2 years later

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    2 years ago when Classics came out I was amazed by the line, I had recently gotten back into collecting Transformers when Armada came out and stopped collecting after energon ended, on Dec 06 I purchased Classics Voyager Optimus Prime and was given Classics Voyager Megatron for Christmas. In February 07 I bought Classics Starscream and after that they were cleared off the shelves for the movie line :( . I spent a lot of time and money scouring the net for more Classics, I got Grimlock off of HTS, Rodimus off of eBay, deluxe megs and Bumblebee in a trade, Mirage and Henkei Astrotrain off of BBTS, Cliffjumper off of eBay, Jetfire from BBTs and Classics Devastator, Ultra Magnus and Skywarp in a few trades and tonight I just got the last piece in the mail: Classics Ramjet. My Classics Collection is now complete :D  Not counting the botcon seekers because they're too expensive for me to afford.

It feels so great to finally have completed this collection and I will be adding to it, I already have in fact. Among my Classics Collection are an assorted number of bots and cons, the movie Drones as Decepticlones, Movie Big Daddy, Cybertron Cannonball, Universe 1.0 Silverbolt, Armada Cheeter, Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker, Octane and Prowl, BM Tankor, Energon Shockblast, Universe 1.0 Nemesis Prime, Cybertron Metroplex, Cybertron Galaxy Force Vector Prime, Universe Downshift as Classics Wheeljack and Armada Unicron.

I'll be adding Universe Springer, Ratbat, Roadbuster and Dirge to my collection when they come out as well as Henkei Thundercracker hopefully.

Thanks for reading.

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    damn bro, post some pics :D  without just making us drool ;p

3. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Why would we be drooling??

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    correction then: Making me drool...my collection is small

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I got all the classics one mass retail figures (save a few legends) at stores while they were shipping. And with Ramjet that was a trick and a half. That MoFo was hard to come by. I had to resort to evil-bay, Robotkingdom, and the junkion exchange here for the exlcusives (Skywarp, Soundwave, and Devastator specifically). Still I wasn't totally satisfied. So like many I augmented them with Cybertron (Cannonball, Blurr, Overhaul, Metroplex, Downshift, Excellion, Swerve, Quickmix) and Energon (Downshift and Hotshot). Now with Uni/Clas 2 and Henkei it feels more complete.

6. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I also augmented my collection with non classics figures. I'll be adding movie Breakaway to my collection when he comes out.

I'm also gonna backtrack across a few lines and add figs like Cyb Snarl, Cyb Brimstone, Armada Predacon, Titanium Scourge, Universe 1.0 Razorclaw, Energon Slugslinger and Swoop, Cyb Landmine and a few others.

7. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Ratchet made me premed

Congrats. It always feels great once you've finished a long collecting adventure.

Now go get ready for the next wave!

8. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    yeah I know, right now I'm looking for a job because I wanna save up and move out of my dad's apartment, then I wanna get my own place, a bigger shelf and continue my line of Classics/Universe.

Funny thing: I had Henkei Ramjet and Jetfire preordered from BBTS but I canceled as soon as their pics became public, Ramjet looked really bland to me and I liked Jetfire way better than Skyfire.

9. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    GF Guardshell should be here tomorrow, I believe he'll make a perfect Classics Scoop then I need to get Universe Dropshot, Galvatron and Acid Storm soon. I might be moving to england soon and I at least wanna get these 3 guys before that happens as the UK won't get them for quite a while.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bah! It's still missing some key Transformers for a classics Collection.

Runamuck-Runabout
    Thunderblast- Nightbird
    Energon Roadblock--Grapple
    Energon Cliffjumper-Sandstorm
    Brakedown GTS-Kup
    Amorhide-Pipes
    Blurr-Blurr
    Quickmix-Quickmix
    Fracture-Crasher
    Crankcase-Crankcase

11. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Check the ebay section on these boards, members are selling things you need.

12. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like you've got a nice little collection there!

13. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

That really sounds like a good collection. I am a huge Classics/Universe fan and I have all the Classics along with all the Universe 2008 molds so far except for Blaster (who I don't think fits the character). I just found Acid Storm the other day so that was pretty awesome. I also use Downshift for my Wheeljack (good pick). Congrats on your cool collection and we are lucky to have such a great line going right now.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Congrats man! Classics is an awesome line, my persaonal all time fav since it's what I wanted since I got back into collecting with RiD. I'm glad it's being continued with Universe.