15 things about FOC

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sideswipe80, Feb 20, 2012.

1. caecae22

caecae22 Fifth Face of Darkness

Twitter:
    i know that there is no co op campaign for some stupid reason but will there be escalation and other multiplayer modes with customizable characters like in thefirst game?

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    He's as someone said "The closest thing the video game industry has to having a leading man". His CV is impressive to say the least.

3. Shizuka

News Credits:
    But then that halves the variety. Cliffjumper seems to be more of a generic character so that takes away from what Jazz brings to the game.

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. Coop is making a HUGE comeback. Most game companys are trying hard to put out SOME type of coop with a title just because there is a huge, and growing demographic that will play any game, even if its not in their realm of interest, or its really shitty, just to play against bots with Buddys.
    WFC escalation mode, and coop mode was what I, and every player that I know of, played the most of that game.
    The multiplayer wasn't bad...it just got VERY stale..VERY. fast. Play it for awhile and it turns into unreal tournament where you transform.

WINNER!!! YOU JUST WON THE ACHIEVEMENT FOR SELFISH ASSWIPE POST OF THE WEEK!!
    you don't understand...you never will. You use your dated pc for surfing for crotch shots of Brittany spears instead of gaming. Some people understand that the pc is STILL, the TRUE gamers choice. I had a ps3, traded that POS for a CZ75. I have a 360, its fun to play kiddie games. There is NO reason for me, a mature die hard gamer, to dive into the cesspool of xbox live to deal with screaming 7 year olds, cheap noob tubers, and the self rightous drivel to play a game that is the SAME GAME...being put out year after year under a different name or story.
    See, I have a serious fucking rig. If someone like you that enjoys allowing COD testicles resting on your chin, actually SEE what a computer like mine can do....bah..yea..you'd still lie to yourself and say a 360 is better. With EVERY game that comes out on pc, comes a tidal wave of user made mods and bonus content for free, the ability to take a single game you paid for and turn it into multiple games for free with total conversions, STILL makes the pc the true, refined gamers choice.
    While your running the same paths shooting hundreds of bullets in the same maps over and over in cod, I am playing ARMAII, with graphics that blow that Atari 2600 quality game to shame. A dynamic sandbox scaled by satellites of afganistan, and any other place you want to import, thousand of real world units, vehicles, planes, ships, tanks...you name it, I can play with it, and you can even import 3rd party mods into the game to play with them. Ever wanted to see what a veritech fighter would do against Russian T-90 platoons? You can make that...how about cobra troops taking over a city? I've done it, and its easy, and makes shit on consoles look.STUPID by comparison.

That's just ONE game. Let alone all my flight sims, strategy games like the award winning total war series.

Then you have steam, and desura...both free....and allows thousands upon thousands of titles and mods to be quickly DL'd for free and played, on a system that will never go away.

SO, PC gamers aren't crying...we Prolly just won't buy it til its in the bargain bin. By that time, the multiplayer will be dead, and we just play it to see the sp game. I'll tell you this right now ASS....if it came out for pc, people would mod the shit out of it...you would see G1 mods...with devestator...Ariel bots...you name it, it would be made. Since its only out on console, your stuck with what they give you, and the game dies pretty soon.

It has shown over and over that pc titles enjoy YEARS AND YEARS of revenue because of 3rd party mods. People make mods for old games, and then people buy those games to play the mods.

The ONLY games I own on 360, are titles that are coop sandbox type games that my Sunday gaming crowd plays. GTA, GRAW2 (which is waaaay better on pc) ace combat...that kinda shit. I don't buy any new 360 games anymore because I put that cash in my pc now...and I just used gamefly for games on 360. Even gamefly recognizes the pc crowd with the new beta program....

By skipping. The pc crowd, they tell me 2 things. They don't plan on a lot of support after launch. They are really only interested in sales of the first 3 weeks of the game. Then its on to the next project.

You showed your ass, as one of the immature 7 year olds that make me stay away from xbox live.

5. Shizuka

News Credits:
    DOTM was short because it was a movie-game not because it had one campaign. If you saw their reasoning then you'd know know right they were. I liked the 2 campaigns in WfC but it's true that they both felt the same because the both we're the same. They both had to have a tutorial and they both ended with a giant boss but the fact is that they felt the same for the sake of the player who could play either in any order.

Stop being so childish and pay attention.

6. Shizuka

News Credits:
    If I recall correctly Tieger said that they wanted the character to feel very involved in the game similarly to how Dead Space 2 was set up.

7. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome. I was hoping Gregg would return.

8. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    No co-op? Lame.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Interesting to see how Gregg Berger's Grimlock lives up. Will it be like Peter Cullen and Frank Welker were they still got it?

Fall of Cybertron's sounds cooler by the moment, i need to get a console for it.

10. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Because God forbid they try to, I dunno, improve the mechanics? Perhaps bring in... respawn?

Nah, it's just easier to toss Bruticus and Grimlock in there. That'll shut the fans up.

12. StBrianofMinneapolis

StBrianofMinneapolis Well-Known Member

Who is the voice of Optimus? I know who it should be, but I cant find any info on this.

13. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    The only thing I'll miss about co-op is listening to the banter between the characters, heh. Like with the Seekers or between Ironhide and Warpath. That was always pretty funny. Other than that, I never played co-op.

I don't care either it's not on the PC, since I have a PS3 and a PC, since there's games on both systems that I enjoy.

Anyways, looking forward to the game! Getting to play as Jazz is a dream come true for me! And hell, even the rest of the game sounds freakin' awesome!

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's Peter Cullen, man. You probably don't recognise him since, unlike in Prime, he sounds awake.

15. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Exactly. Don't believe the propaganda Matt T shouts about.
    Don't get me all excited about character creation when we're going to have one "Optimus" level and one "Jazz" level. When they start talking up all the multiplayer aspects I put my brain on snooze.

They should have put some single player longevity in this game with some sandbox/exploration aspects.

16. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    Thank you! To prove your point again with Mods for PC games, take a look at this unofficial DLC Mod for War for Cybertron!PC version ini - Steam Users' Forums

17. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    In this thread: anecdotal evidence is treated as fact

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most of this news was known (as of the game-play pay video and previous news). That said, Gregg Berger voicing Grimlock is the only news worth reporting!:rock  How can anyone be pissed with this news?

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Touche! :lol 

20. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That looks killer.

Imagine if WFC does allow combiner play...I can so imagine a G1 mod. Too bad.