1986 tf: movie question.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, May 16, 2006.

1. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

what is the so called TF: movie RECONSTRUCTED on ebay?.. it says with more footage... what does it mean?.. uncut? added footage?

and I know this has been asked before... but I couldn't find it with the search engine.. IS there a Widescreen version of the TF:movie?

thanks

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    No idea what this "RECONSTRUCTED" version is, but the movie was "re-mastered" on DVD but there is no extra footage out there. At all. Anywhere.

Some people say there is a widescreen version out there, but it's just a misconception - the way it was "filmed" so to speak just had like a quarter of an inch on both sides cut out compared to what was being shot. Not your traditional "full screen" which purposely moves the camera to the center of the action thus cropping out the "wide" part of it.

So in short, no widescreen, no extra secret hidden footage. Storyboards yes, but not footage.

3. helix

helix Well-Known Member

sorry but there IS a reconstructed version - i have it in front of me.
    there are some new scenes but nothing mega different too be honest. also the "cut outs" you mention are put back in to give the fuller picture.
    also some of the sounds have been changed or enhanced (for example optimus's rifle sounds different when he is shooting the decepticons prior to his fight with megatron).

is it worth getting? only if you dont yet have a copy of the film or are very curious.

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To clarify - TFTM: RECONSTRUCTED was released by Metrodome, the UK company handling Transformers DVDs. The "reconstructed" label refers to modification made to the picture to reveal addition animation around the edges of the screen, showing more footage than before. There are no extra scenes or sequences in the film, just this.

The sound, however, is the work of Magno Sound, the same liars who did the Rhino 5.1 audio tracks, adding extra sound effects and then claiming they were always there.

5. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good in depth review, but I have no desire to buy this "reconstructed" version for what I precieve to be minor differences.

You know, I don't think Hasbro is bright enough, but Hasbro should have the movie redone as a "director's cut" edition. How hard would it really be to animate the storyboards that have lately appeared on the Net and include these additional scenes to show the movie as it was first meant to be shown. Release this in conjunction with the 2007 release and I think they could make a fortune. Will this ever happen? I doubt it.

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Hasbro arn't bright enougth to spend a load of money animating more scenes for a 20 year old film that bombed on release, has a minor cult following at best and would be utterly inpenetrable to the audience that the new movie is targeted at?

Thank gawd for that.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay destroy my daydream, it's okay.:D