2 Facts about Transforming

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by spartan 3764, Jun 12, 2012.

1. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 I'm a schoolgirl on the inside. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So i took to research and found out that cybertronians dont actually turn into vehicles they alter their form thus being the Transformers, and they mimic 100% of their almode,but i finally found the answer to my question "How do they get so clean when they transform?" Holograms,They project Holograms around their vehicle modes to avoid suspicions.

If you already knew this please dont hate (Haters gonna hate anyway)
    just wanted to inform the unknowing

2. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

Project holograms? Cool!

3. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    I always imagined them having a special metal throughout their body that liquifies and changes shape when they scan a new vehicle mode. I guess this makes more sense though. Where's this info from?

4. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    that IS something that's always bothered me in the movies and in TF: Prime. In bot mode, the car parts are all scratched and dented to hell but in alt mode they look clean, polished and detailed. If what you say is true and they project a hologram of the clean car over an otherwise cybertronian vehicle mode, then they wouldn't have any earth vehicle parts when they are in bot mode. 'Cause what would be the point of continuing the hologram over just their shoulder or chest?

5. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Do you have a link showing where you found your research?

I don't think you realize what little sense your post makes without a link, or some kind of proof.

By scanning and transforming into a vehicle, it makes them a vehicle. If humans are able sit inside them and travel around with them, that makes them vehicles.

It's most likely GM had in their contract that they wanted their cars looking in pristine
    condition.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    This isn't fact, it's speculation and opinion, unless you have a source to back it up.

That being said, it's a cool concept, and I think there's some meat on it. Let's see where this goes.

If hologram technology (or at least some form of image manipulation) is used to cover up dings and scorchmarks, shifting panel lines, and cybertronian tech kibble, does this mean that every Transformer could change their color or texture like a chameleon, or that they could change their outward appearance without reformatting to a new alt-mode? What would the limitations of such an ability be, because it seems strange to use that level of technology just for obscuring dirt while driving.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Seems like a waste of energon. Much more logical is nanobot skin that smooths over dings and scratches when they transform to alt mode, and also seals up transformation separation lines in bodywork and windows. And when they change to robot mode their paintwork just gets scuffed up again, but since they're not in disguise at that moment they don't care about cleaning that up.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Or Autorepair systems that can fix minor dings and blemishes really easily, especially if prioritized to exterior appearance for the purpose of disguise.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going with the crazy idea that they aren't machines as we traditionally think of machines.

With organic life we see that an organism can repair itself to at least to some degree so that you don't have a bleeding scratch until you drop over dead. Since the Transformers are living things I'm guessing they are made up of mechanical cells that function like the cells in organic life forms. Thus you could not just slap a human forged fender on Bumblebee if he got a dent.

Perhaps the act of transforming accelerates the mechanical cells in some way that speeds up the healing of dings and scratches.

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

The auto repair seems to make more sense and more practical, than a hologram. Unless you're Hound.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    These are facts? Or just opinions?

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    While I like this idea it would only seem to work when going to vehicle mode as the TF seem to always be scuffed up in robot mode.

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

tfs do got cybertrion / earth vechs modes

14. zandergb

zandergb Well-Known Member

15. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

This seems more logical.

16. spartan 3764

News Credits:
    What i am saying is based on movie verse style were they have self regenerating molecular armor in which case opens many possibilitys such as the ability to move their armor on a molecular scale there fore explains any bending of armor or it moving to the other half of the vehicle without much attachment they also have the ability to transformer to any previous alt mode that didnt require mechanical work,Bumblebee did this in a comic once ive read many source and just to let you know the movieverse Iron Man somewhat uses a similar technology

17. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I remember when robots were metal-covered men with electrical circuits that could be repaired just like machines.

Now, they're Organisms. Living Organisms with Self Repair Protocols and Binomial Musculature. People wonder why some are so adamant about gender in Transformers: it's because they're so organic everywhere else. Next thing you know, they'll be eating baby food and taking off their robot masks. Robocop.

I really wish they were less Borg and more Iron Giant.

18. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read the questions in the link and it seems more of:

The Transformers can turn back into pristine cars because that was the condition of the car they scanned. So when they turn back into their vehicle modes, the vehicles they scanned were in good condition, so they'll always portray that form, since they're mimicking the vehicle (completely).

Think about it. Bumblebee in the first movie before he upgraded his Camaro AND Megatron in DotM maintained shitty condition in vehicle mode because they were mimicking the vehicle they scanned originally, which were probably already in shit condition.

19. spartan 3764

News Credits:
    thats called transcanning my friend and bumblebee can do what ever the fuck he wants he needed to look like shit to fit in at the car dealership other wise he be way more expensive and Sam would never had bought him fucking the plan up

20. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:

All of these things.

not holograms. That's just stupid.