17 Year Old Girl Arrested For Cursing At A 911 Operator To Help Dying Father

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cheetatron, May 7, 2009.

1. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    omfg !!!!!! what a stupid thing to arrest someone for , even more so under the circumstances

3. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Dumbass, he father was DYING and you complain about SWEARING?!

4. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Not the best time to enforce the King's English, dude.

Honestly, if I was a 911 operator, I'd EXPECT swearing and panic and all that.

5. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    You have got to be kidding me...ya know...in the heat of a moment like that...you may swear! But the fact he hung up that many times...and than tried to play it off like she hung up on him, THAN arrested her. Is complete bullshit! I mean, he calls her a stupid ass? And never asks what was wrong. WOW. I'd say they deserve more than a huge settlement, he needs more punishment if anything, he practically acted as if nothing was wrong and was more concerned she was swearing. He is getting off light if all he got was 2 weeks without pay and additional training. He know's he did wrong, which is why he won't comment. He definately should lose his job as a 911 operator. I'd be afraid to see him on the street when someone is getting shot at. *imagines a victim getting shot and victim starts swearing, while the cop goes, "look, stop swearing you stupid ass, or I will arrest you! Meanwhile the perp gets away clean.*

Cudos to you sir for failing to do your job. Cudos!

6. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    This. I was a head dispatcher for over 3 years, and that's just part of the package. Whoever his supervisor needs reprimanded too, I'd wager. Rarely does behavior like that occur spontaneously. He probably has a stack of writeups in his folder.

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, there was two pig headed people. The cop was much worse- I can't believe he would just hang up on someone no matter the profanity. The girl should have swallowed her pride though and talked nice after learning this guy was obviously not going to put up with any amount of swearing for her Father's sake, and then reported the cop.

8. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    yeah I heard about this and it is very ridiculous *sigh*

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say that...she started off fine the second time and he called her a stupid ass. If anything, not only his comment, but his hanging up was enducing more swearing. It isn't her responsibility in that situation to watch her mouth, it was the cops for 1, needing to put up with it, and 2...an emergency situation is his responsibility to assist. I don't blame the girl 1 bit...

10. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I would like to punch that operator out.

11. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Isn't prioritizin' such fun, when you add some obliviousness/hypocricy to it? :rolleyes: 

12. george tremarco

george tremarco Well-Known Member

What an absolutely worthless piece of shit. Seriously.

The call opens with him already flipped into arrogant prick mode all because he caught the tail end of a curse word mouthed by someone waiting to be connected. He knew it could not have been directed him but nevertheless he made a decision he react with extreme hostility and absolute malicious disregard for the emergency which he is supposedly being paid to deal with in a professional manner.

Then to arrest her?

I've worked in enough call centre/helpline type jobs to know that simply swearing at a caller in the way in which he did, regardless of the callers language, directed at you or not (in this case it wasn't even), is usually enough to guarantee you losing your job And that's in comparatively less 'important' roles than and emergency operator. 2 weeks suspended without pay is a joke.

13. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

The PC brigade strikes again. Bunch of fuckin assholes.

14. jqciaomama

jqciaomama LD Master

Ebay:
    :wtf:  Are you F*cking serious?

Why are people so ....

nevermind.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I wish I were their lawyer. They gettin them a good movie check.

But yeah, what an unbelievable ass. To arrest her to top it all off. Icing on the cake. I LOVE the charge though. Disorderly conduct, what in her own house for swearing? Classic.

16. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

in all honesty i don't see nothing wrong with swearing in general so long as the person doing the swearing is not directing it at a actual person or calling anyone names for that matter

i swear all the time just to blow of steam or when i wind up with a cut finger while kitbashing or a banged up kneecap while walking the seocnd of the 2 is especially painful since i have a set of cracked kneecaps

so long as there aint any ethnic raciel slurrs in it i see nothing wrong with swearing in general and if a kid happens to hear it well lets be honest people if they dont hear it from one of us they pcik it up from the parents an aunt or uncle or cousin eventually

its a part of growing up as it were in that regard

17. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? This guy didn't gave a c*** that this girl's dad was dying, but cared that she was cussing!? This guy should be sent to jail instead!

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I'm not going to defend that ass of a cop or anything. Just sayin' I would have realized this guy was the dick he is and do what I needed to help my loved one in danger, even if I had to force myself to fake calmness.

19. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

:throw 

Come ON. How... why... GAH. There are no words for my horror, disgust and anger.

20. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    That is a little pathetic i mean the girls father was dying have a little respect esp in Detrot there should be cussing 911 calls all the time