15 year old killed by police over pellet gun.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zero Prime, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

He wasn't killed because of the pellet gun.

He was shot because he was foolish enough to point it at a SWAT member.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

And the stupidity of the current Teenage generation continues to not surprise me at all.

4. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    What a shame. What's the phrase..."police assisted suicide"? The boy had no intention of doing anything but dying. Only 15.

I hope the parents don't try to sue over this. It seems that so many of his classmates and aquaintances knew he was having problems... seems his parent should have too. He needed help, bad.

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, you know how it is these days... Parents will find any excuse other than blaming themselves...

6. Zero Prime

Oh, Im sure they will sue. Otherwise they wouldn't have a lawyer already. And the family stating they tried to warn poilice that they don't believe it is a real gun.

7. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

They've got no grounds to sue on. They'll never win a dime. They've most likely got a lawyer for their own protection.

If I'm a SWAT team member, and something's pointed at me - I don't care if it's black, green, purple, clear, whatever. It's a threat, and it will be dealt with with the most extreme force needed to ensure that my life continues.

8. Zero Prime

Oh I didn't say they would win, just sue. This is America after all. People sue over stupid ass BS all the time. What sucks is sometimes they win.

9. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't care if the suspect was 3 or 300 if a weapon was pointed at me the first thought would be to fire my weapon and end the threat.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Jux & DF is right, what that kid(RIP) did was very stupid. Should never point anything at a law enforcer , especially in the heat of the moment when their adreniline is twitchy.
    When it's you or them, there's no thime to think what exactly they're holding if your life could depend on it. Especially if they're aiming that pellet gun at your head.

Hope other kids learn from this

11. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Darwin 1 | Stupid kid 0

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I just feel sorry for the cops. They're going to have to live with the fact they killed a kid. It was justified, but it still can't be an easy thing to deal with.

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You all wouldn't believe the amount of coverage this is getting locally - and rightfully so, I suppose.

The latest tidbit of information is that when the parents were contacted and told that all of this was going down (and before he was shot), supposedly they told the police he only had access to a pellet gun or that it was unlikely he had a real gun.

If that is the case, you can bet there will be a lawsuit. They've secured the services of one of the local ambulance-chasers, the "Nation" law firm. As someone alse stated, it's always someone elses fault. :rolleyes: 

Definitely tragic though. Very sad. :( 

14. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

It doesn't matter if it's real or not. Police can't assume it's fake when it's being pointed at them in a threatening manner. When police start assuming that, we start getting a lot more dead police officers. No police department in America is going to issue orders saying we think it's fake so don't protect yourself. Hell, I bet the parents weren't even 100% sure. Bottom line is, the stupid kid shouldn't have had it at school pellet gun or not, and he damn sure shouldn't have pointed it at a police officer.

" more than 40 officers, including SWAT and negotiators, were on scene. He refused to drop the firearm, Eslinger said, and was shot after pointing it at a SWAT deputy"

Dumbass

15. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Oh they're going to sue. They're going to sue the police, the Rockstar video game company and Take-Two Entertainment for making GTA games, countless movie producers, and probably Walmart, Sony, and Microsoft for allowing violent video games to be sold in a store.

There are so many stupid parents around now that think that money will bring their child back to life, or at least, ease their pain.

16. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I feel bad for the cops and the parents, but I hope they have the decency to not sue over this, It just makes us as a nation look bad.

17. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

materialims kinda sickens me.

...but yeah if you point a a gun that looks like a real one at me and I have something I would shoot to ensure my safety I would try to shoot the gun out of his hands but according to what I have read it was next to imposible.

18. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    This was no accident. He knew what he was doing, he knew he'd get shot, and he knew he'd die. They say suicide is the coward's way out, but putting that rope around your neck, taking that last step, that takes courage.

This little shit pawned all of his responsibility onto the cop, who now has to live with the crushing self-doubt the kid was too chicken to take to the grave.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you know i was just about to say something about Jack Thompson sueing on behalf of these people. Sad the kid died, but it is his own damn fault...

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No. You wouldn't. You would have reacted to save your life and the lives of those with you, and put a hole through the little moron where it would do the most damage. You would have put him down, so he couldn't hurt anyone.
    My thoughts exactly. there may be one less turd in the genpool, but the price for that poor cop is high.