15th Anniversary of Beast Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dragontron88, Feb 5, 2010.

1. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Its coming up, and I was wondering if Hasbro will do anything for it. They did for the tenth. I'm hoping for accurate Transmetal reissues. Maybe we'll finally see TM Ravage stateside? Hopefully we learn something at Botcon?

2. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    It's a little early to start thinking about the 15th Anniversary, don'tcha think?

But if it does happen...they'd better release Rattrap in his season 1 mold.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    They probably won't do anything. If they do, they'll repaint the 10th anniversary figs to look "more screen accurate", and not do anything about their shell-former moulds.

4. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BW came out in '96, right? Not really that early.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Hasbro actually planned on releasing X-9 stateside for the 10th anniversary, but Takara couldn't find the mold.

6. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might be a bit early, but I'll be looking forward to it nevertheless. Even if it's just repaints. They could reissue Primal and Megatron Transmetals in non-GPS plastic (especially Megatron).

If there's any new mold, I'd like Airazor. Heck they can just re-release Airazor with better paint apps.

7. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I thought that mold was lost/destroyed? I could of sworn that's what I read over at Seibertron a few years ago.

8. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Even though it'd be nice - I honestly can't see us getting a 15th Anniv BW line. As Chopperface said, it'll probably just be Primal, Megs, Cheetor, Waspy etc. with slightly different paint aps. But then again, How many slightly different versions of Primal, Megs etc. does someone need to own? :lol 

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I ask that of the movie Bumblebee mold...

10. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

There will be no reissue Rattrap, Terrorsaur or Airrazor as far as I know since those molds were lost/destroyed.

11. Timelord Megs

Timelord Megs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's both a new cartoon and a third live action movie coming out next year. There's not a chance in hell that Beast Wars will get any real recognition. Nor should there be. An anniversary line for it now would be doomed to failure, given the direction that the franchise is going in. I would rather they waited until 2016 and then do a proper large anniversary line with new molds, than blow it on a repaint line now. 90's nostalgia should be a profitable thing by then and it might then have a chance of succeeding.

Now, there's a very slim chance that they might fit a BW character or two into the Generations subline, but only if it lasts long enough. If the line is canceled for movie 3 (as seems likely) then there's no chance of that either, as they've already said in the Q&A's that they "have no plans at this time" for any BW characters, and their "plans" usually extend to over a year in advance of what we publicly know.

Really, the best bet for any remakes of BW characters at this point is for them to be recycled into a future cartoon like in Animated. And even then it seems unlikely given that all signs point to the next cartoon being the long awaited (somewhat) remake of G1 that eveyone's been begging for...

12. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, it really will have been 5 years since BWX...it's crazy how time flies.

I myself don't see them doing an all-out anniversary line like they did with BWX whether it be dominated by repaints as BWX was or if they were to use new molds. However, we did just last year get the first true new BW molds since the end of the BW toyline (don't forget that BWX Primal and Megatron are really Cybetron toys) in the form of Universe Cheetor and Dinobot. Since we're apparently seeing some kind of return of Universe this year ("Transformers" or Generations, whatever it will be), however, I can see them sneaking in a BW character or two, just as how they fit Blackarachnia and Waspinator into Animated.

13. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my opinion, not nearly enough. Movie Bumblebee has more releases per year than Primal has ever had, probably. :D 

14. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

new mold of Rhinox, Rattrap (first version) and Terrosaur

15. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Um, I need at least one! I already missed the 10th anniversary, so any new Primals or Megs would be great.

If they either re-release (again) the old toys or make something completely new (unlikely, but still...), I'd be a happy camper :) . Sadly, it seems chances are slim.

16. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Thats strange, it was used as Tigertron for Botcon, wonder if thats what happenedto the mold.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm guessing the seemingly lukewarm sales of the 10th anniversary line and Universe Cheetor and Dinobot means Hasbro won't do much for the 15th. I'd love to be wrong though.

18. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    A nice BW anniversary gift they could do is release BWII and Neo with a few of their toys. I know most are repaints or shellformers, but still, its a little original...

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'd still welcome a release of the Cyborg Beasts (maybe in a new color) and I also really like a repaint of Tigerhawk, TM Rampage & TM2 Megatron.

If we are talking about new Molds - then a Leader class TM Megatron would be my choice.

20. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I don't know why, but I imagined a Masterpiece TM Megatron when I read that :p