20% off Games Consoles in UK Tesco Stores

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mighty.Maximal, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

There's currently 20% off Games Consoles in UK Tesco Stores and so as I also had a bunch of Till Vouchers and Vouchers they send through the mail so I got a 250GB Xbox 360 for £119.00

So I was wondering what do I need to know if updating my Console in terms of moving from a 20gb to the 250gb.

I read someplace that if you move your old save they only work if your signed into Xbox live - is this true ? or does it only apply to download content you've aquired.?

Would I be better off keeping or loosing my old Xbox live ID (i'd barely used it).

Will having a new console give me the option to change it or do I have to carry on using the old ID for fear of messing things up.

Any pitfall or tips would be appreciated I have a couple of days grace before I'llhave time to sit down an open it so any replies before then that can save me any trouble would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I also was going to say suggest what I've missed by not having a console for more than a year too... That I should consider buying games wise.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Rubbish.

Save game data/DLC is controlled by the serial number of the Console, not the drive its on.

When you upgrade the HD to the bigger one, all you have to do is swap them, and transfer data. You get a transfer cable with the new HD, and you transfer all the old data from the old drive (assuming there's any relevant to transfer) and voila, its done.

The only time my DLC needed to be verified with online access is when they sent me a new 360 after the old one exploded. MS were supposed to update my licenses, but they didn't, so I just did it myself.

Also, when you start up for the first time, if you input your old Gamertag as your LIVE enabled account, the 360 will find your old GT and update it, complete with all your old achievements.

Hmmm. If I wasn't watching what I was spending, I might seriously consider getting a Kinetic for a lower price.

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To transfer all the content from your old 20GB HDD to the new 250GB HDD you will need a transfer cable.

After this migration is done you will need to transfer the content licences: Transferring Content Licenses to a New Console - Xbox.com

It is up to you if you keep your old ID. But if you go for a new one you will loose any achievements, DLC and saved games tied to that account.

5. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Done it it worked 99% I only lost one video and a couple of Themes I didn't even care about no longer work... which is odd as I think they were free on Magazine cover disks so it does not make much sense to have them stop working.

Having the new Dashboard again makes me realize again just how very childish the XBOX360 dashboard looks with those silly avatars you can't hide or make invisible and even more of them throwing their irksome kiddy uglyness in the face of the hardcore gamers - and they've messed up the Music playback as well as previously it would pop the menu back where you where and you didn't mess anything up by opening the music in a game now if you try to open new music it seems to try to log you out of the game (unless I'm doing something wrong).

I still feel the controller interface default functions should be given global override rights too. I don't see the point otherwise.

Pity they can't have a Family mode for general use but the ability to ditch all that avatar bumpf for those who really don't want your xbox looking like a Nintendo console.

6. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Hardcore gamers" :lol 

7. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

if you transfer dlc (arcade games add ons etc) to another hdd it will only work while you are online. to stop this, you have to re-download it on your new setup.

8. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

HAs this offer ended?

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think so It was in Feb I think. About the same time they had 20% off toys.