2004 nissan pathfinder (2wd)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Sep 17, 2008.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I have a chance to buy one with 60,000 miles from my parents for 7500.. I know the price is good but will I be regretting it? Does anyone have one of these vehicles and can tell me if or what will break? I've been surfing the web to find info but I havent seen a question like mine. I know the gas mileage will suck but its a dependable car and its a smokin price...

thoughts??

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Your parents have had it for possibly the full 60,000 miles. They might be able to tell you what to expect better than any of us.

Although, you call it a dependable car - so why are you asking if it'll break? Be smart about maintenence and most cars will hold up.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I think overall it should be a good vehicle if your parents have had it most of the time and have maintained it. Once it goes over 100K miles, just watch out for any transmission problems but again if you maintain it well it should be fine.

4. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

And understand that as the mileage increases, some components are simply going to reach the end of their expected lifespans, even with top notch care.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This. It is difficult to engineer parts for anything that will be both inexpensive and durable. So generally auto companies will design their parts to last around 1.5-2 times the warranty life, that way barring defects there isn't much worry about having to do warranty work.