1st GH2 Downloadable Songs for 360?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DevilzFan, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thought had crossed my mind.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

The price is quite disappointing. If it were all those songs for that 1 price, it would be a different story.

:( 

Devz sad.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I'll pick and choose, so far Pack 1 looks to be the only one from this set. I'm not even going to complain about the price, its a bit much but they probably have to pay another licensing fee for the songs as well as a kickback to the record labels since the songs are actually being sold.

I still need to get better since I'm still pretty sad at medium.

4. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I'd jump on these if it were 5 or 6 songs per pack. $1 / song isn't so bad, personally. $2 / song, on the other hand, is nuts.

5. miraisoup

miraisoup Well-Known Member

I hope they dont just constantly re-hash GH 1 into their song list of 2, that would blow. They need to bring out some REALLY difficult stuff like Dragonforce or Children Of Bodom.

6. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I get tired just listening to Dragonforce. It's fun stuff, but overwhelming.

7. miraisoup

miraisoup Well-Known Member

Seriously man, its sooo fast, just imagine putting something like Fury of the Storm into Guitar Hero. Wow.

8. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Man that sucks. A lot of my excitement with the 360 GH was that they'd be able to release all the GH1 songs through XBL. Shit if I applied myself I could probably get a used PS2 with a copy of GH1 and a PS2 guitar for less than it would cost to download all the cover songs and bonus songs from GH1.

Very very poor choice on MS' part. Hopefully that number will drop when they get a lot of complaints and see that not many people are willing to spend MORE on a non-tangible download when you can get a disc with all that on there for 20 less brand new.

9. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I just picked up the game myself, and I must say this is disappointing. I'm really hoping these don't sell well, forcing whoever is responsible to lower the prices to a more reasonable level. I won't, however, be holding my breath for that.

10. Rokkit 2.0

Rokkit 2.0 Nay, we are but men.

Too much.

Some friends I know are addicted to GH though. They'll probably end up shelling out some of the money.

11. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    since they've already released these packs theres litte chance the price will go down any time soon, but hopefully they'll look into getting sponsors for future packs so they can release them cheapers.

Honestly, record companies should be bending over backwards to get free songs into this game because if a free track went up EVERYONE would download it and they'd instantly earn new fans of whatever artist it is.

12. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Here's my thing, I already have GH2 for the PS2. Maybe I should just wait till October/November for the recently announced GH3 and get that (hopefully when they've fixed all the fuck ups).

Ridge Racer 6 has songs for sale on the Marketplace. There are about 40 songs, 80 points for each song and an average size of 50MB per song. Kind of overprice for a game that isn't even based on music. ...and how the hell are these song 50MB a piece.

13. BigPrime3000

My understanding of the MS Points system is that developers and publishers can only go as far as to suggest how much downloadable content should cost. MS has the final and only say as to how much they actually will cost. Not an unusual business model, but I really suspect that MS has been jerking people around and raising prices beyond what the developers are saying they should cost.

All I know is I haven't bought a single one of the song packs that they've released, but I'd easily spend $30-$40 as fast as I could confirm the download to get all 30 of the original GH tracks.

So basically M$ = teh ev1l!!1!111!.

14. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

me too! me tooooooooo!

Just a heads up, and for whatever it's worth, based on a post in here http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=18409&p=9 Harmonix is saying that they are monitoring the various forums and online petition here http://www.petitiononline.com/GHIIDLC/petition.html . They apparently had nothing to do with the pricing of the DLC.

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One part of me says "woo, go Harmonix!"

The other part says "wait, does that mean they'd actually be able to do anything about it...? :( "

Still, somewhat reassuring. :D 

16. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/780/780816p2.html

But I signed an online petition. AN ONLINE PETITION!

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The Harmonix monitoring DLC costs is likely a measure to stop themselves shooting themselves in the mouth for the DLC of Rock Band. I assume they want to kick the ass of GHIII et al.

And I really hope they do.

18. BigPrime3000

So when we get new songs is it gonna be 1000 MS points for 3 songs or what? Cause I'm already killing myself by not downloading the GH1 songs, but I may as well just return the shit right now if I'm not going to be able to download the new songs as well.