not discussed here. Never post though, nor will i in the forseeable future.

I like TFW.. we can say naughty words here..

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Well I only hang out here, at Bottalk, and the club forum. I have noticed a lot less "banner waving" than in the past, and thank goodness for that :)  When people go over to another board and start bashing about their favorite board being so much superior all it really does is give the board they feel like they are supporting a big black eye in the minds of people who have never been to the other board. I know some of the mods & admins have had heat with each other from time to time...but while nobody will ever get along with everyone, I doubt any of the board owners want to see a 'rival' hacked. Especially when they may very well be the next target.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoy both TFW and The Allspark; while I only post here, it's mainly because I can't imagine being able to keep up with reading & posting on multiple boards. And I have to confess, I did register at Allspark mostly so I could turn off the purple. The goggles - they do nothing!

These days I don't venture too far away from TFW and Allspark because I find them to be pretty classy and well-moderated. I also appreciate the stance they have taken on showing pics from the club magazine, as well as their respect for and responsiveness to the wishes of Hasbro on pre-production item pics, etc...

12. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Haven't visited Allspark. As for the Seibertron MBs, the forums there got kinda antsy (I do have respect for some of the members and mods and rarely post there) so I decided to make my permanent place here.

Seibertron.com is a good site though with screencaps from the series and the toy reviews are good.

The 2005 Boards has been, and will be, my new home.

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I just check out their buy/sell forums and that's it.

14. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Of all the sites, I suppose I post here the most, but I do post regularly on Allspark and Tfans, and occasionally on Transfandom forums. I feel no board loyalty, nor animosity; though I guess the seemingly universal dislike for Bigbot has swayed me not to go there, so I can't claim to be immune to fandom rhetoric.

Actually, the main reason I started posting on Tfans and Transfandom was because I was feeling ornery, wanted to pick a debate, knew of one person I could always count on to provide a pretext for lashing out against, but the guy kept getting banned at each site he was at, so I had to hunt him down. So I originally joined these sites for the joy of tearing this guy a new one, and wound up enjoying posting there, even after the guy got banned.

Anyway, sort of got off the topic, I don't see these sites as being one being better than the others, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, and as I fan I flip around to make use of their strengths.

15. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Interboard wars are ridiculous. If you have to actually attack one another to show how big your e-Penis is, well then I seriously pity you.

Message boards are not the end all, be all of life. Whichever one is bigger, or more popular, etc...is unimportant drivel.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    HEY TSFC MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER AND HAS MORE GURTH THAN YOURS :p 

Thanx
    Transbot90210

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm here because there is a better forum for reporting and finding sightings of new figs in my area. For whatever reason, I've never seen other Minnesotans post TF sightings on the Allspark. That, and the news and rumors forum is the most current I've seen.

18. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    my home is seibertron, my second home is here. allspark is a distant last place imo. the times i've lurked most threads were a little too hostile for my tastes. no real information sharing either. those were my impressions though. i'm sure it isn't always bad. i simply prefer seibs and 2005. i like that most of the local fans around me post here too. at least the ones i've noticed from other boards.

19. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I first joined Seibertron, but was pointed here by TOM (great guy, btw). That site's lack of a feedback forum for deals really turned me off, but the graphics there are very cool and I love their sightings section, but this is definitely my home for the foreseeable future since it's basically got it all! I also joined Allspark, so I could frqueent their B/S/T forum, but nobody I ever contacted ever responded to me and that really mystified me, so I left never to return. Viva la TFW2005!

20. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Unfortunately that's true,SOME of the members are a bit too contentious for their own good.Particularly when it comes to Con/Beast Machines stuff.

I go to Seibertron sometimes,mainly when I'm jonesing to see some old G1 commercials

I used to go there LOTS when they had the entire 300 something issue run of the TF UK comic series

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.