??????

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by djmagic, Aug 17, 2008.

1. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

i'm kind of new to collecting. Now question is when it says MISB is it new/ never opened or did they just reseal the box?

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MISB means mint in shipping box - basically means its brand new. MIB is mint in box - which means the toy at one point was loose/played with/displayed and placed back in the box.

with my experience whenever someone states MISB its a safe bet it has never been opened or touched. would take a lot for some to keep the box and twist ties and seal it all back up to label as MISB, most people don't but can happen, that's how it goes.

but you shouldn't have a problem.

3. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

MISB = Mint In Sealed Box - The box should be factory sealed, never been opened.

MIB = Mint In Box - The box is not sealed. The box could be resealed.

4. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

It also depends on the person who's selling the item I've bought quite a few that were MISB from different sellers but the items were opened, also there's the times when the item's tape's glue stopped sticking. The best way to find out is to ask the person, that's if they don't mention it in the listing of course

5. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

lol, some sellers don't have a clue what MIB or MISB means but it sure sounds good! If you are a MISB collector then I suggest you be very careful when buying on ebay. I mostly buy loose/used toys so as long as the item is as advertized it's no big deal but you are in a totally different category.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Some sellers have a different view of MISB; they use it to describe (for example) a G1 toy that has had its box opened but is still sealed in its bubble. Watch out for that too.

7. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

ok thanks guys cause. I should be ok cause i'm going to go after the alternators/binaltechs for now