2.5 Sigma Six leading way for Joe/TF line?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Steevy Maximus, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    A fan dream that has been around has been a Joe/TF line, a toyline where GI Joe characters could realistically interact with a Transformers toy.

With 3.75, that was improbable given size limitations. 3.75 GI Joe vehicles were simply too big to be convertable to a Transformer, while still be a feasible commercial product (ie, not cost a ton to make and sell).

However, Sigma Six is launching a new 2.5" line later this year that focuses heavily on vehicles. 3 inches is the approximate height of a person in 1/24th scale, the same scale seen in Transformers Alternators.

Now, without any 2.5" product available, I have one of the Halo mini figures with me. Comparing to Transformers Alternators, on average, the figure reaches the knee on nearly all the figures.

Without the license cost of Alternators, I can easily see Sigma Six vehicles than transform into Transformers.

Why am I bringing this up now? Well, not only because of the 2.5 line itself, but Transformers is due for a major push through Christmas and into next year with the film. Already, Hasbro has start to expand TFs by the release of Star Wars Transformers, and the coming releases of the Titanium assortments.
    With such a major push, I think it is concievable that to follow up the 2.5 Sigma Six line, a Joe/TF line could be made, and be profitable (ie, $20 for what is currently a $15 release and such). Tieing JOe into TF would be a boon to both lines, IMO

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    If they do a crossover line I hope the Joe Figures look better than the 2.5" Joes they showed at Toyfair, those looked even more like ass than the regular Stigma Sux.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    they considered a crossover line before. there's pics of a single prototype out on the net somewhere.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but back when they originally had the idea they were still making brickfigures. Cause that is one fugly prototype. A new line with current design standards might not be a bad thing, but I agree with Shin Gouki... hopefully they make the Joes look better than the 2.5's we've already seen pictures of. They were ass...

5. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I'd gladly sacrifice a good looking Joe to get a transforming version of GI Joe vehicles. If they have to make cuts anywhere to get things into an acceptable price range, I'd much rather they sacrifice the pack-in figure than the Transformer. Worst case, I throw away the figure and just use the Transformer; I'm pretty used to Transformers with empty passenger compartments by now.

Personally, I think that the Star Wars Transformers are a much more likely inspiration for a GI Joe crossover than the 2.5" Sigma Six guys. The SWTF mini-figure size seems much more reasonable for integration into a Transformer; I just hope that we don't get a robotic Duke piloted by Duke.

6. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really want a Serpent O.R. The new GIJoe vs Transformers III book has made me seriously want one of these. It'd be cool to get a Serpent O.R. with some sort of Decepticon for him to ride in.

Also, they should do a Cobra Commander with a Megatron gun for him to hold. He could come with a Cobra jet that transforms into Starscream.