Minor/Repaint: 1st stages of w.i.p. on bludgeon

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Alloy Alchemist, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

Heres a quick snap shot of my bludgeon w.i.p. , I only picked this guy up cuz, 1. I LOVE me sum transformer tanks and 2. I need more g-1-ish decepticons. So with that said,I was also never a "pretender transformer" fan nor do I like bright orange on a bad ass 'con....sooooo first thing to paint over was the gay ass orange parts and yes I know this is one of this charecters orginal colors is orange but whatever, I also trimed his feet back so they are not so claw-ish(still need to paint those). Also looking to do a head swap on this guy, cuz as we all know the one that comes on this guy SUCKS! I have a spare mp skywarp head that I might use or maybe something else if I can find something I like better among my parts fodder. Nowhere near done with the paint apps just had lay down some good base colors to cover up the orange....tell me what you think? what head would you use and please no suggestions of a skull related head,just looks silly to me

Attached Files:

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Well, the obvious solution here seems to be to keep him as "Bludgeon", but base your mods on the G1 toy's core robot, who of course, was the one who transformed into a green tank anyway.

His secondary colour was a brownish purple, which could look very Decepticon-ish. For a head, a humanoid face with a triangular visor over the eyes (Jazz style) would be pretty much accurate to Bludgeon. If you wanted to go more military, a head from Universe Dropshot would probably look alright, though not terribly "samurai". Hypothetically, it should be easy to make a triangular visor for pretty much any TF with a face anyway.

zmog

3. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:

So, let me get this straight. You say you need some more G1-ish Decepticons, but you go and change the main color that makes this toy anything like a G1 character, then you say something stupid like calling a color gay?

It seems you were born with an extra chromosome and there's no helping you.

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I think he just wants a more muted colour. Such bright colours do often seem a bit garish on otherwise 'realistic' altmodes.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Use a 2002 MOTU Skeletor head with the Bludgeon helmet

6. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Kind of contradictory when he says he wants more G1 characters but not in their actual colors. Might as well not even use characters that are G1 to begin with.

7. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

Well i guess i touched a nerve or two with this post,to me Bludgeon was never a g-1 character(to my knowledge was 1st in the pretender line,which is not g-1 to me)

I was thinking more like a new take on brawl....like smog suggested or open to positive input...

and to me personally bright orange is not very mean/scary

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I think some folks are overreacting. Giving a new movie-style figure a G1 makeover, and disliking overly bright "G1" colours are not mutually exclusive ideas. I personally like the orange in ROTF Bludgeon's design, though I couldn't explain why... it is pretty bright.

I still say replace the orange with muddy red-brown, swap in a new head, and make him "inner-robot Bludgeon". :) 

zmog

9. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Mkay

Cause you know, it's not like bad guys have bright colors or anything. :crazy: 

No response

Yeah, we also all know orange is a gay as color. Oh wait, no we don't.