Heavy/Scratch: 1st Heavy Mod Constructicons Complete

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by shotokandragon, Nov 10, 2008.

1. shotokandragon

shotokandragon Well-Known Member

Well I guess I said I would be done to unveil my Devastator on Halloween, but I figure it would be fitting that I would have it done on my birthday:bday  instead.
    Again props go out to Ptitvite, Frenzy_Rumble, and all those who helped with suggestions and compliments.
    This is mostly repaint and minor mods on the team, my only dillema was what kind of green I would paint these guys. In the end (it doesn't show very well with the pics...bad lighting) it ended up close to neon green. But I'm very happy on how it turned out.
    Devastator will be up later tonight.
    Enjoy guys:) 

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

very nice

3. sammc4

sammc4 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cool! i look forward to seeing devastator!

4. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    Why does everyone use the same figures? My Devastator is goimg to comprise of:
    - Armada Scavenger
    - Universe Heavyload
    - Energon Roadblock
    The rest are the same

5. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    One thing is that your devastator's porotions will be WAYYYYYYYY off.

Otherwise Very nice.

6. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Wooow!!!!! I'm really looking foward to see this one. Really amazed. Similar vehicles but everyone's Devastator's special in their own way.

7. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

mixmaster looks sweeeet, great job

8. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

really like your mix master. good job.

9. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    This may work if you could find three more Voyager class figures to bash into the other members of the the team. I have been pondering this same idea myself for some time now.

10. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

you should use cybertron mudflap for hook, he would be prportionately better. and if you are going for that size of robots i would suggest energon landmine for bonecrusher, armada prime (the big one) with a few mods could be an easy long haul, and cyb scattorshot (the big one) with some mods would be a good scavenger.

personally i am sticking with the deluxe sized bots, i think they will fit in better with the rest of the classics/universe.

and the best answer for your question is that we havn't seen a better choice of bots both in style and proportions than ptivites.

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Very impressive work... I'm noticing a lot of small but significant areas that you did some bashing for the connector parts, etc...

The thing I find a little odd is that you went into so much detail and made great efforts on many fronts (particularly with the combining), but didn't bother to alter the figures' heads to resemble the traditional depictions of the Constructicons... which leaves characters like Scrapper, Long Haul and others looking more like repaints of the existing molds, than reborn Constructicons.

A minor caveat. Overall, excellent work!

zmog

12. Blunticus

Blunticus Combiner

I just got Mudflap as the TFTM reissue, and after playing with him for awhile, there's so much you could do with him. I thank he would make an awewsome upper torso.

13. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it isn't broke, don't fix it I guess.

They all look great. I look forward to Devastator.

14. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Looking good :) 
    I have to agree with Smog here as it would be nice to see some new head sculpts. Paint seems nice but the pics are kinda dark. I really love what you came up with Mixmaster but I can't figure out how he's gonna be a leg. As for what StuntPrime35 said about using other molds... I could'nt figure out how to keep humanoid proportions using these figs with what I had in mind. Also, Armada Scavenger really did'nt make it for me. As to Cyb Mudflap, I have tried alot of configurations and decided to drop him. The devastator I did took me about 1 year of trial and error and about 6 months to achieve. Choices of used toys and discussions of different ideas were also discussed on my Devastator thread. I have seen custom Dev's that used Armada Scavenger and looked great but it was not representing the G1 Devastator that I have been wanting all my childhood.

Edit:
    Wanna see a Dev using Deluxe and Voyager size? Look here at a custom made by DendrakeDarkenz on Seibertron

15. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

i was planning on using him for my dev, but he just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of them, too big and its difficult to find a configuration that would fit, ptvites link is a good example of what the wrong mix of bots can do, it would look awsome if the bots looked like they fitted together,

personally i have made 2 custome moulds so far but the others will be pritty standard.

I think all the heads look fine apart from scrappers, but if you add a face mask it would look good

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Very clean paintjob.

17. Mr Ray

Mr Ray Well-Known Member

Looks like he has done something simlr as frenzy_rumble as there are no legs in alt mode.

18. shotokandragon

shotokandragon Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for C & C's. In reply to Smog and Ptitvite's comments, I would have loved to alter the heads in some way to resemble the original constructicons, but I decided to make them just repaint and concentrate more on connectors and Devastator.
    I also should have apologize for the dark pics, I just have only time and funds to take them at night, I would have really liked to take them during the day to take advantage of all the good light but I figured my boys crawling all over the place I'm sure they would have knocked down my Devastator.

19. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Most of us bashers do some more alterations to our stuff some time later...you'll see ;) 

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

oh he does. ;)