Non-TF: 2 Ft. HUGE Fort-Max Size GO Lion / Voltron Custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jason jupiter, Apr 24, 2008.

1. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

I won a HUGE voltron III on ebay, its about 2 feet tall. It came poorly packaged with one of the Black Lion's legs broken so I decided to follow this guide and customize it:

http://www.robotjapan.com/Gallery/Trendmasters/Voltron/Voltron-Trendmasters.asp

I took some pictures with a Ruination so you can see how huge this guy is.

It's very well designed with lights in every Lion's eyes, a pilot compartment, and a whole bunch of hidden launchers and hatches.

At the very end there are also some WIP/process pictures.

larger full-res images here:
    http://robotjapan.proboards12.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=Popychogokin&thread=12232

Attached Files:

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

That is so damn cool. I want one now. I've heard of this thing before, but i always thought it was the "go lion" version that has no detail and looks like those crapppy giant power ranger toys. THAT is very cool though.

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty cool, I loved Voltron as a kid.

4. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Blue Lion on Right, Yellow Lion on Left :lolol 

Other then that Awesome!

5. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I've got a much smaller Voltron, who's had some better days (no accessories (sword, shield, or individual lions' weapons), he's got some major chrome wear, and the red lion's tail is broken...

He's been sitting in a box with some of my TF's, and after seeing your work here, I might just consider pulling them out and giving them some love! Great work with your HUMONGOUS figure there!

6. jason jupiter

lol, thanks..d'oh!

yeah, i saw a loose one of these at a toy show, the guy wouldn't sell but said he had offers of $300-400?!?!? i don't know if it's BS or not.

mine was loose $100 BIN on ebay. a steal i think for such a huge combining go lion. just the yellow or blue lion by itself is already the size of a g1 gestalt. this is so much cooler than the jumbo machinder go lion.

7. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

damn jason you beat me to it i have the same figure maybe i need to get off my but and get to work lol. i sold all my other voltrons after i bought this one and seen how i was going to make it look. i paid 150.00 for a HUGE lot of voltron figures. so we both got lucky. after i sold the rest my giant voltron was practally free.

this guy is rather hard to find on ebay. and i have seen it sell for 120.00 to 300.00.

8. jason jupiter

damn nice score matt, hey is yours broken in anyway? mine was displayed on a shelf and had some yellowing on the black lion's mouth before i repainted everything. when i was cutting the legs off you could feel how "hard" and brittle the plastic felt.

i don't know if the plastic is brittle or if it was weakened from exposure to sun.

9. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i was lucky mine was good until i started to remove the giant hip pin i broke the inner leg parts tring to do that. yep sounds like sun exposure not sure mine is clean white mine is painted to though thats the way it came. one thing i am going to do to mine and you may consider is the leg parts that are moded use aluminium tape from lows or any hard ware store or walmart and polish it to get a higher metallic finish. it is much thicker than testors bare metal foil but should work great for a figure this size.

did yours have all the little missles and bombs? all i got was the sword and shield. any thoughts on making the green and red lion tails better i am thinking thats just something i will have to live with.also i think i am going to put sharp teeth in mine like the first original and anime.

i just really looked at how you redid the legs and that is a fine job covering the whole area rather than puting in a segiment. i wish i had seen yours before i cut my legs i am going to have a but load of sanding and blending to do on my own