1985 canada pepsi prime info

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by canadian jake, Feb 26, 2009.

1. canadian jake

canadian jake New Member

i have a '85 gen 1 canada pepsi prime, lookin for info on its rarity and value.any ifo would be a great help.
    thanks

2. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

this is my specialty. :D 

At first, it was a promotion piece from pepsi. you had to either match 2 halves of prime from cover liners, or an instant win cap. A few grocery stores who sold pepsi had recieved a few as store prizes, but it seems like in larger centers, IGA stores had them in enough quantity that they actually SOLD them.

I sell reproduction stickers. Not many pics at all of a full complete pepsi prime, and alot of people are snookered into a "complete" prime but don't realize that the trailer door has it's own sticker as well ( also full sized)which is often missing, with only a plain door.

everything else is the same, even the box is the same as a regular issue.

price fluxuates between $200 loose to $700 loose. and i've seen MISB canandian prime only once, go for over $2000. but $400-$500 seems standard.

oh, and VERY RARE. Alot of people ripped the sticker off, becuase the original prime stripe was still underneath.

3. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I have gotten complete ones (x3) for less than $100. I know they are legit and not repro labels. $200 is too high and $700 is absurd for a loose one.

4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

good for you.

i've seen with my own eyes these sell for that much, so it's not bull shit, and i have 2 myself. theres even a guy on the rhino G1 box set extras at botcon talking about one, and how much he was offered, and he turned down,
    I've personally SOLD one for $400

5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I wasn't trying to brag, I was just saying I have seen them for less than $200 on a regular basis (although they were usually missing the gas pump and 1 missile). I don't think I have ever seen a loose one come go for $400 let alone $700. Boxed ones I have seen go for around $300, and a sealed one went for like $800 (this a while ago).