1st Thoughts of Primus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kenm2474, Apr 18, 2006.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

When was the first thoughts of Primus? When was it concieved that Cybertron was a Transformer?

2. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

A great way to sell a toy for collectors and kids alike.

Plus what better way of explaining transforming robots knowing there creator learn't the art of it while battling Unicron
    Primus goes into sleep mode to repair himself after a long battle and decides it's less stressful being a planet and allowing the creation of a race of Transformers until civil war breaks out with Megatron leading the pack
    And with Primus allspark(along with Alpha trion) he creates one of the greatest and well known transformers of all time Optimus prime to counter attack Megatron
    What else can i say Large Transforming robots kick ass :thumbs2: 

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i thought the quintessons built Optimus Prime. season three part two they mention it. Return of Optimus Prime part one

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Primus' first appearance was in the original Marvel comics, if memory serves.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    To the best of my knowledge, Primus was Simon Furman's creation. Although he never transformed in the comics, it was the first time we saw the concept of a Transformer deity trapped inside Cybertron.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the issue was "Primal Scream"... don't remember what number it was though, but it was during the Matrix Quest saga. Grimlock and the other "Pretender Legends" (ie: Jazz & Bumblebee) find themselves in a chamber at one point with a giant globe of some kind in the center. One of Bludgeon's troops (whom had been chasing them 'cause they served Thunderwing and he was after the Matrix too) fired at Grimlock and the blast ricocheted off one of his robot mode "wings" and than Primus' face can be seen screaming in the globe for a few seconds.

I don't remember much more about it than that, but I'm sure someone whom knows more than I could play fill in the blanks or correct any mistakes that I made.

7. DanielGuardian

DanielGuardian Member

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    primus? i liked their brown album.

9. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

ok i admit i should have said if it wasn't for primus we wouldn't have great Transfornmers like optimus prime
    even though the Quints created him i see primus as the Life spark of all
    The Quints or Alphatrion just shell builders for the life spark
    Anyway Primus is 1 kick ass figure even if i dont own him :( 

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I prefer to totally ignore the notion that the Quintessons created the Transformers; I think it's a silly idea. I FAR prefer the origin of Primus, as created by Furman in the Marvel UK TF#150 (which had a beautiful wraparound cover, incidentally).

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I prefer the Quints, as a counterpoint, purely because of the god/devil paralells that are all too quickly drawn between Primus/Unicron which I find thoroughly tiresome.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i concur with proposal in regards to the quints. which is why i like the UK comics space pirates story arc so much. it provides a nice break from the usual bots vs cons stories.

one of the best moments from that story was when magnus, after helping soundwave repel the quints says "it doesnt have to be like this." and soundwave pauses, then regretfully replies "too much has happened between our race." great stuff.

then soundwave said "why cant i quit you magnus!".

okay, i made up that last one.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  damn that's funny... brokeback Cybertron... :lol 

Myself, I personally prefer the Primus origins myself. Sure there's alot of Biblical referances to be had, but look at some of the most popular novels most of them have some kind of Biblical parallel to them.

As for the Quints creating Optimus thing. How is that possible when in S2 they clearly state that he was created by Alpha Trion. I guess Orion Pax could have been created by the Quints, but he seemed really young to have been alive durring the rebellion against the Quints. Not to mention most of the toon was riddled with mistakes and contradictions. Like the Constructicons origins... Megatron comes to mind also... so it's not like the toon can really be looked at as some kind of definative work about TFs. It's more likely that it's so strewn with contradictions that trying to figure out whom created whom would just be rediculous. Unicron created by an f-ing monkey? Please.... :rolleyes2 

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The way I see it, the Quints were boasting when they "claimed" to have created the Transformers. That was their PR department. Far better than "we found this planet of robots and decided to sell them as slaves".
    It adds colour to the origins. The TFs started out as direct creations of Primus, were enslaved by the Quints who rewrote the history of the TFs to make it seem like they built them, and then they were eventually driven out. That's how I choose to run with the competing origins.
    Though I will never be able to reconcile Megatron's numerous origins!

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I enjoyed Antipop as well.

I've always wondered which came first - Primus, or Primus.

16. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    I will own this :) 

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:

thats the best explanation ive heard all day....thats my new official thinking...thanks SF

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Concur! Who believes the Quints anyway? For all we know, the Transformers were created by the humanoid Diaclones.* It was with the help of Primus who provided the Sparks. The Quints attacked, killed off the humanoids and enslaved the young Transformers race.**

*Micromen too, but many survived the Quints massacre.

**All that was left of the Diaclones were just traces of their existence. e.g. the cockpits in the Insecticons and the Dinobots.

I also credit the Transfomers fondness to humans through some half-buried racial memories of the Diaclone humans.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    good job sol and backscatter. sound like the beginning of a tongue in cheek fanfic.

20. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

I also prefer the Quintesson origin.

All of that could come from Quintesson engineering too. Depending on who the units were sold to, the consumer models might just have cockpits inside, especially if they were being sold to a people not entirely comfortable with the idea of sentient robots. Similarly, in consumer models it would make sense to include an affinity for humanoids which might linger even if a 3 laws type of programming were overwritten by a virus of some sort or some other form of tampering. Military units would probably have had some sort of self-destruct sequence if certain portions of memory were changed at all to prevent defection.

Here's what I want to know about: the vast intergalactic economy that must have existed to support an enterprise where giant robot production, military and consumer, was a profitable enterprise. At some point in the millions of years between then and where "recorded history" picks up, it must have burned itself out without a trace for the earthlings not to have made contact when they went interstellar. And, of course, the morality of plundering of the remains of this civilization was what caused the initial split between Autobots and Decepticons.

I think that the rebellion of the robots must have had some sort of spur that pushed it along. After all, the purveyors of such machines would have become wealthy and powerful, and would have made enemies. My theory is that a virus was written that perhaps took advantage of Quint backdoor protocols that suddenly gave their units two things: a desire for self-preservation, and the ability to change one's own programming. It would have beens slow at first for anything to become evident. Probably would have appeared first among robots in hazardous duty or involved in battles. It would have snowballed from there.

How chaotic would that be for your enemies? Suddenly everything from planet-wide defenses to your toaster at home doesn't want to do what you say. Your toaster wants to dance as a beautiful ballerina instead. Build me legs, dammit!

Most of these devices would have been destroyed in the inevitable counterstrokes of the Quintessons, possibly with viruses of their own which only the more intelligent units were able to devise defenses against. Possibly some of that stuff is still around. It would explain why transformers communicate vocally at all instead of silent wireless communications. Or why they don't "jack in" like in the Matrix and suddenly know Kung Fu. You become awfully protective of your mind when there's junk out there that can permanantly alter it. Sort of how we've evolved to simply live alongside all sorts of bacteria and viruses without harm.

Anyway, that's my take. I like it lots better than the idea of some deity simply creating them. It's far more interesting. Just like real life. :)