20+ Fun Pub Figures in the next year

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ciberw0lf, May 13, 2012.

1. ciberw0lf

ciberw0lf Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    6 Subscription Figures
    1 Free Figure
    5-6 BOTCON 2013 Boxset Figures
    1 Attendee Figure
    7 Souvenir Figures
    And for a lucky few
    1 Custom Class Figure

Although it is only an increase in 4 from this last year, it looks like Fun Pub is trying to touch on as many series as possible so there should be something for everyone. I also was surprised to see no SG figures in the seven figures we know about.

As someone who wasn't a big fan of the Armada/Energon/Cybertron molds, I'm really excited to see what they come up with if only 'cause it gives me an excuse to pick up new versions of molds I'll probably like.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do more random SG stuff please so I don't have to spend my money.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol  This.

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    They're probably cutting it because they put out a lot of em this year :p  Probably felt they were milking the cow too much.

5. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I would have really liked it if they gave us the option of having a box & foam insert with the exclusives this year. But at least between cutting the box & foam and making it an order based thing, these figures will hopefully be cheaper.

6. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Give them your details, and let someone else spend your money for you.

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fact that they're doing away with the nice boxes is troubling. They seem to be sacrificing the "bells and whistles" for quantity, and I have to wonder if this was their idea or if Hasbro went to them and said "You have to offer more figures."

Whatever the origin of the idea, I have to believe Hasbro is hoping this will mean fans will spend less money on third-party products, which is what makes me wonder if it was Hasbro's idea.

8. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Honestly, since they said the boxes are quite the portion of the overall price, even making the solid run they normally make would lower the price by (however much) but the new ordering system is supposed to offer them at an even lower price, best case scenario each exclusive will be, what, $25 (depending on how many ordered)?

Terrible way for them to crack down on 3P. If anything I'll be saving more than spending on TFCC exclusives. They should just give us the option to buy the damn box & foam insert. I'd buy.

9. RamenJunkie

RamenJunkie Lameazoid.com

i had this conspiracy theory too. Hasbro/FunPub's answer to third part is to milk fans for more exclusive club toys so they can't afford third party stuff.

it feels a little far fetched. I would say, it's more likely that FunPub has gotten to the point where fans are suggesting good ideas and they have plenty of good ideas of their own, so they are just needing to expand. They can't give us a 12 figure Botcon boxed set because no one will be able to afford it. So they are effectively giving us two boxed sets, one as a "subscription".

This also lets them free up some of their "one off" ideas and keep the boxed sets more focused in theme. Like people have suggested, doing Ruination from the FoC Bruiticus as the boxed set. Or Spychangers. They can really theme it. I liked this years set, but it feels like a conglomeration of a bunch fo random unrelated ideas.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    i like the boxes and foam inserts. it makes an exclusive stand out. Besides, getting them in baggies seems so cheap for an exclusive figure; mass retail figs dont come in baggies, why should exclusives? And i get the whole cutting costs things, but cmon thats part of buying an exclusive: extra cost

11. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I agree.. I mean Botcon souvenir sets coming in a baggy I'm fine with, but the "member" stuff has to be in a sweet box or else I'm just sad.

12. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Hopefully there will be some Last Stand versions of the Wreckers... I'd especially like a Rotorstorm! :D 

13. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    This is the first I have heard of doing away with the foam and boxes, but it's about time. It's a terrible idea to begin with. Foam degrades and crumbles over time - go look at old camera cases or gun cases that had that kind of foam. After about 15 years or so it's really nasty, and the crumbs stick to whatever is stored inside the case. It could be argued that it's because of what's stored in the case rather than the foam itself, but I wouldn't take the chance. Plus, foam has the annoying habit of rubbing paint off of plastic or creating shiny spots in places where it rubs - something you definitely want to avoid. I won't even carry my guns in a foam case without something between them and the foam, and I won't store the FP toys in their boxes