2 Facts about Transforming

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    You are so easy to understand!

2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea, it sounds more like that the Hasbto rep was just talking out of his butt. Probably just made it up on the spot.
    It sounds like such a ludicrous idea.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Isn't this the exact OPPOSITE of what you said in the OP?

You know holograms and nano-scale micromechanics are fundamentally different concepts, right?

I wonder where the limitations on such nano-scale (molecular scale seems a stretch to me) manipulation would be. I mean, the way you describe it, you'd basically have T-1000 on steroids, not the mechanoid TFs we've seen. It's more likely that whatever lubricant, nervous, or sensory aparatus they cover their body with has a system of nano-scale reassemblers or foundational materials that can be functionalized to correct detected defects in the structure, roughly analogous to human immune cells and stem cells.

Bumblebee has shown, in the films, novels, and comics, an ability to switch between a library of alt modes or scan new ones, relatively quickly. This means the reformatting process is efficient and based on some strong internal system. However, a complete reassembly on the molecular level seems unreasonable from an engineering perspective, compared to simply reconfiguring mechanical components and reshaping a few external parts.

But hey, holograms being canon aren't any more insane than pocket dimensions, I guess.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Transformers tends to reflect our changing view of robots. Back in the 80's robotics was still a rather crude science where robots were pretty much like any other machine only with a bit of programing to allow it to do some functions on it's own.

But then robotics started advancing rapidly enough that people began to ponder questions like when would robots become so advanced that we would have to consider them living things.

Even with the humanoid looking robots just look at how far things went in science fiction from Mr Data on Star Trek to the skin jobs on Battlestar Galactica.

5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    first off its TWO facts about Transforming and i understand any confusion but i assure you,while i cant quite explain my angle i am 99% sure after hours of careful thought and i could go into an in depth explaination but then i just get really smart and hard to understand

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Wow, score a point for Michael Bay on that one. I question the logic there too.

7. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Trust me, I think I'll be able to understand if you "get really smart". Post your research and cite your sources.

Also, the TWO facts you've posted are fundamentally opposed from a technical standpoint and whichever one was dominant would render the other superfluous within the context of your original post. I'm assuming your "TWO facts" are that they use holography in vehicle mode, and are able to consciously and completely alter themselves at a molecular level, since you never specificially listed them.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  8. Zikmaster1000

Zikmaster1000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The reason they go from bashed to clean is because they are lazy, they didn't want to spend the money on making a second vehicle mode for each Transformer, one for when there fine and another for when they are damaged, that's detail, that would help make the movies better, they didn't want to waste the money, hey Hasbro think of it, instead of wasting 209 Million on a Battlesh-okay never mind, it's not even that, instead of wasting 209 Million on a Transfrormers Rip-off, why not use it to make actual detailed movies, your not getting a sequel, I'm waiting for it to open at rainbow cinemas so I only pay $2 to see it, stop making movies that suck and make movies that actually work, look at Avengers, 5 years=Great Movie, we don't mind waiting 5 years, we will wait 5 years if you will make a good movie, unfourantly we still have that idiot Micheal Bay in the directors chair, sorry got off topic, yeah they were lazy

9. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i thought trans-scanning was just the process of scanning the vehicle and making it your form. What I was try to elaborate was the condition the vehicle form remains in after trans-scanning, which I don't think is a part of it to begin with...but eh. I stand by what I think as it fills in the hasbro explanation quite well without too much of the 'THEN WHY DONT THEY USE HOLOGRAMS ALL THE TIME' etc etc.

but i really think this question was just bad to ask in general. im sure most of us are aware that their are contracts or conditions that had to be met to use the cars in the movies, since it was basically advertising and who wants to see a busted up, brand new, Solstice or a crapped up 07 camaro after a battle...it's just something we should go with and doesnt need to be explained--artistic cheat or w/e

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ha ha, that's true even with the source for material you can never be assured that it's a good or even logical answer. It's not like creative people never get stumped with a question and have to give an answer along the lines of "a wizard did it".

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Wrong.

On one of the documentaries from the 07 movie, it was either Bay or an ILM guy who stated that it was a cheat. The robots looked too fake when they were as spotless as their alt modes were. They actually had to add more textures to make them look more photo-real. This took more work thus negating your "lazy" theory.

There is no canon reason for them being scuffed in bot mode and shiny in alt mode, it's purely a cheat and was done so to make the whole thing look better.

12. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    in the ways of Mr Bay, yes but a reasonible explanation that fits a plausible idea that explains the subject is the topic here,not Bays way

13. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Then you're talking about make believe and conjecture. Again, there's no canon for it. It's what they did to make it look better, as it was factually described by the people who worked on it. I was responding to the snark about them being "lazy."

As far as what you are actually asking, unless it's written or explained by the people involved, it doesn't exist. I don't play the "what if" game either and I abhor slash fic.

14. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    neither do i,and i see your point but in a way unless im crazy self regenerating molecular armor is self explainitory to its purpose in a transformers but in a way i guess that might be considered a what if

15. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    If they have self regenerating molecular armor, it would have implications far beyond shiny alt modes. There's lots of evidence for it in-universe, but it would have to be a system that had numerous limitations to fit what has been seen in the films.

It is still technically a "what if" since it has never been outlined or discussed in official bayverse media, however.

16. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    It means any Transformers who have it will be Deadpool.