2-pack tank Megs.. interchangeable hand?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Aug 23, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

After looking over those images of the upcoming 2-pack Megatron (the tank, not the dino) I can't help but think that the absence of the right hand was deliberate. In those pics, you can see that where the right hand should be, there is instead a little gray nub (or peg, if you will). Nothing else in the proto pics looks like it'd go there, and they could just as easily have put a hand there; could it be that he has interchangeable hands/fists? perhaps that weren't included with those particular testshots in the photos?? Why would he have interchangeable hands? One solid, one translucent- the solid hand obvioulsy being his normal one, the traslucent could be to simulate something like what the G2 tankmegs had going on with his right hand in the comics:
    [​IMG]

Aside from that, I can't really see any reason why they'd just omit giving him a right hand.

2. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think Hasbro trys to steer away from add on parts since G1. My guess is that he won't have a right hand.

I love the pic. Looks like some old dude who painted his face blue and stuck a cut-out pot on his head. Very Menacing. lol.

3. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Yeah, that's not going to happen. It's not like Transformers always have both hands anyways....

4. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think that's it. Looking at the transformation, a fist would have been clearly visible in tank mode, which is probably the main reason they went without it. And that 'nub' doesn't look large enough to hold a fist in place.

5. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

If you check out the pics in the news forum of the Classics OP vs. Megs 2 pack, the back of box pic shows that his right hand is a "spinning battle blade", which basically looks like he has no right hand, but a gun instead, and you can detach it from a certain point on his arm and...well...spin it. That would explain the nub, it's where the gun attatches for the spinning action.

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

What would they think of next???

7. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I dunno, take a look at the Armada/Cybertron Red Alert toys. They all had 'peg' hands with attachments. It's possible that one could be a fist(though probably not likely). :) 

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If true, that would (probably) mean the extra hands/parts would store somewhere in or on the toy, like they do on Red Alert(s)