1986 Transformers The Movie - What would you have done differerntly

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by trence5, Sep 4, 2012.

1. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

If this has been posted before, mod, please delete or, good people just ignore. If you could change one thing or many things about the 1986 movie, what would you have done(storyline wise or else) differently?

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

movie? nothing, i like it as is. but it could of been done better at the series level.

it should of had a lead up to. episodes maybe introducing some of the new characters in it would of been nice, or just had an episode of the autobots building the city. or planning it. or something.

and then after the movie, it could of been better if they had the balls to KEEP optimus dead, and continue to build rodimus as a character. and a leader. rather then just throwing him away in return, and rebirth.

season 3 up until optimus prime's return, *although i do like the episode* was amazing. new characters, a villain that was far more evil then megatron was ever. and a much bigger threat. we had an entire episode with the decepticons only, and no autobots in it! i liked that one! it was just galvatron, cyclonus and i believe scourge. i forget which episode it was. but i loved this one! it might of had one or two autobots in it though, i forget. but it was based mostly on the decepticons. and it expanded more on that the decepticons are "human" or characters too. not just plain evil. they had depth to them.

so i would not change the movie. but i would change season 2 and 4, to fit in more with what the movie created. instead of completely ignoring it in season 2, and in season 4, tossing everything it had created away for "new toys" and because optimus had to come back.

sure bring him back. that would of been fine. IF they turned him then into a mentor character. like alpha trion was to optimus!

rodimus should of still remained leader!

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'll have to have a further ponder on this, but a few things that spring immediately to mind are better including Snarl and not having Blaster just vanish during the second attack on Autobot City. Also confirm who became who regarding reformats into Cyclonus and Scourge and feature a fuller 'Armada', maybe even showing it get destroyed so it's not around for season three. Or just remove the 'Armada' thing completely.

Maybe, and this is for no reason other than I think it would be secret fun, a little hint that Metroplex is at the centre of Autobot City, with Arcee running along a high interior walkway with Metroplex's face laid down below as she goes to the controls to transform Autobot City. Not a full-on clear view of his face or people might think the city is going to turn into a robot during the movie, but just a shadowy hint he's hidden in there for fans to notice.

4. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

I put trainbots , six shot , quickswitch and
    optimus prime reborn in into power master oprmus prime

5. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

I would say get rid of the quents(same them for seasons 3,4)
    Have a short film at the start showing hot rod and the rest coming to earth maybe in Skylinx and they have plains for metroplex shown then the date 1986 is shown as it fades to black.The battle at autobot city wound be longer with two teams of cons attacking,Megatron and the rest on the shuttle and the two other combiner teams form the tv show, lead by the Predacons and a few more new cons plus con city. Metroplex does transform to a robot a lil after prime gets there(prime still dies or does he as at the end power master prime gets up off a table like he was just made)Megatron still turns into Galvatron and kills starscream. They still meet up with wheelie, and the junkyions and shockwave lives.

6. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

More deaths.

7. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nothing

8. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

No junkion dance scene. And give Wheeljack more than just a quick shot of him dead on the floor.

9. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Two things and basically the same: the post Optimus-Megatron leader fights.

Ultra Magnus just stands there trying to open the matrix when earlier he claimed he wasn't worthy. I would like to see him more active as a warrior (starting by him doing something visible during the Autobot city siege). Make Ultra Magnus more like he was in Five faces, fighting of Sweeps and Cyclonus until Galvatron rips him apart personally.

Similarly, Hot Rod had a bigger fight with Galvatron than Rodimus Prime. (Actually, Hot Rod fights Galvatron so well that I started to wonder why Galvatron was so special.) Wish that was more of a fight instead of just blocking some strikes and tossing Galvatron away.

10. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

First off, luv this movie... it's my fav animated film of all time.

but i would have changed acouple things, starting with the autobot shuttle going to earth. I would have allowed Prowl (before dying) to kill Viewfinder, IronHide & Ratchet would kill Spectro & Spyglass also (atleast this would explain there absence & add more death & destruction to the film). Hide, Brawn & Ratchet would still die in the same way but atleast now they've taken acouple con's with them. Snarl would have been with the Dinobots through the entire movie (it made no since that he wasn't) & i would have made it clear that Shockwave died during Unicron's attack of Cybertron. Other bots would have made cameo appearences during the battle on earth, such as: Huffer, Gears, Skids (whom all would have died in a run for your life attempt after the Decepticons fled the Autobot shuttle), Jetfire/Skyfire (would have rained fire down upon several con's, damaging them in his jet mode... while Mirage would be shown shooting con's out of the air turning visible & invisible again. During the last battle, more con's would have made cameo's... like the stunticons fleeing the scene as Unicron smashes different areas of Cybertron, the Combaticons combining into Bruticus & firing all weapons at Uni & several Decepticon transports escaping the planet. Galvatron would have really put a beating on Hot Rod (to make the scene even more dramatic) & Red Alert, Beachcomber would have been killed during the acid bath scene inwhich Jazz, Cliff, Spike & Bee escaped with the help of Daniel.

All the other bots i left out would have pop'd up in season 3 of the G1 series, either during a flashback (explaining there absence) or as a cast regular.

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd redo it using the story boards and some elements of early scripts like the Ani-Bots. I too would have liked to see Optimus Prime upgraded to Powermaster Prime and let him to be the one who defeated Unicron. Better yet, Hot Rod would listen to Kup about it being "Prime's fight". Also, if a Decepticon got destroyed or reformatted, he wouldn't appear later in the film untouched.

12. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This. Love it the way it is. :) 

Though Gingerchris raises some good points, most of which I concur with.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    A better marketing campaign and theatre coverage, that's for damn sure.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Don't forget poor Snarl!

15. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Kill Snarl so there's a reason he's not there

Have the Reflector guys become the Sweeps instead of the Insecticon Clones

Remove the bit about Cyclonus' Armada

Keep Wheeljack alive, as originally intended

Keep the part with Tracks, Sideswipe, Red Alert, and Ultra Magnus dealing with the Constructicons

Have Blaster, Wheeljack, and the other surviving Autobots (Sunstreaker, Hound, Silverstreak, Sideswipe, Tracks, Grapple, whoever else) have their storyline with saving the Earth from exploding or whatever as originally intended

Have Shockwave, Trailbreaker, Mirage, Gears, Red Alert, and whoever else die as originally intended

Make Wheelie less annoying

Keep the parts of the Optimus/Decepticon fight where Astrotrain, Skywarp and Starscream attack him at once, Blitzwing comes back down to attack him, and Dirge tackles him to the ground

16. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

Let the original Transformers be in their own movie and not kicked out so early. ;) 

17. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Cosmos and Dirge would share the matrix.

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll have to give this some thought, though there's a lot I would do differently. It's a good movie as is. It definitely captures the essence of 80s sci-fi action heroism, but even so, there's things I would change.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

Something I'm sure Hasbro would agree with, don't kill Optimus Prime.

20. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

Indeed, if they could turn back time, lol.