2 Robot Modes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JimTheJIRRMan, Apr 5, 2012.

1. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Ensign

News Credits:
    It seems that a certain aspect of cybertronians that is movieverse exclusive is the fact that they can transform into any technology they scan. Now, I don't know if I'm the first to bring it up, but I think I might be.

Okay, so, given this logic, could a transformer have two robot modes? Example: Let's say Bumblebee wants to spy on some cons, so he Scans Starscream while Starscream is in robot mode. Would that mean he'd be able to change from his actual robot mode into one that looks exactly like Starscream? I'd like to hear some thoughts.

2. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    O HAI, MY NAME'S LASERBEAK,
    ISS YOURR DADDY HOMMME?!?

[​IMG]

3. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

Laserbeak. Pink Bumblebee

4. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Ensign

News Credits:
    At first, I just assumed that was laserbeak's "spy ability" but now, I think it might be a case of "Scanning a robot"

5. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, if there's one Cybertronian who can do it then there's no reason to assume that there can't be others. Same goes for Pretenders like Alice, theoretically. The only MAJOR problem with your hypothetical scenario is that Starscream's almost TWICE the size of Bumblebee.

And dead, lol.

But as long as the two are of roughly equivalent mass it seems plausible enough, sure.

6. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Ensign

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's the dead thing, but size shouldn't be an isssue, according to your first example. Bumblebee is like 5 times Laserbeak's size.

7. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Ensign

News Credits:
    The only thing wrong with size is that bumblebee wouldn't be a very convincing spy.

8. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    UMMM, YEAH, I'M SURE NO ONE WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE...

[​IMG]

9. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Ensign

News Credits:
    Well, really, the hypothetical scenario was just me trying to put it Into context. What I really wanted thoughts on was the 2 robot modes thing, and I thank you for the input.

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Before DOTM I considered that notion improbable. I was quite surprised to see Laserbeak do that. But not since Laserbeak's the only Transformer to do this (in my recollection) scanning another Transformer might be as taboo as sleeping with your sister. You just don't do it.

EDIT: I just remembered. Scourges stasis pod from TF RID. His pod scanned the tanker truck, Optimus, and a human. But scanning Optimus was an accident. He just kinda got in the way.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Laserbeak turning into a diminutive Bumblebee succeeded because he played the trick on ignorant humans. Bee attempting to spy on the Cons by impersonating Screamer would never work; they'd see right through the trick immediately.

12. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless Cybertron has a deep south.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    ....I'm sorry, off topic, is Laserbeak really holding a doll in that one pic?

14. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

I don't think mass should be a problem, nor should size. subject: soundwave's satellite of rape turned into a mercedes of rape.

15. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Not sure how much it's related to that but how do you suppose Megatron changed all his body in Dotm from a tank/jet to truck yet he couldn't manage to change/replace half of his head?

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, it seems that Laserbeak is really the only one who can do this/does it on a regular basis. I don't really think it makes sense for any other character. It hasn't been a common thing in past series, why would they choose to do it now? In my opinion, it's just dumb (with the exception of Laserbeak because of obvious reasons).

Agreed.

17. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Haha, I don't think so...I suspect you're simply mistaking the little girl's arm holding the book for the head of a doll that isn't actually there. I'll have to watch the scene in motion later on to double-check for sure though, lol.

A fine point! Except they're not supposed to be able to mass shift THAT much, so they're clearly hoping audiences simply won't remember the scale of a two second shot from two years prior.

And, hell, it was THREE years in the film! For all we know he donated his extra mass to help fix up Megatron in the interim or got damaged in battle himself or whatever.

;) 

18. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Why couldn't Megatron scan himself a new head, or Bumble Bee repair his voice box? Everytime a Transformer scans a new vehicle, it's like a person undergoing reconstructive surgery over their whole body. How hard would it be to make repairs to a comparatively smaller part of your body?

19. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

some tfs got 3 modes like arielbots [superion] , stunicons [meansor

20. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

To be specific, Laserbeak didn't turn into a full-sized BB in DOTM. He transformed into a sze that fit his scale. So I guess Bumblebee could scan Screamer, but he would become a smaller version of him.