#2 (sorry not for Robert Wagner fans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MovieGod, Jul 2, 2007.

1. MovieGod

MovieGod Please hand me that piano

So whos going to be #2 at the box office after TF takes the #1 spot this week?

Im going out on a limb....

Really sticking my neck out on this one....

Going to show everybody that Ive got some serious stones....

My bold prediction is...

RATATOUILLE.

See? Toldya this was going to be a bold and daring prediction!

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    aww, i was all set with sharks with frickin lasers on their heads jokes :( 

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    The bigger question is how much TF will take in...I say A meelion dollarsss!

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm sorry Dr. Evil we couldn't get you the sharks. We had to get you sea bass instead

They're mutated sea bass

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    TF is going to take in about 2 to 2.5 million in the box office, then about 1 million on initial DVD sales.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    prepare the unnecessarily long, overly complicated, expositorial soliloquy!

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    ...hardly. It's showing in 4,000 theaters and has some good critic reviews so far, even Ebert liked it which is a nice feather in your cap for attracting movie go-ers.

Transformers is going to take in over $100 million in the opening week, most likely more since other blockbusters with the same kind of anticipation and hype broke $100 million in the opening week. They'll make back the budget from international markets, Japan especially, and anything after that is going to be money in the bank for making #2.

The real real question is how much it will make in week 2, as a new franchise word of mouth will keep it popular with movie goers and fans will see it more than once, but there's Harry Potter 5 that will probably be #1 the following week. Thing is though, maybe it's just me out of the loop, I dont see the same kind of hype and anticipation for Harry Potter 5, maybe as a movie franchise it's getting too long winded or the actors are getting too old to look right, and book 5 is a low point in the franchise... it should be interesting.

...after typing all that I'm wondering why this isn't in the movie forum.

8. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

without a doubt transformers is going to be THE action movie this summer, the one that people remember, the one that will come out on dvd for the christmas season with the hype and special features only to have a 2-disc special edition come out in february... i guarantee it.

9. MovieGod

You mean 2 to 2.5 million in the FIRST DAY right?

Ha ha! People are so obsessed with how well TF is going to do that my RATATOUILLE prediction is going unchallenged! I would start a #3 thread but I cant think of an Austin Powers tie-in for that. (Plus I have no idea if LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD has enough legs to stay in the top 3 in its second week.)

10. case_sensitive

case_sensitive Ravage for President

I'm not going to be the first to challenge your prediction because I really can't see anything else taking second place. Even if Ratatouille takes a 50% dive in its second week--which I very much doubt it will--it would still pull in about $23M, which should be enough to capture the second spot.
    I don't know about LFoDH--there's a fair bit of overlap between that audience and the one for TF. I think License to Wed has a shot at #3 since counterprogramming has been successful for some past anti-blockbuster titles when a tentpole picture has been released. I don't believe License is a rock solid bet for that third spot, though, because it doesn't seem that the studio has been very rigorous (relatively speaking) in marketing it.

-= CS =-

11. MovieGod

Woohoo! RATATOUILLE scored 7.5 million on Monday and was the only movie within striking distance of TF (8.8 million). It looks to have a lock on that #2 spot...really cant see LICENSE TO WED doing more business.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That was quite a prediction!:thumb 

13. MovieGod

Thanks SL! The real test will come this weekend to see if RAT can maintain its hot streak thru the Fri-Sun stretch.

14. MovieGod

Looks like RATATOUILLE is on course to score the #2 spot...9.5 million on Friday, bettering DIE HARD's 5.38 million and LICENSE TO WED's 3.7 million. I really don't see either the #3 or #4 movies moving up over Saturday and Sunday.

15. MovieGod

So it's official...$70.5 million for TF over the Friday-Sunday stretch and $29M for RATATOUILLE.

With the final HARRY POTTER book coming out and virtually no new competition, HP5 can't help but take the #1 spot, which means that TF is a no-brainer for #2.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    damn you hairy pooter!

17. case_sensitive

case_sensitive Ravage for President

Wow, $44.2M for OotP on Wednesday alone. Doesn't look like anything is going to come close to its numbers this weekend.

-= CS =-

18. MovieGod

So the final take from Fri-Sun was $77.1 million for HP5 and $37 mil for TF. It looks like both are on their way to joining the $300 million club.

19. MovieGod

So it looks like TF and HP5 have some decent competition this weekend with CHUCK & LARRY and HAIRSPRAY coming out. I think Adam Sandler is the real threat because we havent had one of his comedies in a while. HAIRSPRAY is a musical which isnt the most popular genre these days...maybe a top 5 spot but its not going to set the world on fire. My bold prediction for this weekend is that CHUCK & LARRY takes top spot which would knock HP5 into the #2 position.

20. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    isnt sea bass that gay trucker off of Dumb and Dumber?