1986 movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by vamtim, Mar 3, 2009.

1. vamtim

vamtim New Member

Hi there,

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right forum so apologies if not,
    could anyone here tell me what alternate versions of the 86 movie there are and what DVD releases these alternate versions have, does anyone know if a full 4.3, 35 mm master exists anymore, if so are there plans to release a DVD of it any time soon, what is the truest to the original u.k release on DVD?

Many thanks,
    Tim.

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    their seem to be 3 major edits out their. one that has the Oh Sh*T line edited out and two that don't. sadly the cheap one seems to be the edited out one

IMO go with the Transformers - The Movie Reconstructed its got both the original UK edit and the US one plus you've got the unremasted copy on their as well I think so that's the best option IMO

Oh and the Reconstructed copy comes packed on its own and with the huge box set that also has all the G1 episodes with it (thats what I got)

3. vamtim

vamtim New Member

Thanks a lot for your help. my freind has several versions on DVD with various sound mixes and all in varying states of degradation, what interested me the most though was the star wars style text isn't in one version and the voice over isn't in another, my freind also has two different copies on vhs one being the original 1987 uk release and the other a 2000 release, my freind a lifelong transformer fan had never noticed that there were different edits until I pointed it out to him now it's rekindled an affection for transformers in me I won a vintage G1 Megatron toy on Ebay yesterday and can't wait to get my hands on it,
    Thanks again,
    Tim.

4. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    There is so many I hurt thinking about it.....

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The first UK release on DVD from Sony Wonder ages ago with Maverick was quite a decent version. I have several releases of the film on DVD but I always seem to just take that one from my shelf to watch. Maybe it's the little featurette with the toys at the start or the video of the swearing over and over that help add entertainment for me. :) 

6. firetruckprime

firetruckprime Autobot

Netflix has the movie on DVD (it is number one on my new list).

7. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    if you buy the new Ani Prime it comes w/ a DVD so you can get the movie and a Prime to kick your Megs around.